Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Pretjah wrote:said news Doris Roberts the actress that played Clark's Mother in Law in Christmas Vacation passed away yesterday.

That is sad news. I too will always remember her as Mrs. Miracle. She will be forever tied to Christmas in my heart.
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Noel+ wrote:Wow, Christmas Crazy! I'd be stocking up on Christmas items if I found a clearance shelf at a major department store! Hope you did the same. :wink:

I looked thru the entire Christmas selection but found nothing worth buying. I was bummed.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Woohoo! There's a new Fannie Flagg book coming out this Fall. Love, love, love her! This is an awesome early Christmas gift. :santagifts:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Noel+ wrote:There are 2 cute cats in 9 Lives of Christmas. We really like the movie & hope you find it on Feeln.

Sweet Zelma wants to be free again.

Yes, she does, but she has to wait at least until tomorrow evening for a short reprieve (sp). It's as hard as waiting to open presents on Christmas morning. We have to be strong for her. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Merry Whacky Wednesday Christmas!!!
:snowjump:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 pm

CandyKane wrote:Woohoo! There's a new Fannie Flagg book coming out this Fall. Love, love, love her! This is an awesome early Christmas gift. :santagifts:

That's a good Christmas present from me to me! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!
and Sister's Day out!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 pm

HAPPY Sister's Day. My sister will be here in an hour. Then we are chatting, going out to lunch and to see The Jungle Book. She's so cute -- always embarrassed at seeing a "Disney" movie. So I go with her because I adore Disney movies! It's almost like pre-Christmas Sister days! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:39 pm

CandyKane wrote:Woohoo! There's a new Fannie Flagg book coming out this Fall. Love, love, love her! This is an awesome early Christmas gift. :santagifts:

Red Bird Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas books. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:30 am

Noel+ wrote:HAPPY Sister's Day. My sister will be here in an hour. Then we are chatting, going out to lunch and to see The Jungle Book. She's so cute -- always embarrassed at seeing a "Disney" movie. So I go with her because I adore Disney movies! It's almost like pre-Christmas Sister days! :smilecc:

That sounds like a fabulous day! How was the Jungle Book? It looks like an awesome movie. The one Disney movie I can't wait to see is Finding Dory. Wonder what new Christmas movies will come out this year? :think:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 am

ksrjreed wrote:

Red Bird Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas books. :smilecc:

Mine too! It was the first book of hers that I read. I believe Mrs Claus was the one who recommended it on the Christmas reading thread. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:08 am

Happy Thursday to one and all,

Day off so it is house cleaning and laundry here. I have my Christmas music playing and just going along with it all. We are getting ready for Santa to deliver a couple of gifts for Autism Christmas this Saturday. Hope everyone has a great day! :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:05 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Happy Thursday to one and all,

Day off so it is house cleaning and laundry here. I have my Christmas music playing and just going along with it all. We are getting ready for Santa to deliver a couple of gifts for Autism Christmas this Saturday. Hope everyone has a great day! :smilecc:

Happy Autism Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:03 pm

Have a wonderful Christmas celebration! Is this something Nationwide or just in your household? My cousin's oldest has autism but he has never mentioned it. They don't even do Christmas in July. But like you, they start decroating slowly in September, a few Changes at a time. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:18 am

That sounds like a fabulous day! How was the Jungle Book? It looks like an awesome movie. The one Disney movie I can't wait to see is Finding Dory. Wonder what new Christmas movies will come out this year? :think

Candy Kane, The Jungle Book is a beautifully translated movie from the book. I always loved Rudyard Kipling's children stories. The animals look real though CGI. The story follows the familiar path and characters are easily recognzale. I knew I would miss the "Bare Necessities" song -- and I did -- but other than that it is beautiful. My sister & I added it to our Christmas wish list. :wink:

We also saw a preview of "Finding Dory". It was designed for children.........but I am looking forward to this movie too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:23 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Happy Autism Christmas!!!

Merry Autism Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:25 am

Merry Friday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 am

It is date night tonight and we're going to see The hntsman. It's almost like pre-Christmas joy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:43 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Working at home today. Almost as peaceful as Christmas morning. Zelma is avoiding me. Probably afraid I will put the cone back on her.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter