CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:30 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:The snow has finally arrived here! While I did like not having to wear a coat at Christmas, I did miss the snow.

Enjoy your After Christmas snow. We got rain. Over 8 inches have fallen since Saturday. A chance of another shower this afternoon then hopefully it's gonna be over. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:12 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am thinking of ways to keep my Christmas village up all year long. I do have a separate train set that could help me do that...*thinking*

There was a facebook thing going around about putting the village on a ladder with boards. From the family Pictures, it looks like my aunt did that this year. It was too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:13 pm

Came back from the Cruise to a snow storm. Had to take a taxi home because we missed the bus. Not quite a White christmas, but still nice to look at today. Back to work tomorrow which is no Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:00 pm

We are traveling home from Indiana today. Going thru Tennessee now. The temp is 73F. Didn't seem like Christmas this year with all the warm weather.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to check in tonight.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:47 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:The snow has finally arrived here! While I did like not having to wear a coat at Christmas, I did miss the snow.

Yay for a late Christmas snow! Get out your sled Kiwi! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 pm

CandyKane wrote:

Enjoy your After Christmas snow. We got rain. Over 8 inches have fallen since Saturday. A chance of another shower this afternoon then hopefully it's gonna be over. :holly1:

That is more than a lot of rain CK! Stay safe. How did your DD like her iPad? :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I am thinking of ways to keep my Christmas village up all year long. I do have a separate train set that could help me do that...*thinking*

There was a facebook thing going around about putting the village on a ladder with boards. From the family Pictures, it looks like my aunt did that this year. It was too Christmas cute.

That is a cute Christmas idea. What's your plan Kiwi? :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Came back from the Cruise to a snow storm. Had to take a taxi home because we missed the bus. Not quite a White christmas, but still nice to look at today. Back to work tomorrow which is no Christmas fun!

Hope your post-
Christmas pre-New Year week is snowy & bright Jolly. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We are traveling home from Indiana today. Going thru Tennessee now. The temp is 73F. Didn't seem like Christmas this year with all the warm weather.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to check in tonight.

Safe travels Christmas Crazy. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:21 pm

We made it home around 5:30 this evening. 14 hour drives are exhausting. But we had a great time celebrating Christmas with family which makes it all worth it.
:D :santa:
We are really looking forward to sleeping in our own bed tonight.
:sleephat:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Sweet restful Christmas dreams CC. :sleephat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Noel+ wrote:Sweet restful Christmas dreams CC. :sleephat:

Thank you my Christmas friend!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Noel and Jolly,

That ladder display idea for the Christmas village is a very cool idea. I am trying to get into some woodworking and am beginning with a project to make a sled to display on my wall in my "Man Cave" in the basement. Here is a link to the website for the plans: http://www.fynesdesigns.com/diy-vintage-sled/

I like the idea of it becoming more of a "Christmas Cave." I may try to set up a winter village train set in the basement along a wall.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:07 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel and Jolly,

That ladder display idea for the Christmas village is a very cool idea. I am trying to get into some woodworking and am beginning with a project to make a sled to display on my wall in my "Man Cave" in the basement. Here is a link to the website for the plans: http://www.fynesdesigns.com/diy-vintage-sled/

I like the idea of it becoming more of a "Christmas Cave." I may try to set up a winter village train set in the basement along a wall.

That would be very cool kiwi. I've been wanting to make a Christmas Sleigh for the front yard, but haven't found anything within my budget.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:37 am

I have seen some trains that are on sort of a suspended track from the ceiling. When to a train display with the ex in another life and it was too Christmas cool. We never managed it though.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:38 am

I could definitely use a "Christmas cave". Too bad our basement storage is all filled up, that would be too Christmas perfect. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:40 am

http://countryandvictoriantimes.com/201 ... lay-shelf/

Here is the Christmas village on a ladder idea. It looks very similar to what my aunt did, but I wonder how she kept the dogs and grandkids from knocking it over. I would also think the boards somehow attach to the ladder otherwise you might have a tipping over problem. Still, an intriguing Christmas concept.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:09 am

Wow! What an awesome idea Kiwi. :D Enjoy the project. How sweet to have a year round Christmas cave! :thumbs:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:10 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://countryandvictoriantimes.com/2014/12/20/christmas-tree-decorating-idea-ladder-display-shelf/

Here is the Christmas village on a ladder idea. It looks very similar to what my aunt did, but I wonder how she kept the dogs and grandkids from knocking it over. I would also think the boards somehow attach to the ladder otherwise you might have a tipping over problem. Still, an intriguing Christmas concept.

Thanks for the link Jolly. A creative Christmas train idea.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:36 am

Crazy day at work as we prepare for the spring term. Unlike the US, the Swedish terms go all the way until 15 January with the Spring term starting 18 January. Whew! Trying to stay sane by listening to some Christmas tunes on Live365.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter