CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:MERRY WASSAIL WEDNESDAY!!!

Still trying to decorate inside house and start tree decorating on busy work schedules! Enjoy the Christmas spirit today my friends. :smilecc:

Good luck with your Christmas decorating Noel!

Wednesday?!

:laugh: -I am so Christmas exhausted at work I just realized it's Thursday when reading your post.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.

I realize now that I got my Days mixed up. This has been a weird week, either I have insomnia or I sleep the sleep of the dead and can't Wake up. I have had sleep cycles Before but it is usually a week or two at a time not every other day. Maybe I will sleep normally and Dream of Christmas tonight. :sleephat:

Christmas dittos Jolly.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Okay -- let's ry this again. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Just finished most of my Christmas cards at lunch break so they will be elf-carried to your homes hopefully by Monday. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:51 pm

I'll be working on and hopefully sending out my Christmas cards tomorrow. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Heading out to the church now. Time for Christmas decorating!!! :magi:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:56 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Heading out to the church now. Time for Christmas decorating!!! :magi:

ENJOY! It's joyful Christmas fun. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:38 am

Just realized that we have something going every weekend from now until Christmas. Fun things, but still............tomorrow is the Christmas lunch cruise, next weekend is Lucia in Sweden and we like to go to the events at the Skansen outdoor museum, then we have an SCA Midwinter event and then it's Christmas!

You can read about the Skansen events at www.skansen.se. They even have an English page. We have been to the church concerts, and the Missions House, this year we are going to the Nyloftet (literally New Loft) for a sit down event with rice pudding, saffron buns, and gingerbread snacks. It costs a little more but you are actually booking a seat instead of standing in line for 1-2 hours and then maybe not getting a seat for the other programs. I enjoy the programs, but I am not a "crowd" person. It's these little extras that remind me why it's nice to have jobs. Oh yeah, and also on the last weekend before Christmas, on Sunday night is the Lebanese "Christmas" buffet at our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Something else we try to do every year even when destitute. We are thinking of having our 10th anniversary celebration there in a couple of years.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:57 am

Noel+ wrote:Just finished most of my Christmas cards at lunch break so they will be elf-carried to your homes hopefully by Monday. :wink:

I was hoping to do mine this weekend, I am beginning to see how mailing Christmas cards is a lost art. No one has the time. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:17 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 21 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:51 am

The next 3 weeks are jam packed with activities. It's funny how we wait all year for Christmas. Then it's here and gone in a flash. :rudolph1: It would be great if our daily responsibilities could be put on hold but it just doesn't work that way. So I'm trying hard to savor every Christmasy moment. :rabstar:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 am

I recorded 'Stealing Christmas' on the dvr. I'm planning to put it on while I'm taking care of some inside chores. :carolbells:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:55 am

We found Sparkle hanging out on top of our Christmas tree this morning. Our angel was sharing her spot with her. :angel: :treegifts: :peek:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:59 am

CandyKane wrote:The next 3 weeks are jam packed with activities. It's funny how we wait all year for Christmas. Then it's here and gone in a flash. :rudolph1: It would be great if our daily responsibilities could be put on hold but it just doesn't work that way. So I'm trying hard to savor every Christmasy moment. :rabstar:

I totally agree. Many Swedes take off December 13-January 13 especially if they have kids. I have never had the opportunity. It would be nice just to focus on Christmas and not have to keep day to day life going as well. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 am

CandyKane wrote:I recorded 'Stealing Christmas' on the dvr. I'm planning to put it on while I'm taking care of some inside chores. :carolbells:

Sounds too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

If you get UP tv channel you can watch the Holderness family Christmas Jammy Jam special tonight. I love their videos so it should be good. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just finished most of my Christmas cards at lunch break so they will be elf-carried to your homes hopefully by Monday. :wink:

I was hoping to do mine this weekend, I am beginning to see how mailing Christmas cards is a lost art. No one has the time. :gbhouse:

Jolly your pre-Christmas weekends with Perky sound awesome! You'll get to the cards when it is time - no worries. Sometimes I admit I wish I could have a Christmas season to do just what I want to do. I think they call that childhood Christmas past! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:57 pm

CandyKane wrote:The next 3 weeks are jam packed with activities. It's funny hoYesw we wait all year for Christmas. Then it's here and gone in a flash. :rudolph1: It would be great if our daily responsibilities could be put on hold but it just doesn't work that way. So I'm trying hard to savor every Christmasy moment. :rabstar:

Yes, CandyKane, it does fly at reindeer speed from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day. Like you, I want to cherish each moment, make new memories that last a lifetime and focus on the first gift from God. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:58 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you get UP tv channel you can watch the Holderness family Christmas Jammy Jam special tonight. I love their videos so it should be good. :smilecc:

Thanks CK! My kiddos are always up for a new Christmas special and this one sounds perfect. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:59 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIDAY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter