Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:My dd is a huge fan of the Shiloh book series. While searching online, she discovered a fourth book released last September. It's 'A Shiloh Christmas' and I just ordered a copy for her. I think this is one I'll be reading too. :carolbells:

What a great post-Christmas find CK. I would read it too. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Noel+ wrote:Today I am fixing a big Mexican meal for dinner and it is making me hungry even after breakfast! Carnitas, tortillas, enchaladas, spanish rice, refried beans and store-bought taco sauce. Perfect for a late January meal. We don't usually eat this type of food around Christmas time. Enjoy your day. :dinner:

Oh that sounds so yummy my Christmas friend. I am trying to figure out what to have for supper tonight and now nothing seems adequate.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:25 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I am fixing a big Mexican meal for dinner and it is making me hungry even after breakfast! Carnitas, tortillas, enchaladas, spanish rice, refried beans and store-bought taco sauce. Perfect for a late January meal. We don't usually eat this type of food around Christmas time. Enjoy your day. :dinner:

You are making me hungry with that menu. It all sounds good to me. I've been known to serve Mexican food for a Christmas Eve feast. joyelf

The same year I got married (the first time) was the same year my grandparents Went to their pensioner apartment and my grandmother stopped cooking the big family meals. That's when things got weird. Mexican food particularly tamales is very common in San Antonio for the holidays but not as the main meal. I don't find it very Christmassy at all, but delicious. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:27 am

Came home from the very relaxing Cruise to a drs notice. My next diabetes check is February 2. Why is it Always after we have been out having a good time. Good thing I did not have that hjortcheesecake (Swedish thing) I wanted or that alcoholic coffee drink.......I did have 2 non alcoholic fruit drinks that I am sure had at least some added sugar and a glass of non alcoholic wine (basically grape juice).......oh well, I see lots of water in my future this week and a few stair climbs. I have not taken my blood sugar yet. Will drink lots of water for a couple of Days. No Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 am

Jolly, I hope the check up goes well. It does sound like you had a good time and didn't go crazy with the unhealthy stuff... Which is very easy to do on a cruise! It sounds like you had a lovely post Christmas celebration. I am glad you enjoyed it!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:47 am

Merry Blessed Sunday Christmas my friends!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:51 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Came home from the very relaxing Cruise to a drs notice. My next diabetes check is February 2. Why is it Always after we have been out having a good time. Good thing I did not have that hjortcheesecake (Swedish thing) I wanted or that alcoholic coffee drink.......I did have 2 non alcoholic fruit drinks that I am sure had at least some added sugar and a glass of non alcoholic wine (basically grape juice).......oh well, I see lots of water in my future this week and a few stair climbs. I have not taken my blood sugar yet. Will drink lots of water for a couple of Days. No Christmas fun!

I hear you my Christmas friend! Mine was two days after Thanksgiving -- oye! And the day after Easter is my next scheduled A1c. The not-so-merry life of a diabetic! :wink: Personally I have found eating oatmeal once a day does help when I indulge in fruit or juice [like now]. Your last test was better than you expected -- I remember that, but not the # -- so hoping you are in the normal range Your cruises sound like so much fun! Jolly!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:54 am

Today is fun-filled busyness. Church followed by lots of football and good finger foods. I am hoping my Cardinals win this one! Tomorrow is my sisters birthday soi great fun...........and cake. Why can't someone invent non-sugar non-caloric cake?!?! Maybe by next Christmas? :laugh:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:11 pm

We usually go out and eat after church but hubby had some things to do before the playoff games started so I grilled burgers and made homemade fries. We're rooting for the Broncos right now. Thankful for a sunshine filled 50 degree day. It lifts my Spirits just like Christmas does. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Go Broncos!

GO CARDS!!

It's almost as exciting as the build-up to Christmas. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:47 pm

What a fantastic game and great Denver win. Noel now if Arizona can pull off a victory we can look forward to an awesome Super Bowl. Good luck to your team Christmas friend. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:What a fantastic game and great Denver win. Noel now if Arizona can pull off a victory we can look forward to an awesome Super Bowl. Good luck to your team Christmas friend. :smilecc:

Bravo Broncos!

A great win CK. Now the Cards are floundering first quarter but hoping they come back next quarter. Oh interceptions!!! :| We need some Christmas wassail to calm our nerves.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Oh these turnovers. The Cardinals not looking so good.
Wait....
INTERCEPTION!!!! HUGE RUN BACK.

There may be hope.

And then maybe not. Interception by the Panthers.

We may need a Christmas size miracle.
:cry:

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:28 pm

So far the Cards game is a post-Christmas bummer. Let's hope they excel in the 2nd half. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 am

That was a tough Arizona loss. At least Carolina made it feel like Christmas for the kids they gave the footballs too. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:24 am

Had some sad news over the weekend. A good high school friend's father died. He was 91 so he had a good long life, 2 wives (my friend's mother died the year after we graduated), 4 kids, grandkids, etc plus the one's he inherited from his second wife. They were married 20 years. My parents were able to go to the visitation in my place. I was very Christmas grateful.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 am

Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:

I even remembered to wear my Rudolph socks today! Merry Christmas Monday! :rudolph1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:15 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter