Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC celebrates Christmas in July the entire month of July. Every night before bed I enjoy looking at their decorated sets. :D

Oh so glad to know that. I never buy anything here at the North Pole but it's fun to watch and if it is all month, I don't drive Perky crazy watching it all night long in bed. Though I must admit, I miss making it am "event". Had a friend that would take off 24-26 July as part of her vacation and we would have an old fashioned slumber party.

Yes, the 'good ole days' when QVC celebrated the actual weekend/days of Christmas in July. I used to take vacation off too. I have shopped during the celebration because it is their best sale of Christmas trees, wreaths & garlands to decorate. Mine have lasted over a decade. And this year? I need a new garland with LED lights this time. :think:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 pm

CandyKane wrote:I have ordered from QVC one time. It was an item from their Christmas in July toy special. I think it's been played with once. :| I love watching their Christmas specials though. :P

Oh, what delicioius Christmas aroma! Now I am in the mood for a royal pine or balsam. Thanks for a great idea CK!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Wishing all my Christmas friends a great day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:With high temps in the 90s and a heat index of 105 today I'm thinking cool Christmas thoughts. :snowwow:

]We are headed to 120F this weekend with an average of 115-118 next week. This time of year it feels as if a cool breeze is a distant dream. That doesn't stop me frm dreaming of a White Christmas though, THINK SNOW! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:47 pm

1205 Christmas posts!!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:58 pm

I LOVE seeing this flurry of activity on this thread. I'm hoping more Christmas friends find us and join in. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:06 am

CandyKane wrote:I LOVE seeing this flurry of activity on this thread. I'm hoping more Christmas friends find us and join in. :smilecc:

I second that Christmas emotion!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:22 am

Merry Tannenbaum Thursday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 am

Good Morning Christmas Elves! It's 4:24am and I am ready to head out for work in a few minutes. Just wanted to wish you each a super Thursday. Hope you are making great plans for a Christmasy weekend!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:27 am

I am listening to tunes from Polar Express to keep my Christmas spirits high. A girl has to keep her elf shoes polished and her attitude cheerful! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:32 am

It's getting closer each day to Christmas in July!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:37 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC celebrates Christmas in July the entire month of July. Every night before bed I enjoy looking at their decorated sets. :D

Oh so glad to know that. I never buy anything here at the North Pole but it's fun to watch and if it is all month, I don't drive Perky crazy watching it all night long in bed. Though I must admit, I miss making it am "event". Had a friend that would take off 24-26 July as part of her vacation and we would have an old fashioned slumber party.

Yes, the 'good ole days' when QVC celebrated the actual weekend/days of Christmas in July. I used to take vacation off too. I have shopped during the celebration because it is their best sale of Christmas trees, wreaths & garlands to decorate. Mine have lasted over a decade. And this year? I need a new garland with LED lights this time. :think:

Is their Christmas garland good quality? I've never bought from QVC before and don't know if they have good stuff. I like to touch and feel before I buy.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:With high temps in the 90s and a heat index of 105 today I'm thinking cool Christmas thoughts. :snowwow:

]We are headed to 120F this weekend with an average of 115-118 next week. This time of year it feels as if a cool breeze is a distant dream. That doesn't stop me frm dreaming of a White Christmas though, THINK SNOW! :snowwow:

When the temperatures get this high it seems like Christmas snow will never be possible again. :|
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 am

CandyKane wrote:I LOVE seeing this flurry of activity on this thread. I'm hoping more Christmas friends find us and join in. :smilecc:

Hopefully Christmas in July will bring them back. I miss them.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:44 am

Noel+ wrote:Good Morning Christmas Elves! It's 4:24am and I am ready to head out for work in a few minutes. Just wanted to wish you each a super Thursday. Hope you are making great plans for a Christmasy weekend!

Good morning Noel!
I love your Christmas Spirit today. Have a blessed day!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 am

Noel+ wrote:I am listening to tunes from Polar Express to keep my Christmas spirits high. A girl has to keep her elf shoes polished and her attitude cheerful! :wink:

I will soon be dawning the headphones filled with Christmas music and focus on my project at work.
:sing:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:51 am

Noel+ wrote:It's getting closer each day to Christmas in July!

39 Days till Christmas in July!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:25 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Looking at our long range forecast, it looks like Christmas in July may be a hot one.[/quote

I am trying not to think of that. Some years we make all these plans for Christmas in July and it turns out too hot to do anything but lay in bed and spray each other with water guns...you think I am joking..... :P
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter