Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:35 am

[Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:06 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I was walking thru the house tonight and it was very dark. Couldn't see a thing.
I wish we still had Christmas lights on in the house.

:blinky1:

That's one reason why I loved battery-operated candles in the spring/summer. Light but no heat or fire danger. It's a little Christmas glow when it seems far far away. :wink:

Strangely that is not a problem here at the top of the World. Santa's North Pole Christmas home is lit 24 hours a day.........we have black out curtains, but even so, enough light gets into to make it tough to sleep at night.
:sleephat:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I was walking thru the house tonight and it was very dark. Couldn't see a thing.
I wish we still had Christmas lights on in the house.

:blinky1:

That's one reason why I loved battery-operated candles in the spring/summer. Light but no heat or fire danger. It's a little Christmas glow when it seems far far away. :wink:

Strangely that is not a problem here at the top of the World. Santa's North Pole Christmas home is lit 24 hours a day.........we have black out curtains, but even so, enough light gets into to make it tough to sleep at night.
:sleephat:

That would be horrible. I am too used to total darkness while I sleep. :sleephat:
Speaking of sleeping, 185 sleeps till Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

We are heading to the beach this weekend. I'm going to wear my Charlie Brown Christmas t-shirt on Saturday (a.k.a. Leon Day).
That'll turn some heads. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We are heading to the beach this weekend. I'm going to wear my Charlie Brown Christmas t-shirt on Saturday (a.k.a. Leon Day).

How about a picture for our Christmas albums? :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:We are heading to the beach this weekend. I'm going to wear my Charlie Brown Christmas t-shirt on Saturday (a.k.a. Leon Day).

How about a picture for our Christmas albums? :wink:

I think we can make that happen my Christmas friend. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:33 am

scrambling trying to make food for a midsummer picnic after making a last minute decision to go. Christmas Crazy should not give Perky ideas. I can see him wearing his Santa Hawaiian shirt to Midsummer Church service tomorrow.........

Bought a mini muffin cake to split for our Half Christmas fika tomorrow.

Glad Midsommar!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:00 am

back from the Community midsummer celebration. Had a nice picnic with Perky prepared in record time. Got to see the Midsummer pole raised. Reminded me of a Christmas tree. Some Swedes refer to midsummer as a "summer christmas" because families get together and often Exchange gifts if they were not able to do so at Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:back from the Community midsummer celebration. Had a nice picnic with Perky prepared in record time. Got to see the Midsummer pole raised. Reminded me of a Christmas tree. Some Swedes refer to midsummer as a "summer christmas" because families get together and often Exchange gifts if they were not able to do so at Christmas.

Jolly, so very glad your midsummer picnic was relaxing and fun. Not to mention a reminder of Swedish Christmas! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:42 am

Merry FaLaLa Friday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:43 am

At 4:15am I awoke to a blast of sunshine through the edges of our blackout drapes and high heat. These 90F morning lows are a Christmas bummer. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:45 am

Last night I waned to watch Hallmark's A Dog Named Christmas. On youtube the posting was removed? They had 3 copies posted of a Dog Named Tucker but each of those was a 4-way split half screen? Christmas gremlins?!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:40 am

Noel+ wrote:At 4:15am I awoke to a blast of sunshine through the edges of our blackout drapes and high heat. These 90F morning lows are a Christmas bummer. :oops:

I know the non Christmas feeling. Happens to be around 2:30 a.m. Praise God we are now on the other side of the calendar and Christmas is coming soon!

I just finished a cute Christmas Movie called Dashing Through the Snow. I thought i had Heard it as an audio book but must have it mixed up with some other Chritmas audio book. It was cute. Have to Watch it again as I was cooking and doing dishes at the same time.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:41 am

Perky keeps asking me if there are any "half christmas" Movies.....I said no, it is still too new. I watched the Noël cartoon on youtube at work yesterday, that is the closest thing to Leon day there is.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky keeps asking me if there are any "half christmas" Movies.....I said no, it is still too new. I watched the Noël cartoon on youtube at work yesterday, that is the closest thing to Leon day there is.

GIGGLING....we just watched Noel for Leon Day. Rickman is also Christmas cute. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:42 pm

We are leaving for a 36 hrs trip to the cooler north. There are 2 forest fires so we hope our rental is secure. Sunday my sister and family are meeting us to see Independence Day Resugence and dinner. As I am not taking electronics there will be no posts until late Sunday at earliest. Wishing my Christmas friends a happy weekend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:36 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky keeps asking me if there are any "half christmas" Movies.....I said no, it is still too new. I watched the Noël cartoon on youtube at work yesterday, that is the closest thing to Leon day there is.

GIGGLING....we just watched Noel for Leon Day. Rickman is also Christmas cute. :smilecc:

Rickman? Is this a regular Christmas movie with Kristi McNichols??. I thought there was something in the back of my head about that. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:01 am

Noel+ wrote:We are leaving for a 36 hrs trip to the cooler north. There are 2 forest fires so we hope our rental is secure. Sunday my sister and family are meeting us to see Independence Day Resugence and dinner. As I am not taking electronics there will be no posts until late Sunday at earliest. Wishing my Christmas friends a happy weekend. :D

Merry Half Christmas! Enjoy your cyber free peaceful weekend!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:02 am

Turns out Perky thought Half Christmas was yesterday, the 24th (a Swedish thing "Christmas" is the 24th, the 25th is just an add on). So,I asked him if he celebrates Half Christmas on the 24th and I celebrate half chrismas on th 25th, does that make it a whole Christmas?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter