Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 am

A super busy day of work & errands until the night. My Christmas friends keep planning this year's celebrations and share the joy! :snowhappy2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:07 am

Kiwi: have you started your new Christmas projects yet? :think:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:50 pm

A beautiful day of sunshine and 60 degrees. If the wind wasn't blowing it would be perfect. Have a great Thursday Christmas friends. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:05 pm

CandyKane wrote:A beautiful day of sunshine and 60 degrees. If the wind wasn't blowing it would be perfect. Have a great Thursday Christmas friends. :smilecc:

Enjoy your beautiful day CK. Just let the wind remind you of Christmas. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Noel, I have been pulling together plans thus far for my Christmas woodworking projects as well as supplies. I am hoping to get a drill press a few other tools before getting to building.

I have also come up with a few more ideas: a spice rack for the pantry, and a growler carrier (what can I say, I like good beer).
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 345 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:02 am

Good morning Christmas friends. It's a cold and rainy Friday here. I work till 3 then it's home for a long weekend. Can't wait.
Have a blessed weekend!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I have been pulling together plans thus far for my Christmas woodworking projects as well as supplies. I am hoping to get a drill press a few other tools before getting to building.

I have also come up with a few more ideas: a spice rack for the pantry, and a growler carrier (what can I say, I like good beer).

Those are great post-Christmas projects Kiwi. I like how organized you are in preparing the details. Enjoy and please post pictures this year of your finished projects. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:41 am

Please welcome new member Patricia1812 to our group! We're so excited to have you join our Christmas celebration Patricia.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:43 am

Merry Christmas Saturday my friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:04 am

Busy Saturday ahead but I wanted to stop by and wish all my Christmas friends a wonderful weekend. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:46 am

Wow! I did not realize we were back up! It has been undecorating day here at the O'Leary Place. The only thing left is the "cap" on the curtains. The curtains are red/linen check so we will change the top to one with cupids until Valentine's Day., The post Christmas undecorating snack mix is baking in the oven and we are listening to a mix of Christmas tunes on YouTube. Looking forward to setting in with the snack mix and glögg later with a good Movie. We are currently watching the ´Boston Blackie series from the 1940's. Love those old Movies. Alias Boston Blackie is the Christmas one. I am hoping After MIdnight is New Year's but we shall see!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I have been pulling together plans thus far for my Christmas woodworking projects as well as supplies. I am hoping to get a drill press a few other tools before getting to building.

A spice rack sounds wonderful. What is a growler carrier and what does it have to do with beer? We make our own meade. Have to make a Christmas in July meade next.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Wow! I did not realize we were back up! It has been undecorating day here at the O'Leary Place. The only thing left is the "cap" on the curtains. The curtains are red/linen check so we will change the top to one with cupids until Valentine's Day., The post Christmas undecorating snack mix is baking in the oven and we are listening to a mix of Christmas tunes on YouTube. Looking forward to setting in with the snack mix and glögg later with a good Movie. We are currently watching the ´Boston Blackie series from the 1940's. Love those old Movies. Alias Boston Blackie is the Christmas one. I am hoping After MIdnight is New Year's but we shall see!

Jolly We missed you Christmas friend! Your day sounds productive & fun. Enjoy your snack mix & movies! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Jolly, that sounds like a fun day! Those types of traditions are always so near and dear to my heart.

A growler is a refillable large glass bottle (about 50 ounces). You bring it to a brewery for refills. At a local brewery I saw they had a 4- growler carrier someone had made. I thought I could make one, since I am in a crafty mood. It will be perfect for Christmas parties when the holiday beers will be ready again!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Merry Super Sunday Christmas!!!
ImageI hope that everyone has a blessed day!Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Merry Super Sunday to all my Christmas friends. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:01 am

First day of the Spring Term. Christmas Fun Fun Fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:38 am

Just got word that Perky's eye surgery (cataract) will be Friday at 8:30 a.m. Pray for quick easy and no complications (the lens is attached to the retina). He might have to spend the weekend watching /listening to Christmas movies. Downside: cruise cancelled, but we shall book again! The company was really nice. Having had sudden illness cause us to miss two cruises with no refunds, I now always buy the insurance We are at "that age"................sigh.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:24 pm

:snowday: Yup, it's a snow day! :snowjump: We didn't get a lot, but it's enough to make it look like a beautiful Christmas card outside. :snowhappy2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter