Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly, you and Perky are in our heartfelt prayers this morning. We believe the Lord will guide the doctor's hands and give the best results possible. Also it is hard to be the loved one waiting for the results so we ask for peace to rule in your heart.

We certainly appreciate the prayers, but surgery is not until next Friday, 29 January. Perky said "friday" and starting planning accordingly and his stupid wife never double checked the paper work. So, we had a trial run this morning. On the plus side, I was able to rebook the Cruise and we are off in a couple of hours. That will be almost as much fun as Christmas! Start sending those Christmas prayers again next Friday! :rudolph1:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:55 am

Noel+ wrote:Well as a massive winter snowstorm proceeds to cover large areas of the eastern US, here it is getting warmer by the day. Today it is projected to reach atleast 75F with 80F by Saturday. Next week...........90's! I am so NOT ready for summer weather again. I was wearing shorts at Thanksgiving!

Stay safe on the snowy/ice covered roads my friends. And then enjoy the soft blanket of snow bringing to mind White Christmas.

Having grown up in San Antonio, Texas, there was many a Thanksgiving and Christmas that was spent wearing shorts. For Thanksgiving, we usually had the hot meal, however Christmas could also be Cold ham/turkey and side salads if it was an 80 degree Christmas Day. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:04 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Jolly, you and Perky are in our heartfelt prayers this morning. We believe the Lord will guide the doctor's hands and give the best results possible. Also it is hard to be the loved one waiting for the results so we ask for peace to rule in your heart.

We certainly appreciate the prayers, but surgery is not until next Friday, 29 January. Perky said "friday" and starting planning accordingly and his stupid wife never double checked the paper work. So, we had a trial run this morning. On the plus side, I was able to rebook the Cruise and we are off in a couple of hours. That will be almost as much fun as Christmas! Start sending those Christmas prayers again next Friday! :rudolph1:

We most definitely will my Christmas friend. Have fun on your cruise!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:06 am

Noel+ wrote:The movie 13 Hours in Bengazai is a real-life accurate portrait of what we ask our special operators daily. And in the worst of circumstances. This is not a Christmas happy movie but a sobering view into what those men endured that night. We lost treasured blood in men of courageous souls. As a daughter of a special operator and DH a retired one, I can tell you these men protect America with no thought of gratitude or appreciation. They are true heros. The men's fees go to a charity set up to help contractors recover from seve injury. I salute them all.

God bless them all. They truly are heroes my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:07 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 338 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:37 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

EnjoY Your post-Christmas cruise Jolly!
Happy to have prayed ahead for next week. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Another snow day here. Noel I'd be glad to share some with you. :snowwow: The snow over the ice made it much easier to get around. Farm chores don't stop when the weather gets nasty. At least I still have my Christmas card view. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Noel+ wrote:The movie 13 Hours in Bengazai is a real-life accurate portrait of what we ask our special operators daily. And in the worst of circumstances. This is not a Christmas happy movie but a sobering view into what those men endured that night. We lost treasured blood in men of courageous souls. As a daughter of a special operator and DH a retired one, I can tell you these men protect America with no thought of gratitude or appreciation. They are true heros. The men's fees go to a charity set up to help contractors recover from seve injury. I salute them all.

This is on hubbys must see list. I'll probably watch it to. But I have such a low tolerance for violence. I know it's just a movie, but since it's based on real life It would be even harder to see. People really shouldn't live in their happy little bubbles. They should be educated about what others have to sacrifice so we can live like we do. God bless the men and women who serve to protect our way of life. Some jobs are more unseen and thankless than others, but so important. Noel, my Christmas friend, you have 2 great heroes to be proud of! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:20 pm

CandyKane wrote:

This is on hubbys must see list. I'll probably watch it to. But I have such a low tolerance for violence. I know it's just a movie, but since it's based on real life It would be even harder to see. People really shouldn't live in their happy little bubbles. They should be educated about what others have to sacrifice so we can live like we do. God bless the men and women who serve to protect our way of life. Some jobs are more unseen and thankless than others, but so important. Noel, my Christmas friend, you have 2 great heroes to be proud of! :smilecc:

Thank you CandyKane. I hope you both are touched by the movie as I. <3

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:00 pm

I've been reading about a family who for 1 year vowed to only buy/use things that were locally produced, handmade, homemade, or used. I wonder if I could turn this into a Christmas gift challenge? :think: It would be a welcome change from the plastic junk we buy. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 pm

When I grew up we mainly did just that to have funds to help those poorer than we were that year. In
A big city I am not certain what response you would get from people. I love the idea! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:26 am

After a long week, I am glad that Friday evening has arrived! Jolly, have fun on your cruise! To all those enduring the winter weather, have some hot cocoa and enjoy some Christmas music! Stay safe and warm! I am off to bed! No alarm tomorrow for this guy!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:After a long week, I am glad that Friday evening has arrived! Jolly, have fun on your cruise! To all those enduring the winter weather, have some hot cocoa and enjoy some Christmas music! Stay safe and warm! I am off to bed! No alarm tomorrow for this guy!

Hope your Friday evening and Saturday are restful and cozy Kiwi! With snow falling in a winter white landscape it is a perfect post-Christmas card. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 am

Merry Super Saturday Christmas friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:41 am

To all of you in the winter storm's path, please shelter inside and enjoy the view from your windows. And when weather permits, be a good Christmas friend to neighbiors, and those without family to check in on them. Let's hope people brought in their dogs & cats too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:43 am

Today I am fixing a big Mexican meal for dinner and it is making me hungry even after breakfast! Carnitas, tortillas, enchaladas, spanish rice, refried beans and store-bought taco sauce. Perfect for a late January meal. We don't usually eat this type of food around Christmas time. Enjoy your day. :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Noel+ wrote:To all of you in the winter storm's path, please shelter inside and enjoy the view from your windows. And when weather permits, be a good Christmas friend to neighbiors, and those without family to check in on them. Let's hope people brought in their dogs & cats too.

We're still frozen here but much better off than parts of the country. The news this morning showed 100,000 without power in North Carolina alone. This Winter Storm has really packed a punch. Prayers for those enduring this storm. I worry about the animals too. And when schools out for long periods you know there are hungry kids that usually depend on school meals. Sending warm Christmas Wishes for all. :snowgirl:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Noel+ wrote:Today I am fixing a big Mexican meal for dinner and it is making me hungry even after breakfast! Carnitas, tortillas, enchaladas, spanish rice, refried beans and store-bought taco sauce. Perfect for a late January meal. We don't usually eat this type of food around Christmas time. Enjoy your day. :dinner:

You are making me hungry with that menu. It all sounds good to me. I've been known to serve Mexican food for a Christmas Eve feast. joyelf

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:25 pm

My dd is a huge fan of the Shiloh book series. While searching online, she discovered a fourth book released last September. It's 'A Shiloh Christmas' and I just ordered a copy for her. I think this is one I'll be reading too. :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:31 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I am fixing a big Mexican meal for dinner and it is making me hungry even after breakfast! Carnitas, tortillas, enchaladas, spanish rice, refried beans and store-bought taco sauce. Perfect for a late January meal. We don't usually eat this type of food around Christmas time. Enjoy your day. :dinner:

You are making me hungry with that menu. It all sounds good to me. I've been known to serve Mexican food for a Christmas Eve feast. joyelf

My sister & family do that for us at Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve each year. :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter