CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Noel+ wrote:Jolly as we finally looked at yesterday's mail I found your Christmas card! Just love the artwork on the front & your lovely messages. Swedish stamps are pretty too...kiddos staring at them now. Thamjs :merrytree: :angelmerry:

Glad all the cards made it Before Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Here is something I Always wondered but Perky has asked me. ON tv, people Always dress up for Christmas Eve/Day. If you are not going anywhere, but celebrating in your own home, do you dress up for Christmas? My family does not., Usually jeans with christmas themed denim shirts with tank tops (It's Texas after all) unless we are going to Church. The one who is cooking and cleaning might be wearing sweats and a christmas themed sweat shirt. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Today is baking day and I am watching It's a Wonderful LIfe, Another must see Christmas Movie. I made "mock" mincemeat tarts and cheese dough for what my family called "cheese balls": The recipe actually says melt away cheese rounds and I just found it online for my cousin. The dough doesn't seem quite right, but we shall see tomorrow when I make Little balls out of them and Cook them.

Perky has to work until Thursday. If we are not feeling better, I Think Christmas will be spent in bed watching Christmas Movies on FeelN. We have a Cruise on the 26th and I want to be able to enjoy that. We can buy the food and make what we want when we want it. The Swedish smörgåsbord is good for that. Same with the murkey, we can make it the week after, no problem.

Here is the recipe:
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/member-reci ... 25796.aspx

Jolly so sorry you are not feeling better. It was 5 days before I left more like myself. Let your Christmas cheer lift you up. And thanks for the Kraft recipe. Now I think we remember DH's aunt making these at New Years. Anyway it sounds delcioius. Sure hope you & Perky are able to take your cruise, relax and enjoy your time together as we close out 2015. :snowtree:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:For your Christmas viewing pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93A0D_5yX3g

Thanks. We're spoiled in the USA: NBC has already shown It's A Wonderful LIfe twice and will repeat it Christmas Eve. It is the perfect movie, next to The Nativity, for after candlelight communion. So glad you were able to watch it again. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Here is something I Always wondered but Perky has asked me. ON tv, people Always dress up for Christmas Eve/Day. If you are not going anywhere, but celebrating in your own home, do you dress up for Christmas? My family does not., Usually jeans with christmas themed denim shirts with tank tops (It's Texas after all) unless we are going to Church. The one who is cooking and cleaning might be wearing sweats and a christmas themed sweat shirt. ;-)

That's a good question Perky asked and for my family it has changed over the decades. I particularly remember as a child in Indiana we always dressed to the 9s for Christmas Eve. We did not attend church then despite my Mother's best motivating speeches to my Father. And, often he worked then during emergencies. My grandparents, great aunts, and aunts always dressed formally also. The table was set formally. It was a 'fancy do' as my Grandpa would say. That began to change as my older relatives passed away and the events were hosted by younger generations. My parents let us stay in our jammies all Christmas Day if we were not traveling to a relative's house [weather].

My family has also reduced the formality here in Arizona. For one thing it has been as hot as 87F on Christmas Day! Christmas Eve, or Easter, is like my Sunday attire: slacks, blouse, dress shoes, earrings -- and a vest in a colder winter like this year. My attire is always a Christmas top and earrings. If we are going to my sister's house we dress casual in jeans/slacks, christmas sweatshirt or teeshirt, tennies. There will be big dogs to play with and more than a few stray cat hairs to bring home with us! :snowink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

I just received an early Christmas present: my A1c was down to 6.8 !!! That's 3 points lower than in June and after Thanksgiving Day!! Ok......this silly Elf is dancing!!! :snowdance:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Jolly a cousiin of mine found what she believes to be the original fudge recipe my Dad used to make! Now there were two copies and slightly altered by hand. It is not my Dad's scribble but one of his brothers. I am sharing it with you as you mentioned last year, and this year again, that you too loved your father's fudge. If I remember correctly he told you the recipe was on a 'tin'. And we both remarked how they would 'beat' the fudge mixture for 10 plus minutes. DH is going to try it before Christmas. Enjoy!

Old Fashioned Fudge

1/2 Cup Cocoa
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Cups white sugar
1 Cup milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Grease or waxpaper an 8x8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.

Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 238 degrees F(114 degrees C). If you are not using a thermometer, then cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen. 8-10 Minutes. Do not under beat.

pour into pan and set on window ledge until completely cooled. Cut with warm knife.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:19 pm

My Christmas friends..........

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:20 pm

The big Christmas question of the week is:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:22 pm

2990 Christmas posts!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Happy Birthday jlcarey!! :rabstar: :balloons:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Noel+ wrote:The big Christmas question of the week is:

I'm dreaming of it but won't be getting one. It looks like warm Christmas rain is in our forecast. :merrytree:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:33 pm

We are enjoying a much needed restful night at home. Dds been watching a Drake and Josh Christmas show, hubbys playing on the iPad, and I'm just sitting here refusing to do anything. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm so glad that we're gonna reach our posts goal. Christmas is always better when you share it with friends. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:23 am

This is one of the Christmas village pics. Testing to see how the post looks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:25 am

A closer Christmas village view. :scene: :gbhouse:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:05 am

CandyKane wrote:I'm so glad that we're gonna reach our posts goal. Christmas is always better when you share it with friends. :thumbs:

Yes Christmas is definitely better with friends who celebrate it all year! :snowhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:06 am

CandyKane wrote:We are enjoying a much needed restful night at home. Dds been watching a Drake and Josh Christmas show, hubbys playing on the iPad, and I'm just sitting here refusing to do anything. :D

A perfect pre-Christmas week evening!! :merrytree: :treewiggle:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:08 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:A closer Christmas village view. :scene: :gbhouse:

Oh Kiwi your Christmas village is Ho Ho Ho perfect!! Thanks for sharing its beauty with us!! :snowdeer: :blinky1: :merrysleigh: :snowhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:10 am

3000 Christmas posts in 2015!!!!!

Take a bow my Christmas friends!
:santadance: :magi: :nav1: :nav2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter