Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Merry Thankful Thursday!

Today I express my gratitude for:

my family
my church
my health
4 seasons [well....memories of 4 seasons]

What are you thankful for my Christmas friend?

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Your list is perfect Noel! Just as we keep the love and Spirit of Christmas alive in our hearts everyday, we should also give thanks for what we have. There is always something to be thankful for. Always! :angel:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Just found Its a Wonderful Life on my DVR. I forgot all about recording this Christmas classic. :scene:

Love that Christmas movie! We watch it every year.

There are certain Christmas movies that are essential each season for me! One is a Wonderful Life and also Miracle on 34th Street. A few years ago I added The Nativity to my list. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without watching theses movies. :scene:

Several years ago I received a Christmas card with a dvd of Miracle on 34th Street inside it. It was really neat. We've watched it every year since. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Hubby brought home over 100 ears of sweet corn we need to shuck and get ready for the freezer. I kinda dread getting started on them but they sure will taste good around Christmas time. :dinner:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:15 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hubby brought home over 100 ears of sweet corn we need to shuck and get ready for the freezer. I kinda dread getting started on them but they sure will taste good around Christmas time. :dinner:

You could roast a few years for dinner. Just love roasted corn. And how delicious to eat at Christmas! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:27 pm

171 days til Christmas

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Noel+ wrote:Merry Thankful Thursday!

Today I express my gratitude for:

my family
my church
my health
4 seasons [well....memories of 4 seasons]

What are you thankful for my Christmas friend?

I am thankful for:

my salvation
my wife
my family
my church

Bonus:
my Christmas friends!

I am truly blessed. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Just found Its a Wonderful Life on my DVR. I forgot all about recording this Christmas classic. :scene:

There are certain Christmas movies that are essential each season for me! One is a Wonderful Life and also Miracle on 34th Street. A few years ago I added The Nativity to my list. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without watching theses movies. :scene:

Is The Nativity the Christmas movie with Jimmy Stewart?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

The Nativity??? :think: And I thought I'd seen every Christmas movie ever made.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

The Nativity Story filmed in the holy land in 2013.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:13 am

Praying for the families of police officers injured/killed in Dallas last evening. My heart bleeds blue in grief. May God of Christmas] comfort the parents, spouses, siblings, friends and children of those who gave their lifes to defend the protesters.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:15 am

It's a sad Friday knowing our beloved police officer families will have a table minus one loved this Christmas. There is nothing 'merry' about this loss. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:42 am

Noel+ wrote:Praying for the families of police officers injured/killed in Dallas last evening. My heart bleeds blue in grief. May God of Christmas] comfort the parents, spouses, siblings, friends and children of those who gave their lifes to defend the protesters.

May God comfort them all. Christmas will never be the same for those who lost loved ones last night. My heart is broken. :cry:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:22 am

We've been watching the news out of Dallas last night and this morning. We live in a world of hate and evil. My heart is broken for the victims of this. Pray, pray, and pray some more. Thankful for my Christmas happy place. It reminds me there is true light in this crazy world and not just darkness. :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:46 am

The Christmas Wall episode of the Middle is on. And that brings up an interesting question. :rudolph: Was King Moonracer of Rudolph a toy? :think: I have never thought of him as a toy.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:48 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:17 pm

It's one thing to hear a news story. Quite another when you see the faces of those involved. So senseless! What in the world is going on?

Wishing the best for all my Christmas friends. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:31 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/da ... story.html

I must say I'm impressed with the police chief of Dallas. You can read his story to see what made him the man he is today. So many wrongs in this situation, and no matter how you add them you can't get a right. I was watching the video of the officers trying to help people get down and away from the scene. It reminded me of 9-11. Sorry for my ramblings. It's just so upsetting.

Today I'm thankful for Christmas friends! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:52 pm

:pole: I wonder if Santa does anything special to celebrate Christmas in July? :santa:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter