Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I LOVE seeing this flurry of activity on this thread. I'm hoping more Christmas friends find us and join in. :smilecc:

Hopefully Christmas in July will bring them back. I miss them.

We usually pick up a bit during Christmas in July. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC celebrates Christmas in July the entire month of July. Every night before bed I enjoy looking at their decorated sets. :D

Oh so glad to know that. I never buy anything here at the North Pole but it's fun to watch and if it is all month, I don't drive Perky crazy watching it all night long in bed. Though I must admit, I miss making it am "event". Had a friend that would take off 24-26 July as part of her vacation and we would have an old fashioned slumber party.

Yes, the 'good ole days' when QVC celebrated the actual weekend/days of Christmas in July. I used to take vacation off too. I have shopped during the celebration because it is their best sale of Christmas trees, wreaths & garlands to decorate. Mine have lasted over a decade. And this year? I need a new garland with LED lights this time. :think:

Sounds too Christmas fun. Have not been to their website yet.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:28 pm

9 Days Till Leon Day!
a.k.a. Half Chirstmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:12 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:9 Days Till Leon Day!
a.k.a. Half Chirstmas.

Half Christmas falls on Midsummer day here. Have to remember to pick up some hazelnut coffee and muffins. Or we could always toast the day with cider and strawberries!

Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:09 am

I've discovered something fun. :D Watching random TV series Christmas episodes on Netflix. I love the variety of some I haven't seen. And some I haven't seen in a long time. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 am

Yesterday was unbelievably hot. The heat index went between 105 and 110. This is end of July and August heat for us. Getting a little relief this morning with clouds from nearby thunderstorms. Bring on the Christmas cool. :snowwow:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:34 am

[quote="CandyKane"]I've discovered something fun. :D Watching random TV series Christmas episodes on Netflix. I love the variety of some I haven't seen. And some I haven't seen in a long time. :smilecc:[/quote

Oh yes, Good Times, The Jeffersons, and Amen are among my favorite YouTube Christmas eps. How do you search for them on Netflix? Our Netflix Nordic search engine is awful.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:18 pm

CandyKane wrote:I've discovered something fun. :D Watching random TV series Christmas episodes on Netflix. I love the variety of some I haven't seen. And some I haven't seen in a long time. :smilecc:

Sounds like Christmasy fun!!! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:19 pm

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 191 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:25 pm

CandyKane wrote:Yesterday was unbelievably hot. The heat index went between 105 and 110. This is end of July and August heat for us. Getting a little relief this morning with clouds from nearby thunderstorms. Bring on the Christmas cool. :snowwow:

Right now it's 96 with an index of 106. Too hot for Christmas here too.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Merry Frosty Friday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:27 pm

Tomorrow Michelle and I are heading to Madison, GA for some shopping. Well, she'll shop and I will check out the antique stores. Who knows, maybe I'll find myself a Christmas present. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Tomorrow Michelle and I are heading to Madison, GA for some shopping. Well, she'll shop and I will check out the antique stores. Who knows, maybe I'll find myself a Christmas present. :elfgrin:

sounds too Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:21 pm

Name your favorite non-Christmas staycation Movies: one of mine is North by Northwest, as a treat I have recently discovered alot of the old Wonderful World of Disney films on YouTube.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:51 pm

I was just looking at the Hallmark Christmas in July lineup. I was happy to see A Boyfriend for Christmas there. It is getting pretty "old" now, but was one of my first favorite "modern" classics. I love Christmas in July but it seems more and more those that celebrate it, celebrate for the whole month. To me, that's too much. We decided a few year's ago that one week was enough of a taste of Christmas. I Think if I were in the US, I would record all the great Hallmark shows and Watch them later in the month. I was even browsing some Australian sites where some now complain that "Yulefest" lasts from June -August. hm..........I guess that means I do Think about it earlier.......oh well, guilty as charged. Christmas sigh..........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:58 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:9 Days Till Leon Day!
a.k.a. Half Chirstmas.

Half Christmas falls on Midsummer day here. Have to remember to pick up some hazelnut coffee and muffins. Or we could always toast the day with cider and strawberries!

Merry Friday Christmas!

Just love the idea of cider & strawberries on pre-Christmas Leon Day! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:00 pm

CandyKane wrote:I've discovered something fun. :D Watching random TV series Christmas episodes on Netflix. I love the variety of some I haven't seen. And some I haven't seen in a long time. :smilecc:

Now tht's a clever & creative idea in the middle of hot summer to keep Christmas spirits joyful! :snowhappy2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:02 pm

CandyKane wrote:Yesterday was unbelievably hot. The heat index went between 105 and 110. This is end of July and August heat for us. Getting a little relief this morning with clouds from nearby thunderstorms. Bring on the Christmas cool. :snowwow:

We have 3 weather advisories for the next 10 days: excessive record-breaking heat, highest pollen count and severe dust storms. I am dreading this horrible weather. Like you, CC, we usually don't have these warnings til monsoon in late July or August. They're now predicting it will last til September. I need to move to the North Pole -- and before Christmas!! :| Image

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Tomorrow Michelle and I are heading to Madison, GA for some shopping. Well, she'll shop and I will check out the antique stores. Who knows, maybe I'll find myself a Christmas present. :elfgrin:

Enjoy your pre-Christmas shopping spree! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Name your favorite non-Christmas staycation Movies: one of mine is North by Northwest, as a treat I have recently discovered alot of the old Wonderful World of Disney films on YouTube.

Oh, that's easy for me: The Chronicles of Narnia. Yes, all 3 movies. But Lion Witch & Wardrobe is set in frozen snowland Narnia and that makes me Christmas happy! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter