Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:20 am

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-t ... -schedule/

I hadn't even thought about Christmas being on a Sunday. I feel confidant in saying we won't be watching football on Christmas Eve or Day. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:23 am

CandyKane wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-throws-huge-christmas-curveball-on-2016-regular-season-schedule/

I hadn't even thought about Christmas being on a Sunday. I feel confidant in saying we won't be watching football on Christmas Eve or Day. :D

They should have skipped Christmas Day and Eve.
I won't be watching either.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Just found Its a Wonderful Life on my DVR. I forgot all about recording this Christmas classic. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Today's mail brought my dd an American Girl catalog. Let her Christmas list making begin.... :toychase:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Here's a little Springsteen Christmas to brighten up the day. One of my faves :elfgrin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgEDKjmT5o

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:51 pm

And that brings up a question???? Are your Christmas music tastes geared more toward traditional carols or more modern stuff? I enjoy a good mix of everything! :sing: :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:04 pm

CandyKane wrote:Now thinking about the chipmunks has reminded me of the Disney cartoon where Chip and Dale come in the house in the freshly cut Christmas tree. Funny stuff! :snowtree:

Just love that classic Disney cartoon. Pluto is so frustrated at the Christmas cute chipmunk! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:05 pm

CandyKane wrote:And that brings up a question???? Are your Christmas music tastes geared more toward traditional carols or more modern stuff? I enjoy a good mix of everything! :sing: :santadance:

Just love all genres of Christmas music too. :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-throws-huge-christmas-curveball-on-2016-regular-season-schedule/

They should have skipped Christmas Day and Eve.
I won't be watching either.

Uh oh....the men will turn it on and then the women will insist a children's program is turned on. :santa: :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:12 pm

My hubby said Christmas is not for football. That's what Thanksgiving is for. :lol: He's such a goof!

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:32 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:33 am

CandyKane wrote:My hubby said Christmas is not for football. That's what Thanksgiving is for. :lol: He's such a goof!

He's right. No football on Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:41 am

Hey Jolly, do you recognize this brand?
My neighbor went to San Antonio and brought me back this mug and some coffee that reminded me of a Christmas blend. Chocolate/Vanilla/Cinnamon flavored.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hey Jolly, do you recognize this brand?
My neighbor went to San Antonio and brought me back this mug and some coffee that reminded me of a Christmas blend. Chocolate/Vanilla/Cinnamon flavored.

Yes, and it is definitely on the Christmas shopping list for November. There are also Austin, Houston, and used to be Hill Country blends. I was sad to realize we have finished all the Christmas coffee we brought home too. Time to restock. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:51 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:And that brings up a question???? Are your Christmas music tastes geared more toward traditional carols or more modern stuff? I enjoy a good mix of everything! :sing: :santadance:

Just love all genres of Christmas music too. :singing:

I'm most fond of the old stuff. Bing Crosby / Frank Sinatra / Dean Martin / Nat King Cole / Burl Ives / Johnny Mathis / Perry Como.

But I also like Amy Grant / Point of Grace / Francesca Battistelli / Mariah Carey / Michael Buble / Vince Guaraldi Trio (Charlie Brown).

Most of each group sing both Christmas carols and Christmas songs.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 am

CandyKane wrote:Here's a little Springsteen Christmas to brighten up the day. One of my faves :elfgrin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgEDKjmT5o

Makes me long for Christmas time.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:04 am

CandyKane wrote:Just found Its a Wonderful Life on my DVR. I forgot all about recording this Christmas classic. :scene:

Love that Christmas movie! We watch it every year.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:29 pm

Cloudy, cool, and sprinkling rain. A welcome relief from the heat. :snowman1:
I have some errands today but I'm saving them for when dds at her activity this afternoon. The school put out a school supply list this morning. Can it be that time already? At least we are on the downhill slide to Christmas. :penny:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Just found Its a Wonderful Life on my DVR. I forgot all about recording this Christmas classic. :scene:

Love that Christmas movie! We watch it every year.

There are certain Christmas movies that are essential each season for me! One is a Wonderful Life and also Miracle on 34th Street. A few years ago I added The Nativity to my list. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without watching theses movies. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:45 pm

CandyKane wrote:Cloudy, cool, and sprinkling rain. A welcome relief from the heat. :snowman1:
I have some errands today but I'm saving them for when dds at her activity this afternoon. The school put out a school supply list this morning. Can it be that time already? At least we are on the downhill slide to Christmas. :penny:

I am so over summer that I rejoice when we reach this point on the calendar! Here's to the downhill slide to Christmas!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter