Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:24 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:At the hospital with Perky. 4:37 am. No christmas fun.

Prayers for Perky and you my Christmas friend. Hugs

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:45 am

9 Days unyielding CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!! :carolbells: :carolbells:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 am

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas in July!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:49 am

Noel+ wrote:

Thanks, I got booted out at 5 am when he got a room. I will go back in an hour or so and see what the situation is. They were going to do an endoscopy (?) today to check for bleeding ulcers. My prayer is that they find nothing and it was just the end of this horrible flu we have been having, or they find something early to treat. His father died of a stomach ulcer or aneurysm (my Swedish is unsure). I have been in touch with Perky's sister by phone who is a nurse an I will put her on the paperwork for updates. Hopefully I am going to fetch him home. I am quite sure he'd rather be home watching Christmas Movies.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:39 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Thanks, I got booted out at 5 am when he got a room. I will go back in an hour or so and see what the situation is. They were going to do an endoscopy (?) today to check for bleeding ulcers. My prayer is that they find nothing and it was just the end of this horrible flu we have been having, or they find something early to treat. His father died of a stomach ulcer or aneurysm (my Swedish is unsure). I have been in touch with Perky's sister by phone who is a nurse an I will put her on the paperwork for updates. Hopefully I am going to fetch him home. I am quite sure he'd rather be home watching Christmas Movies.

Oh Jolly, I hope everything will be ok. Praying for Perky.
Hopefully he'll be home soon watching Christmas movies.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:34 am

Woohoo! After today there is just one Saturday left before Christmas in July. :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:38 am

I realized something last night. My dd never calls cedar trees..cedar trees. She refers to them as Christmas trees. Like she came in to tell me there was a red bird sitting in the big Christmas tree. Too sweet! :treewiggle:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:40 am

Dds youth group has started some major fundraising projects. I foresee a lot of my Christmas gifts coming from these fundraisers. :shop: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:42 am

There are only 107 days left until Halloween. :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: Christmas is coming back at Reindeer speed. :snowdeer:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Perky was released today. He has a small none bleeding ulcer. His only instructions besides meds are no smoking (he doesn't) and avoid hard liquor, not something we have often, but we have been hitting the Fireball whiskey almost every day this week trying to kill the itching bottle brush throat feeling (Swedish cough medicine is a joke). Now I don't have to share my Fireball and I can buy myself all I want for Christmas! Seriously, medication and minor Lifestyle Changes we should probably make anyway. Perky says shoot him, but it's not the end of the World. Common sense goes a long way.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky was released today. He has a small none bleeding ulcer. His only instructions besides meds are no smoking (he doesn't) and avoid hard liquor, not something we have often, but we have been hitting the Fireball whiskey almost every day this week trying to kill the itching bottle brush throat feeling (Swedish cough medicine is a joke). Now I don't have to share my Fireball and I can buy myself all I want for Christmas! Seriously, medication and minor Lifestyle Changes we should probably make anyway. Perky says shoot him, but it's not the end of the World. Common sense goes a long way.

Christmas Cheers!! :jump: :snowjump:
Rejoicing with you Jolly on this great news. Prayers continue for both of you to heal from this virus/flu and Perky's ulcer to close.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:59 pm

CandyKane wrote:I realized something last night. My dd never calls cedar trees..cedar trees. She refers to them as Christmas trees. Like she came in to tell me there was a red bird sitting in the big Christmas tree. Too sweet! :treewiggle:

Too Christmas cute CK! :merrytree:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Listening to dd hum Holly Jolly Christmas. I'm sure she got it from me. :laugh: :sing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:25 pm

We did a little early back to school shopping today. The list gets longer every year. :roll: Good thing we love shopping. :D And as soon as the back-to-school aisles clear out, out comes the seasonal Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas stuff. :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:35 pm

A little trivia....What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season? :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:55 pm

If you use or have used a real Christmas tree, what kind of tree? Spruce, cedar, ??? :snowtree: Ours have always been cedar cut from our farm.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:28 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you use or have used a real Christmas tree, what kind of tree? Spruce, cedar, ??? :snowtree: Ours have always been cedar cut from our farm.

Frazier and salaam first but in Indiana they also import transform other states. My favorite is Frazier. It smells like Christmas with a real tree . :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:A little trivia....What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season? :smilecc:

A wreath in red and green.n.
:snowtree:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:A little trivia....What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season? :smilecc:

A wreath in red and green.n.
:snowtree:

The site where I found the question said it was a rose. But a red and green Christmas wreath sounds better to me. :wreath: :candle1: :wreath:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:If you use or have used a real Christmas tree, what kind of tree? Spruce, cedar, ??? :snowtree: Ours have always been cedar cut from our farm.

Frazier and salaam first but in Indiana they also import transform other states. My favorite is Frazier. It smells like Christmas with a real tree . :scene:

I have never found an artificial scent that comes close to the smell of a real Christmas tree. :treehat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter