Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Hobby Lobby is starting to look a little like Christmas!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:08 pm

Hobby Lobby is starting to look a little like Christmas!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:19 pm

In the Hobby Lobby picture below, all the toes of the Christmas stockings are pointing to the right.
That got me thinking of our stockings (pictured below). And they all point to the right when hung on the mantle.
Is that some sort of tradition or just a coincidence?

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hobby Lobby is starting to look a little like Christmas!

CHRISTMAS AWESOME!!! :santagifts:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:In the Hobby Lobby picture below, all the toes of the Christmas stockings are pointing to the right.
That got me thinking of our stockings (pictured below). And they all point to the right when hung on the mantle.

Store bought stockings usually point right. Our homemade stockings have men's pointed left and women's pointed right. That is my Christmas stocking experience. :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:56 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Not sure who you received the pm from but Auntie has been my Facebook friend for many years. Perhaps they had gotten her confused with another Christmas friend Snowberry who did indeed pass away. She too was a sweet Facebook friend. She was always so cheery and ended most posts with Snowberry...who loves Jesus. :holly1:

Does Auntie still have her own Christmas forum operating? I know she wanted to start a blog and her own forum at one time. This is the only Christmas forum I participate in and now I wish I had checked out the news of her passing better. Ah, well, it makes my day joyous to know she is planning another Christmas celebration. Please tell her I said hello and miss her sweet spirit. :D

If she has her own Christmas blog or forum then I must have missed it. I'm a member of several different sites but post the most here. It's my Christmas home. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:58 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hobby Lobby is starting to look a little like Christmas!

Thanks for these pics. Now I think a special trip to Hobby Lobby is needed for some Christmas inspiration. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:In the Hobby Lobby picture below, all the toes of the Christmas stockings are pointing to the right.

I've seen them pointed both ways. Mine are pointed to the right. They are personalized and have to be pointed that way for the Christmas designs to be seen. I don't know if I've seen any in the stores that are designed to be pointed to the left. Someday I'm gonna replace our stockings with the 'elf pants' ones. :elfgrin: :elf: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:32 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Anyone else working on Christmas crafts? I want a new wreath for our front door this Christmas? When Michael's & Hobby Lobby display 2016 items I plan on stocking up to create a new lighted wreath. :D

I want to make a decorated Christmas garland for on top of the entertainment center. Michelle doesn't want it. But if I make it maybe she'll like it. :D

You could always make it and use it somewhere else. We put Christmas garland around the door frames. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:A friend of mine wants me to dye my hair half red and half green for our Christmas in July dinner! I'm just Christmas Crazy enough to do it! LOL! 8-)

Do it! Do it! Do it! You would be so Christmas cool! :smilecc:

Be sure to post those Christmas in July pics. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 am

Noel+ wrote:QVC celebrates Christmas in July the entire month of July. Every night before bed I enjoy looking at their decorated sets. :D

Oh so glad to know that. I never buy anything here at the North Pole but it's fun to watch and if it is all month, I don't drive Perky crazy watching it all night long in bed. Though I must admit, I miss making it am "event". Had a friend that would take off 24-26 July as part of her vacation and we would have an old fashioned slumber party.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:58 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Does your local radio station play Christmas in July music each summer? Mine does not..........but back home in small towns they do just that. :singing:

No Christmas in July music here. Bummer.

Not at the North Pole and not in SA that I know of, but we play it at home all week. I have found YouTube clips of the weather station where some years they have played it. I renewed Feeln so now I have to check for new Christmas in July movies.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 am

I have ordered from QVC one time. It was an item from their Christmas in July toy special. I think it's been played with once. :| I love watching their Christmas specials though. :P

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:04 am

We made some homemade peppermint air freshener yesterday, My whole house still smells like Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:06 am

With high temps in the 90s and a heat index of 105 today I'm thinking cool Christmas thoughts. :snowwow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Anyone else working on Christmas crafts? I want a new wreath for our front door this Christmas? When Michael's & Hobby Lobby display 2016 items I plan on stocking up to create a new lighted wreath. :D

I want to make a decorated Christmas garland for on top of the entertainment center. Michelle doesn't want it. But if I make it maybe she'll like it. :D

You could always make it and use it somewhere else. We put Christmas garland around the door frames. :scene:

True. Christmas decorations anywhere are good.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC celebrates Christmas in July the entire month of July. Every night before bed I enjoy looking at their decorated sets. :D

Oh so glad to know that. I never buy anything here at the North Pole but it's fun to watch and if it is all month, I don't drive Perky crazy watching it all night long in bed. Though I must admit, I miss making it am "event". Had a friend that would take off 24-26 July as part of her vacation and we would have an old fashioned slumber party.

That sounds like Christmas fun!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:17 pm

CandyKane wrote:We made some homemade peppermint air freshener yesterday, My whole house still smells like Christmas. :smilecc:

I bet that smells Christmas wonderful! :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:20 pm

CandyKane wrote:With high temps in the 90s and a heat index of 105 today I'm thinking cool Christmas thoughts. :snowwow:

Looking at our long range forecast, it looks like Christmas in July may be a hot one.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:20 pm

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!!!
:snowhouse:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter