Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:52 am

I needed a liquid hand soap in one of my guest baths so I dug in my supply closet and found a Twisted Peppermint that I got at Christmas. I love peppermint.....all year round. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:09 am

Absolutely nothing Christmas related to this post. Just a really great version of a song by a really great artist. Chris Stapleton pays tribute to Prince.
http://www.onecountry.com/chris-staplet ... 63414.html :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:43 pm

CandyKane wrote:I needed a liquid hand soap in one of my guest baths so I dug in my supply closet and found a Twisted Peppermint that I got at Christmas. I love peppermint.....all year round. :smilecc:

Peppermint is such a bright & cheery aroma all year long. Of course it does make me break out in Christmas tunes too. :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:44 pm

CandyKane wrote:Absolutely nothing Christmas related to this post. Just a really great version of a song by a really great artist. Chris Stapleton pays tribute to Prince.
http://www.onecountry.com/chris-staplet ... 63414.html :D

A nice tribute CandyKane. Christmas thanks. :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:16 pm

CandyKane wrote:I needed a liquid hand soap in one of my guest baths so I dug in my supply closet and found a Twisted Peppermint that I got at Christmas. I love peppermint.....all year round. :smilecc:

I have that soap under the sink in the bathroom. It came from Bath and Body Works. I only bring it out at Christmas time.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello to all you CAYer's

Been an interesting day for the Mrs. ksrjreed today, our youngest was playing in his Challenger League baseball game last night when we noticed that his eye was swelling up like he was having an allergy attack (we have already been through this twice this Spring), well come to find out we believe we stopped an pink eye attack before it could start. So my wife has been home all day with a 12 year old autistic boy that doesn't like letting daddy out of his sights so the wife had to answer the question, "Where's daddy?" at least 50 times before I got home from work today.

Now, with that story that isn't even the best part of last night, on our way to the baseball game I lost the transmission in my Ford Windstar, I knew something was up when I got on the highway and it had its smoothest ride I have ever had in it. I thought I was getting a nice Christmas surprise but instead I got coal in my stocking. I am taking it all in stride though, no need to get upset. I still have wheels, my wife has her van and I have my car that the oldest was driving until she went away to Ohio State University, funny thing is I have been telling her to come and get the car because if she didn't want it then I was going to sell it. I would have never thought that her procrastination would actually benefit me. All I can say is God is good and when he closes one door he is sure to open another.

Now, everyone can get back to their celebrating the spirit of Christmas! :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:47 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to all you CAYer's

Been an interesting day for the Mrs. ksrjreed today, our youngest was playing in his Challenger League baseball game last night when we noticed that his eye was swelling up like he was having an allergy attack (we have already been through this twice this Spring), well come to find out we believe we stopped an pink eye attack before it could start. So my wife has been home all day with a 12 year old autistic boy that doesn't like letting daddy out of his sights so the wife had to answer the question, "Where's daddy?" at least 50 times before I got home from work today.

Now, with that story that isn't even the best part of last night, on our way to the baseball game I lost the transmission in my Ford Windstar, I knew something was up when I got on the highway and it had its smoothest ride I have ever had in it. I thought I was getting a nice Christmas surprise but instead I got coal in my stocking. I am taking it all in stride though, no need to get upset. I still have wheels, my wife has her van and I have my car that the oldest was driving until she went away to Ohio State University, funny thing is I have been telling her to come and get the car because if she didn't want it then I was going to sell it. I would have never thought that her procrastination would actually benefit me. All I can say is God is good and when he closes one door he is sure to open another.

Now, everyone can get back to their celebrating the spirit of Christmas! :smilecc:

Sorry for all your troubles ksrjreed, but I love your positive attitude! You are keeping the joy of Christmas shining bright. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

Woke up at 3:30 to the worst of the storm. Crazy lightening and thunder and hail. Thankfully the wind didn't get too bad. And we can always use the rain. I know a lot of folks are still in danger of bad weather today. Wishing all my Christmas friends a calm and sunshiny day. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:18 pm

ksrjreed My friend you display true Christmas patience & joy during trying circumstances! I admire your Christmas heart. Blessings.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:20 pm

CandyKane Wishing you a peaceful nights sleep tonight filled with Christmas dreams. :whistle:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:24 am

Noel+ wrote:ksrjreed My friend you display true Christmas patience & joy during trying circumstances! I admire your Christmas heart. Blessings.

So sorry for the trouble. HOpe you and your family had an awesome Autism Christmas. We have been waiting for a report like kids waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:25 am

Had a bit of snow again today. Perky said it would not stick but turn into post Christmas slush. Supposed to be warmer for Valborg. We shall see.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Christmas already feels years away in this heat, but in my heart it is strong & singing! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:32 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Valborg weekend in Sweden. Time for bon fires, choirs, and students get their "student caps" today. It is also the king's 70th birthday. Weather supposed to be better. I want to stay home and watch the royal celebration on TV, but not sure what Perky wants. It's still his birthday month for one more day, so he gets have the final say. Hopefully the royal celebration will be archived for at least a few days.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:06 am

MERRY FESTIVE FRIDAY CHRISTMAS!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:28 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! Valborg weekend in Sweden. Time for bon fires, choirs, and students get their "student caps" today. It is also the king's 70th birthday. Weather supposed to be better. I want to stay home and watch the royal celebration on TV, but not sure what Perky wants. It's still his birthday month for one more day, so he gets have the final say. Hopefully the royal celebration will be archived for at least a few days.

Enjoy your Valborg weekend with elf Perky. Hope is last birthday celebration is almost as good as Christmas Eve! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:34 am

Yesterday was the last day for our church's after school program. The lady who runs the program bought all of the kids gifts. I swear for some of those kiddos you would have thought it was Christmas. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:38 pm

CandyKane wrote:Yesterday was the last day for our church's after school program. The lady who runs the program bought all of the kids gifts. I swear for some of those kiddos you would have thought it was Christmas. :santagifts:

Oh that lady has a heart of Christmas joy. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 01, 2016 7:54 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 01, 2016 7:56 am

Merry Blessed Sunday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter