Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:50 am

Noel+ wrote:Good Morning Jolly. We watched the PBS Conert and fireworks and it was spectacular. Everytime we checked CBS the Boston Pops concert was at commercial. Earlier we saw the lst 40 minutes of Macy's 4th fireworks. It was all beautiful. My favorite part is seeing Washington DC monuments skylighted in fireworks. They even had red-green fireworks in a heart shape which was Christmas perfect!

I just read that due to bad weather in DC they used footage from previous years for the fireworks. Some people had the nerve to complain. Some people are just never pleased and deserve coal in their stockings on Christmas morning.
I just finished watching Amber Riley, looking forward to the fireworks.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:55 am

Noel+ wrote:Tonight we're going to make a special effort to finally watch one of the Hallmark Christmas movies showing this week. So far, with the 4th and regular schedules, it wasn't possible. And I am looking forward to some Christmas cheer! :scene:

Christmas Movies after the 4th is perfect timing. Perky is working on my FeelN problem, meanwhile we have plenty of DVD's. I watched Snow yesterday and though I have seen it Before had a hard time this viewing because Tom Cavanaugh plays such a bad guy on The Flash.........I kept reminding myself that Snow was made years ago. I have seen there is a Snow 2 but not sure about that. I hope I get a chance to see Hallmark's Deck the Halls (as opposed to the great one with Danny DeVito). That looks too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:58 am

Noel+ wrote:1500 Christmas posts by July 5th!!!! :carolbells:

I just noticed that! To keep the Christmas pressure low, I suggests we just make our goal 2500 posts. If we make that early, we can add to it. What do you Think? :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:21 am

Noel+ wrote:Tonight we're going to make a special effort to finally watch one of the Hallmark Christmas movies showing this week. So far, with the 4th and regular schedules, it wasn't possible. And I am looking forward to some Christmas cheer! :scene:

I'm looking forward to watching some Christmas movies starting on the 8th. We have the Hallmark Channel but not the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:24 am

Noel+ wrote:Good Morning my Christmas friends. After our patriotic holiday I am hope you all have a splendid week!

I hope you do to Noel. With Christmas friends like you, Jolly, CandyKane, and the rest of the gang here, it's going to be a wonderful week. :santa: :elfgrin:
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:26 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Good Morning Jolly. We watched the PBS Conert and fireworks and it was spectacular. Everytime we checked CBS the Boston Pops concert was at commercial. Earlier we saw the lst 40 minutes of Macy's 4th fireworks. It was all beautiful. My favorite part is seeing Washington DC monuments skylighted in fireworks. They even had red-green fireworks in a heart shape which was Christmas perfect!

I just read that due to bad weather in DC they used footage from previous years for the fireworks. Some people had the nerve to complain. Some people are just never pleased and deserve coal in their stockings on Christmas morning.

Boo! Hiss! They have no Christmas spirit.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:28 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

I just noticed that! To keep the Christmas pressure low, I suggests we just make our goal 2500 posts. If we make that early, we can add to it. What do you Think? :gbhouse:

Sounds perfect to me Jolly! Christmas goals with Christmas Spirit! :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:30 am

One Christmas milestone met, another one to look forward too. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:32 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:37 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

just watched it to the end. Either the Christmas heart got edited out of the youTube version or I looked away at the wrong time. OH well, Christmas is in the heart as we all know. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:39 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

The problem wasn't that they did this. The problem was they ran it clearly stating it was a LIVE feed. The didn't own up to it until the complaints came rolling in. Gotta be a Christmas Grinch on this one. :grinch: We did catch the last few minutes of Macy's display.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:41 am

Yay!! I have a feeling this is gonna be our best year ever for Christmas posts! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:44 am

We had such a fabulous 4th! Lots of family fun and some time spent at the lake. We had our annual 4th of July party and fabulous fireworks. Life is good and Christmas is coming. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:46 am

Still hoping some more Christmas friends find this forum and join in. The more the merrier! :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:50 am

CandyKane wrote:Still hoping some more Christmas friends find this forum and join in. The more the merrier! :carolbells:

I really like and enjoy our like-minded Christmas community. More friends would be very nice too.
:rudolph1:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:00 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Still hoping some more Christmas friends find this forum and join in. The more the merrier! :carolbells:

I really like and enjoy our like-minded Christmas community. More friends would be very nice too.
:rudolph1:

Sometimes we pick up a couple more and old friends return like Kiwidoggy. The more Christmas friends the merrier. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:01 am

The Armed Forces are selling personalized Christmas ornaments this year.
http://www.officialornament.com/
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:05 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:The Armed Forces are selling personalized Christmas ornaments this year.

Wouldn't these look fabulous displayed on a white Christmas tree with red and blue lights and ribbons. A girl can dream..... :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:11 am

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:The Armed Forces are selling personalized Christmas ornaments this year.

Wouldn't these look fabulous displayed on a white Christmas tree with red and blue lights and ribbons. A girl can dream..... :thumbs:

That would look really nice. Instead of a Christmas tree it could be patriotic tree. :reindeersmile:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:52 am

I had the unhappy news that we can no longer use our SAS points for upgrades. We can, however use them for European flights and that makes going to the Santa Claus World Congress inCopenhagen next year a Christmas in July possibility.,we can also use them for the hotel. Perky wants to take the train, so we shall see.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter