CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:33 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 am

Perky got mixed news at work. He will be getting an extension of 1 year but no permanent contract. It is not quite the Christmas present he was hoping for, but neither is it a lump of coal. It is a sad fact in Sweden that you can be "temporary" for up to two years, then they have to either hire you permanently or let you go........they usually let the person go so they can hire someone else at either the same pay or less.......but, we shall have a wonderfully quiet Christmas, enjoy our summer cruise, and continue saving for Christmas in Texas 2016.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 am

It's the first day of the last week of dds school before Christmas break. It's gonna be a wild one. :toychase:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:38 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello my friends. It sounds like everyone has been enjoying their Christmas season this weekend. Michelle and I were in Atlanta for my oldest's son's graduation from Georgia Tech. So proud of him. He graduated with highest honors and now will be moving to Indiana to work for Toyota as an engineer. Sure am going to miss him.

That's wonderful Christmas Crazy! Congratulations to your son on his graduation and new job! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:39 am

Just watched 'Twas the night before Christmas. It's the first time I've seen it this season. :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:52 am

We have a Christmas party tonight. There's no gift exchange. Instead it's a candy/baked goods exchange. :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:10 pm

CandyKane wrote:We have a Christmas party tonight. There's no gift exchange. Instead it's a candy/baked goods exchange. :hohat:

That sounds like a yummy Christmas party!!! :dinner:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:12 pm

My other son, a junior in college, is coming home today for Christmas break.
I can't wait to see him.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:36 am

Sorry to be MIA my Christmas friends. Some Scrooge gave all of us a virus. In b.ed all day & headed back there now. Keep those Christmas posts coming so we reach our goal. Thanks CK for posting a cheery reminder. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:09 am

Noel+ wrote:Sorry to be MIA my Christmas friends. Some Scrooge gave all of us a virus. In b.ed all day & headed back there now. Keep those Christmas posts coming so we reach our goal. Thanks CK for posting a cheery reminder. :smilecc:

Praying for you and your family my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:22 am

Busy busy busy at work trying to get all done before my Christmas vacation. Haven't decided if I am getting out of bed on Friday or if I'm gonna sleep until Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:14 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Busy busy busy at work trying to get all done before my Christmas vacation. Haven't decided if I am getting out of bed on Friday or if I'm gonna sleep until Christmas.

I vote to sleep till Christmas! :sleephat:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Busy busy busy at work trying to get all done before my Christmas vacation. Haven't decided if I am getting out of bed on Friday or if I'm gonna sleep until Christmas.

It doesn't work when one is the wife or mother. Something I never appreciated. Oh, and we got your Christmas card, Christmas Crazy! Woohoo.
I prefer to be off before Christmas so I can clean and bake. Perky prefers to be off so he can "relax"......go figure........ :think:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

It doesn't work when one is the wife or mother. Something I never appreciated. Oh, and we got your Christmas card, Christmas Crazy! Woohoo.
I prefer to be off before Christmas so I can clean and bake. Perky prefers to be off so he can "relax"......go figure........ :think:

I received your Christmas card also. Loved it! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:45 am

A week from today I will be off for Christmas! I do wish time would slow down though!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:47 am

Just checking in with my Christmas friends. Your prayers & thoughts are appreciated. Sleeping at every opportunity and hope to be better soon. Christmas is so close now!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:08 am

Noel+ wrote:Just checking in with my Christmas friends. Your prayers & thoughts are appreciated. Sleeping at every opportunity and hope to be better soon. Christmas is so close now!! :scene:

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick before Christmas is no fun! Perky is fighting another cold so he is not a happy camper. Perky also got an early Christmas present yesterday in the form of a signed contract. I was thinking that maybe it is only for a year to see how well he does juggling two schools. He has them laid out like military units and he is the field commander.........who ever knew that supervising military excercises would be such good experience for a preschool admin. :laugh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:11 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just checking in with my Christmas friends. Your prayers & thoughts are appreciated. Sleeping at every opportunity and hope to be better soon. Christmas is so close now!! :scene:

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick before Christmas is no fun! Perky is fighting another cold so he is not a happy camper. Perky also got an early Christmas present yesterday in the form of a signed contract. I was thinking that maybe it is only for a year to see how well he does juggling two schools. He has them laid out like military units and he is the field commander.........who ever knew that supervising military excercises would be such good experience for a preschool admin. :laugh:

Congrats! On Perky's signed contract!! What an awesome 1st day of Christmas present! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:14 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:A week from today I will be off for Christmas! I do wish time would slow down though!

Kiwi is your Christmas village all set up yet? The pace to Christmas is past reindeer speed to full-throttle sleigh speed. Hope your celebrations are wonderful. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter