Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Friday it is a bit confusing: do we celebrate Christmas in July or the 4th weekend? Kiddos are distracted by early Christmas in July celebrations. So.....it'll be BBQs, fireworks and Christmas movies on Hallmark! :wink:

I found this graphic on the net and thought it perectly titled: Happy 4th Christmas in July!

Noel you found the perfect image for Christmas in July. :smilecc:

I saw on a website last year where someone had taken our Swedish christmas "crackers" and made them in red White and blue for the 4th of July. Now there is a perfect Independence Day/Christmas in July crossover as well.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:38 pm

http://www.crackers.gilliancards.com/July4th.htm

this is not the same idea and these are more like British Christmas crackes, but you get the idea.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:Check out our ornament exchange thread if you are interested in exchanging ornaments as well as Christmas cards this year. :smilecc:

A Christmas cute idea but doubt I have the time to crochet or needlepoint an ornament. Thinking it over. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:28 am

Just watched aRCs opening hour of Christmas in July. Loved the set decorated and agile with holiday as soft carols played in the background. Going to sleep now before I accidentally order some more decorations. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:37 am

175 days til Christmas !!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:33 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:40 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Check out our ornament exchange thread if you are interested in exchanging ornaments as well as Christmas cards this year. :smilecc:

A Christmas cute idea but doubt I have the time to crochet or needlepoint an ornament. Thinking it over. :D

Oh it doesn't have to be homemade. It can be anything like one you buy or even one you already have. I think it would be fun to search thrift stores to see if I can find a vintage Christmas ornament for the exchange. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 am

Another month and I'm still using Charlie Brown Christmas stamps. :D This is probably the last time though. I'm not too sad about it. Looking forward to see what this years Christmas stamps will be. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:23 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Oh it doesn't have to be homemade. It can be anything like one you buy or even one you already have. I think it would be fun to search thrift stores to see if I can find a vintage Christmas ornament for the exchange. :smilecc:

That sounds like a great Christmas idea! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:53 am

CandyKane wrote:Another month and I'm still using Charlie Brown Christmas stamps. :D This is probably the last time though. I'm not too sad about it. Looking forward to see what this years Christmas stamps will be. :D

Yes the annual Christmas stamp reveal is always an exciting time. I always buy 3 books of favorite designs so I have a few left over after my cards are all mailed out. :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:54 am

Happy July 4th Weekend!

Merry Fourth Friday Christmas!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:56 am

Enjoy the Christmas movies starting on Hallmark Movies today and stopping by QVC for Heartfelt Christmas shows on QVC. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:26 am

Noel+ wrote:Enjoy the Christmas movies starting on Hallmark Movies today and stopping by QVC for Heartfelt Christmas shows on QVC. :D

oh yes, I forgot about Christmas in July on QVC.
I just checked the Santa World Congress schedule of events. It seems that Wednesday is the day when most things are happening. I also noticed that SAS now has a "bidding" program for their upgrades. I hate bidding and that makes me super sad as we have spent the last two years earning points. oh well, we can use the points for flights to Copenhagen for the next Santa Claus World Congress. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:50 pm

You should join in our ornament exchange Jolly. We would just have to make sure we do it early enough to ensure your package arrives before Christmas. :orn1: :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:26 am

CandyKane wrote:You should join in our ornament exchange Jolly. We would just have to make sure we do it early enough to ensure your package arrives before Christmas. :orn1: :ornasmile:

Thanks for the invitation but I don't have time to shop. It could be a good idea for re-homing my hallmark ornaments in the basement, but that means Perky would have to really dig rather than just bringing up the stuff we commonly use. We are going to Texas in November but the trip keeps getting shorter and shorter. One thing I must do is visit the social security office which is no Christmas fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:17 am

Noel+ wrote:Image

I had to go back to an old post to get on the website this morning. Noelle, do you mind if I steal that Rudlph Day Christmas graphic for use on my facebook page?

You are so christmas creative! :rudolph1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:23 am

Just found out there is a Hallmark Christmas Movie facebook page. I am in Christmas heaven. Have to see what is playing on FeelN when soccer is not on. Going to see Independence Day with Perky tonight. A date with hubby is almost as much fun as Christmas (even if I have to pay) ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Image

I had to go back to an old post to get on the website this morning. Noelle, do you mind if I steal that Rudlph Day Christmas graphic for use on my facebook page?

You are so christmas creative! :rudolph1:

Jolly please enjoy the graphic. You amaze me that you keep two Facebook pages plus other social media. Just love your Jolly page. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just found out there is a Hallmark Christmas Movie facebook page. I am in Christmas heaven. Have to see what is playing on FeelN when soccer is not on. Going to see Independence Day with Perky tonight. A date with hubby is almost as much fun as Christmas (even if I have to pay) ;-)

Enjoy your almost-Christmas-fun date with Perky. Let usknow what you thought of the movie. I'll compare it to my review. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter