CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Noel+ wrote:Tonight ABC is showing a 50th Anniversary tribute to Charlie Brown followed by the annual Charlie Brown Christmas special And on ABC Family The Polar Express is playing tonight too. Just love the Christmas season! :popcorn:

It's a big night. We're watching The Voice until The Charlie Brown Special comes on. I'm thankful for dvr's at Christmas time. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm

A little family compromise was in order tonight. Hubby wouldn't give up the main tv so dd and I watched The Charlie Brown anniversary special together in the bedroom. We dvr'd A Charlie Brown Christmas to watch tomorrow night and I've got A Polar Express on dvd for later on. We've enjoyed watching the Voice too. Too many good things to watch tonight. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Oh I almost forgot. I have a strong suspicion that our Elf on a Shelf will make her grand reappearance tonight. She was gonna come back Thanksgiving night but didn't quite make it. Let the Christmas elf fun begin! :elfgrin: :elf:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:13 pm

CandyKane wrote:Oh I almost forgot. I have a strong suspicion that our Elf on a Shelf will make her grand reappearance tonight. She was gonna come back Thanksgiving night but didn't quite make it. Let the Christmas elf fun begin! :elfgrin: :elf:

What great Christmas Elf fun CK. By the way tomorrow night on CBS is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We also watch in the bedroom because DH has sports dibs. We have fun anyway. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:51 am

Noel+ wrote:Tonight ABC is showing a 50th Anniversary tribute to Charlie Brown followed by the annual Charlie Brown Christmas special And on ABC Family The Polar Express is playing tonight too. Just love the Christmas season! :popcorn:

Christmas bummer. I can't believe I forgot all about it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:59 am

Puternut, I, like everyone here, am looking forward to seeing your display! It is always a highlight of the Christmas season!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:00 am

I will definitely post when I have the village and Christmas tree set up.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:01 am

Did anyone watch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special tonight? I didn't get a chance to see it and wondered how it was different from the original (or if it was different at all).

Yes Kiwi the kiddos & I watched both the 50th special & Christmas show. It was the same beloved CB CHRISTMAS as always. I never tire of it. The Peanuts 50th anniversary special had guest singers; groups & tribute clips of all the Peanuts special. Check ABC app to watch it in a few days. :smilecc:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I will definitely post when I have the village and Christmas tree set up.

That is Christmas cool! :snowhouse:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:45 am

Puternut wrote:Tomorrow night Dec. 1st. is our lighting and we are ready! :sleephat: last night did a quick check and had neighbors and cars checking on us :santa: My big job begins soon making videos and slideshows editing and posting ho-ho-ho oh boy! :think:

You are so Christmas amazing! Wish we lived close so we could help. Perky wants to be "that house" in the US. WE see more and more in Sweden but usually just white lights which look great against the snow (normally, no snow yet this year). :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:47 am

CandyKane wrote:Oh I almost forgot. I have a strong suspicion that our Elf on a Shelf will make her grand reappearance tonight. She was gonna come back Thanksgiving night but didn't quite make it. Let the Christmas elf fun begin! :elfgrin: :elf:

Last year my aunt "lost" her elf on the shelf and my little cousin wanted to know why they had one at home but her's was not out yet. My clever aunt told him that the elves come out in alphabetical order, since his name started with a C and her's with an H, then of course his elf was there first..........hm..............Christmas logic. :laugh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:49 am

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.as ... ramid=3036

Some Swedish classic Christmas music. I love the web channel. I keep it going at work. For home, it is a bit too slow and makes me groggy.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.as ... ramid=4863

There is the link to the radio Christmas calendar as well. It is a radio show of 24 short episodes. They are only 8 minutes if you want to hear the Swedish language. Hubby and I have both been having terrorist dreams so we decided the last thing we will discuss before sleep is the radio julkalendar to test my Swedish. Much better than watching CNN, BBC, or NCIS.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:08 am

Thank you for the tip of cycling the ABC website in a few days for the Charlie Brown special. Unfortunately I will miss Rudolph tonight because I am in class until 8:45... It's a good thing I already have the DVD. There is something magical about watching it when it airs on TV though...you feel like you are sharing in something with everyone.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 am

Hello December! :ornwave: It's so good to see you again. And I see you've brought my favorite holiday Christmas with you. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am

Sparkle Elf reappeared last night. Dd found her this morning peeking out from behind some Christmas decorations. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:09 am

CandyKane wrote:Sparkle Elf reappeared last night. Dd found her this morning peeking out from behind some Christmas decorations. :elfgrin:

too Christmas cute. :elf:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Thank you for the tip of cycling the ABC website in a few days for the Charlie Brown special. Unfortunately I will miss Rudolph tonight because I am in class until 8:45... It's a good thing I already have the DVD. There is something magical about watching it when it airs on TV though...you feel like you are sharing in something with everyone.

That's exactly how I feel. I have all the Christmas Specials on DVD, but there is something about watching it when it airs on TV. Maybe it's because that's the way we grew up watching it or just knowing that everyone is watching at the same time with you.
:think:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am

24 Days till Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:19 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm longing for some Christmas cookies and milk.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 am

2700 Christmas Posts!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter