Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Greetings Christmas friends,
for those of you praying for Roxanne and the Gloria family, Roxanne has now gone to be with the Lord. Please keep the family in prayers, particularly her daughter Brandy, as they grieve, make final arrangements, and try to settle Medical expenses. It was a short battle, but she fought hard. When they thought she had left them mentally, she was able to tell her sister Debra, her primary caretaker, and her mother, that she loved them. Please also pray for my friend Brenda as she makes decisions about the business and for her own livelihood to be taken care of. (bad English).
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:01 pm

My sympathies Jolly. God was so gracious to allow her to say goodbye to her mother & sister with her final breaths on earth. Prayers continue for you, family & Roxanne. You are a true Christmas spirit friend to each of them. Hugs. :angelsnow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Greetings Christmas friends,
for those of you praying for Roxanne and the Gloria family, Roxanne has now gone to be with the Lord. Please keep the family in prayers, particularly her daughter Brandy, as they grieve, make final arrangements, and try to settle Medical expenses. It was a short battle, but she fought hard. When they thought she had left them mentally, she was able to tell her sister Debra, her primary caretaker, and her mother, that she loved them. Please also pray for my friend Brenda as she makes decisions about the business and for her own livelihood to be taken care of. (bad English).

Praying for them all. God bless you Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:35 am

Merry Happy Monday Christmas!
Wishing all my Christmas friends a great start to a new week!
:D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:40 am

On our countdown to Christmas, we have the holiday of St. Patrick's Day this week. What are your special plans? If you're part Irish like this lass, it is a happy necessity!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:53 am

Saw this vintage Christmas figurine on a friend's Christmas Facebook page. Too Christmas cute! So I had to share............ :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:48 am

Merry Monday to one and all. Busy weekend and losing an hour of sleep has left this Christmas elf tired, but we are one day closer to Christmas so that makes it all the more happier of days. Had a doctors appointment this morning and was just about to get out of the car at the office when the doctors office called and said they had to cancel my appointment. I truly believe they seen me out there and wanted to have some fun with a patient. Anyway, having great Christmas thoughts today and hoping everyone is having a great day.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:06 am

Noel+ wrote:On our countdown to Christmas, we have the holiday of St. Patrick's Day this week. What are your special plans? If you're part Irish like this lass, it is a happy necessity!

http://i.rwpic.com/images/sirona/stpats.png

St Patrick's day is my birthday, so we are going on the Rum Cruise Friday and Saturday. It will be as much fun as Christmas. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:07 am

Merry Monday Christmas. We are winding down student evaluations, but have a busy week ahead. I am so looking forward to the cruise this weekend. Hubby got a Christmas present in the form of a good drs report. No immediate follow up surgery on his eye. Now we wait to see how long until they do the other eye. At this rate, I might have a whole new husband by Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Noel+ wrote:Saw this vintage Christmas figurine on a friend's Christmas Facebook page. Too Christmas cute! So I had to share............ :D

I like it. I could decorate the whole house with vintage Christmas decorations. But Michelle won't even let me have one. Oh well. Can't kill my Christmas spirit.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday Christmas. We are winding down student evaluations, but have a busy week ahead. I am so looking forward to the cruise this weekend. Hubby got a Christmas present in the form of a good drs report. No immediate follow up surgery on his eye. Now we wait to see how long until they do the other eye. At this rate, I might have a whole new husband by Christmas!

That's great news!
Perky 2.0 by Christmas.
Image :laugh:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday Christmas. We are winding down student evaluations, but have a busy week ahead. I am so looking forward to the cruise this weekend. Hubby got a Christmas present in the form of a good drs report. No immediate follow up surgery on his eye. Now we wait to see how long until they do the other eye. At this rate, I might have a whole new husband by Christmas!

That's great news!
Perky 2.0 by Christmas.
Image :laugh:

Perky: "You have cute (Christmas) friends." :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:49 pm

ksrjreed! It's so nice to hear from you again. You seem determined to keep the Christmas spirit all year long through the ups and downs of life. :D WIshing you a great day too.

And: it's National Potato Chip Day too. Yum.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:51 pm

St Patrick's day is my birthday, so we are going on the Rum Cruise Friday and Saturday. It will be as much fun as Christmas. :shop:

Yes, Jolly, I remember it is your birthday. And excited for you that you have a planned cruise for this weekend to celebrate. But please tell me you will indulge something chocolate or yummy on your actual birthday! Chocolate on your birthday is a almost as good as Christmas! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Thanks for sharing the good report about Perky's eye healing with us. Another answer to Christmas prayers. Wonderful joy! :jump:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:54 pm

I like it. I could decorate the whole house with vintage Christmas decorations. But Michelle won't even let me have one. Oh well. Can't kill my Christmas spirit.
Rich

Absolutely no Christmas killjoys! I too love vintage Christmas decorations -- but prefer more modern artificial trees. Just think vintage Christmas thoughts CC! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Yes, Jolly, I remember it is your birthday. And excited for you that you have a planned cruise for this weekend to celebrate. But please tell me you will indulge something chocolate or yummy on your actual birthday! Chocolate on your birthday is a almost as good as Christmas! :wink:

as a diabtic, I have to plan my fun. I am planning on enjoying myself on the Cruise. I can make it through Thursday. It is Swedish tradition that the birthday "Child" brings a treat, so I will pick up a "fika bread" for our admin meeting Thursday afternoon. What we don't eat, i'll just leave in the kitchen for the other Christmas elves to eat. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

as a diabtic, I have to plan my fun. I am planning on enjoying myself on the Cruise. I can make it through Thursday. It is Swedish tradition that the birthday "Child" brings a treat, so I will pick up a "fika bread" for our admin meeting Thursday afternoon. What we don't eat, i'll just leave in the kitchen for the other Christmas elves to eat. :dinner:

You're a sensible diabetic Jolly. I cheat on my birthday & Christmas. I deserve a guilt free treat twice a year. I admire your strength. :winked:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 pm

285 Days til Christmas!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:46 am

OH I cheat a lot on my diabetic diet, but trying to be good this week as I want both a bit of alcohol and a nice dessert on the cruise. It is a Rum Cruise after all even though Perky the Christmas elf will probably use most of the drink tickets. Zelma is getting the Christmas present of a vet visit on Monday. I doubt she will be as thrilled as Zoe. Zoe goes for haircuts, Zelma has a lump on her side. Praying it is nothing serious or too expensive. But, we love our cats.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter