Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!!!
:snowhouse:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 pm

I got a card in the mail today and it was stamped with a Charlie Brown Christmas stamp. Made my day!! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 pm

CandyKane wrote:I got a card in the mail today and it was stamped with a Charlie Brown Christmas stamp. Made my day!! :smilecc:

A nice reminder of the Christmas season that will soon be here. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:14 pm

CandyKane wrote:I got a card in the mail today and it was stamped with a Charlie Brown Christmas stamp. Made my day!! :smilecc:

Good! I am still using my Cb Christmas stamps! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:179 Days Till Christmas!
It won't be long now.

:penny:

Doing the Christmas happy dance!! :snowdance: :snowdance:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Watched Santa Baby 2 last night for some Chrismtas cheer. It is called Santa Baby 2 Christmas maybe.......definitely maybe. NOt as good as the first one. With all the great Christmas movies out there is you have to choose between this and something else, try the something else. I can't say we will be watching it again, too many great ones out there.

Last year we elected not to watch either movie as it is Christmas confusing to children to have two different Santas.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Friday it is a bit confusing: do we celebrate Christmas in July or the 4th weekend? Kiddos are distracted by early Christmas in July celebrations. So.....it'll be BBQs, fireworks and Christmas movies on Hallmark! :wink:

I found this graphic on the net and thought it perectly titled: Happy 4th Christmas in July!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Noel+ wrote:Friday it is a bit confusing: do we celebrate Christmas in July or the 4th weekend? Kiddos are distracted by early Christmas in July celebrations. So.....it'll be BBQs, fireworks and Christmas movies on Hallmark! :wink:

I found this graphic on the net and thought it perectly titled: Happy 4th Christmas in July!

Christmas perfect! :wink:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:29 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Watched Santa Baby 2 last night for some Chrismtas cheer. It is called Santa Baby 2 Christmas maybe.......definitely maybe. NOt as good as the first one. With all the great Christmas movies out there is you have to choose between this and something else, try the something else. I can't say we will be watching it again, too many great ones out there.

Last year we elected not to watch either movie as it is Christmas confusing to children to have two different Santas.

Just out of curiosity, how old are your kids? Do you mean two Santas as in Santa and then Mary? or two different actors playing Santa? George Wendt definitely had more Santa Christmas charisma. No movie last night, too tired. Fotball (soccer) is back on tonight. The next movie up is Snow.

On a non Christmas note, has anyone seen Independence Day, the new one? Is it worth seeing at the theater or should we just wait for Netflix? I am to the age when there is so much stuff to watch that I hate wasting time and being disappointed. The same question goes for Captain America Civil War. We saw Batman vs Superman, it was okay. Star Wars made me want to go home and watch the original trilogy. So many movies, Christmas and otherwise, so little time......
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:32 am

Noel+ wrote:Friday it is a bit confusing: do we celebrate Christmas in July or the 4th weekend? Kiddos are distracted by early Christmas in July celebrations. So.....it'll be BBQs, fireworks and Christmas movies on Hallmark! :wink:

That's why I said if I were in Texas, I would record the Hallmark Christmas movies and watch them a couple of weeks later. Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July is a great crossover movie. Great Christmas graphic!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:41 am

JOLLY

Two different actors playing the same Santa in the same theme movies confuses kids.

Reviews:

Civil War: fabulous and awesome flick!!! The intros to Black Panther and Spider-Man are great. It has a moving theme plus wood action. I can't wait for the blue ray release.

Independence Day Resurgence: okay....good not great. Brent Spiner is great as Dr Okun again and Jeff Goldblum is good again too. It is set up for another sequel.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:43 am

MERRY TANNENBAUM THURSDAY CHRISTMAS

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:12 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am

Noel+ wrote:JOLLY

Two different actors playing the same Santa in the same theme movies confuses kids.

Reviews:

Civil War: fabulous and awesome flick!!! The intros to Black Panther and Spider-Man are great. It has a moving theme plus wood action. I can't wait for the blue ray release.

Independence Day Resurgence: okay....good not great. Brent Spiner is great as Dr Okun again and Jeff Goldblum is good again too. It is set up for another sequel.

ok, trying to understand this: but a different actor playing Santa in a different movie, say Miracle on 34th street, doesn't bother them? It took me a long time to decide it wasn't George Wendt and even then I had to go to Imdb to double check, but he did not seem to have the same Christmas spirit.

ok, I am on the fence about going to the movie theatre. seems there are usually just kids there (or 20's and 30's, not old fogies like us).
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 am

JOLLY on ABC Family channel they show both Santa Baby movies back to back several times at Christmas. Children are attentive and notice different Santa's.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Noel+ wrote:
    JOLLY on ABC Family channel they show both Santa Baby movies back to back several times at Christmas. Children are attentive and notice different Santa's.

wow. when I was a kid White beard and red suit equalled Santa. I guess I was not as smart as your Little Christmas elves. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Check out our ornament exchange thread if you are interested in exchanging ornaments as well as Christmas cards this year. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:JOLLY

Reviews:

wow ,hope they don't wait Another 20 years....some of us are getting to be as old as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Noel you found the perfect image for Christmas in July. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter