QotM: Global Living

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

QotM: Global Living

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:23 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: QotM: Global Living

Postby Winterself » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 pm

oh I'd like to go to Alaska someday....
but for fantasy..id like to the north pole..lol..i want to live with santa and be one of his elves.. :elf:
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I have no particular state or country in mind, BUT there are 2 options that delight my soul!

1. A farm in green remote wooded areas with 4 seasons! And SNOW at Christmas!

3. The high-pine forest, near brook or stream, in a deep wood where 4 seasons, especially SNOW! fill my senses!

Anyone have a free one - I'll take either option! So far Santa hasnt been left this gift for me.......yet!!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:33 pm

:jump: I'm happy in Canada! Yeppers!

Moving is always an option, but until I find a place that really feels like home, I'm content where I am. However, my dream option would be a beautiful cedar log home in a mountain with safe roads to get around so I'm not stuck there forever and if it had a stream nearby that would be perfect. If I could have a few horses, that would top it off!

If I wasn't going to live in Canada, I would consider Southern Ireland, but I wouldn't want to live there forever.
Northern Auntie Mistletoe Image
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 am

On that side of the Atlantic, Vancouver Island. On this side, the south of France. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 am

I can never pick just one place. But if I could remove any poisonous bugs and dangerous creatures - Australia is my first pick and then if I could remove riots Paris. With a tame Scotland coming in third.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Mrs C you need to package that 'remover' for worldwide use! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Noel+ wrote:Mrs C you need to package that 'remover' for worldwide use! :wink:

Guess I'm just used to living up here in Canada where most wild and poisonous creatures don't come anywhere near you and where we're quite passive and non-violent. :wink:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jodie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:I can never pick just one place. But if I could remove any poisonous bugs and dangerous creatures - Australia is my first pick and then if I could remove riots Paris. With a tame Scotland coming in third.

Most of the bugs and creatures are in the bush - so you would be pretty safe in suburbia...

I think I pick Australia too - I love our country. It has such diversity in living conditions and really is a beautiful country. The places I would like to live here are Tasmania (a tiny state that is separated from the mainland and still has pristine wilderness areas that remain protected from mans influence). Then Canberra (where we are now) - it is the Captial City of Australia and it is known as the bush capital because even though you have all the convenience of a city, with only 350,000 people it is not over populated like Sydney or Melbourne.

As far as state capitals go:
I would never live in Sydney but would consider Melbourne. I understand that Perth is beautiful but have not been there yet...

There is also Darwin, up the top of the country and Brisbane in QLD, Adelaide in South Australia too - would like to spend some time in each but time and pennies don't allow us to do it all.

I am still saving for a trip to Canada and the US -but have decided to do an around the world trip (it works out to be better value for money) and stop in London - with a quick trip to France, then onto Canada, the USA and back to Singapore etc... I think I will be saving for a while...

Jodie
Toy Maker

Return to Holiday Chatter