Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:42 am

A little Christmas Kitty ditty this morning. :wink:

The other day I unpacked my nature's sound sleep machine and have been enjoying either the rain or meadow sounds at night. Last night I played the soft bird songs. My cat spent the night stalking the bed, covers, us and anything else she thought was a bird! We named her Snowbelle because we got her one Christmas almost a decade ago. She always gives me Christmas giggles!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Noel+ wrote:A little Christmas Kitty ditty this morning. :wink:

The other day I unpacked my nature's sound sleep machine and have been enjoying either the rain or meadow sounds at night. Last night I played the soft bird songs. My cat spent the night stalking the bed, covers, us and anything else she thought was a bird! We named her Snowbelle because we got her one Christmas almost a decade ago. She always gives me Christmas giggles!

Oh, that's a good one. Too Christmas funny!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Noel+ wrote:A little Christmas Kitty ditty this morning. :wink:

Cute story! Love your Christmas kitty! :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Still using Charlie Brown Christmas stamps. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:03 pm

CandyKane wrote:Still using Charlie Brown Christmas stamps. :smilecc:

Me too. Sent out birthday cards and bills with Charlie Brown Christmas stamps on them.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Still using Charlie Brown Christmas stamps. :smilecc:

Me too. Sent out birthday cards and bills with Charlie Brown Christmas stamps on them.

That makes 3 of us! A little Christmas cheer even paying taxes. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:18 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 261 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 am

I guess it's the state of this crazy world that brought this classic Christmas cartoon to mind. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNBadjq-nXk May we all find our Peace on Earth! :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:49 am

CandyKane wrote:I guess it's the state of this crazy world that brought this classic Christmas cartoon to mind. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNBadjq-nXk May we all find our Peace on Earth! :nav2:

Thank you CandyKane for posting this Christmas cartoon. I have never seen this one before. There is a bittersweet theme but the truth is Christmas in our hearts transcends war with peace.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:53 am

Merry SNOWfun Friday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Happy Friday to one and all.

Question: Has anyone come up with plans for Leon day or will you plan something special for Leon day.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:29 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Happy Friday to one and all.

Question: Has anyone come up with plans for Leon day or will you plan something special for Leon day.

Honestly I had no idea what this was and had to look it up :think: . It marks the halfway point to Christmas right? I've never done anything special to celebrate it. What are you planning ksrjreed?

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:28 am

I'm reading a book that's set in the 1940s and 50s. I got to the part where they were describing one Christmas. Going to the tree lot with the family then going to the stores to look at the window displays. What a wonder it must have seen these beautiful displays filled with tin toys and train sets. I can close my eyes and imagine. :snowhappy2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Jolly often mentions Leon Day. We remark about it & celebrate Christmas in July. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:59 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm reading a book that's set in the 1940s and 50s. I got to the part where they were describing one Christmas. Going to the tree lot with the family then going to the stores to look at the window displays. What a wonder it must have seen these beautiful displays filled with tin toys and train sets. I can close my eyes and imagine. :snowhappy2:

Just reading your description of the book makes me remember Christmas past. Simpler times....less commercial....something we strive for now each year. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm the sole celebrator in my family. So I will quietly celebrate in my own "little" way. Maybe watch a Christmas movie in the bedroom.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:14 pm

This morning I watched the Hallmark Original Christmas movie Let It Snow. It is quickly becoming my most favorite Christmas movie with all the traditions and attention to details they put into sharing Christmas with everyone at their lodge. I would love to go to a place like that some Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:This morning I watched the Hallmark Original Christmas movie Let It Snow. It is quickly becoming my most favorite Christmas movie with all the traditions and attention to details they put into sharing Christmas with everyone at their lodge. I would love to go to a place like that some Christmas.

It would be a perfect retirement job of Christmas love! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:55 pm

ksrjreed:

[color=#4040BF]In the United States, Leon Day is the halfway mark to Christmas. Leon is Noel spelled backwards. It is celebrated on June 25th, i.e. the turning point when Christmas begins to come closer on the calendar. It is exactly six months before Christmas day. /color]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter