Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:29 pm

I miss Christmas past. :gbhouse: But I am really looking forward to Christmas future. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:28 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:A little trivia....What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season? :smilecc:

A wreath in red and green.n.
:snowtree:

The site where I found the question said it was a rose. But a red and green Christmas wreath sounds better to me. :wreath: :candle1: :wreath:

oops my Christmas facts are slipping. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:I miss Christmas past. :gbhouse: But I am really looking forward to Christmas future. :scene:

I miss Christmas past and lived ones no longer here. Still I cherish Christmas present for its blessings and am hopeful for Christmas future. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:49 pm

This has been an exhausting but also a fun week. We started off with two days worth of doctor's appointments at Cincy Childrens, all went well there just some med changes for the youngest two (this is always fun). Seeing that we live about four hours away from the hospital we made it into a mini vacation and stayed in a hotel, which the kids loved. Did some shopping for back to school and also spent time coming up with Christmas ideas as well.

Made it home and on Thursday we renewed our watching a Christmas movie every night as part of Christmas in July, what makes this so enjoyable is the my youngest (which some of you on here know is on the Autism Spectrum) which is 12 has been so excited to watch the movies. Now I have to admit we have had to watch some of his favorites which are Home Alone 1 & 2, Elf, and Then Santa Claus 2, but that is okay, I just love the fact that with his special condition he has a love for Christmas in his heart and knows what a special time of year that it is. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:33 am

Miss Fischer'S Mysteries starting soon at the North Pole. Just read that there is a Christmas in July episode. Being Australian this means a cold weather Christmas. Might have to just order the Dvd.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:19 am

ksrjreed wrote:This has been an exhausting but also a fun week. We started off with two days worth of doctor's appointments at Cincy Childrens, all went well there just some med changes for the youngest two (this is always fun). Seeing that we live about four hours away from the hospital we made it into a mini vacation and stayed in a hotel, which the kids loved. Did some shopping for back to school and also spent time coming up with Christmas ideas as well.

Made it home and on Thursday we renewed our watching a Christmas movie every night as part of Christmas in July, what makes this so enjoyable is the my youngest (which some of you on here know is on the Autism Spectrum) which is 12 has been so excited to watch the movies. Now I have to admit we have had to watch some of his favorites which are Home Alone 1 & 2, Elf, and Then Santa Claus 2, but that is okay, I just love the fact that with his special condition he has a love for Christmas in his heart and knows what a special time of year that it is. :smilecc:

It's great to see you ksrjreed! Your son has excellent taste in Christmas movies. :elfgrin: So glad all went well with the doctors visit and you could enjoy your time together. It's wonderful that you share the love of Christmas with your family. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:I realized something last night. My dd never calls cedar trees..cedar trees. She refers to them as Christmas trees. Like she came in to tell me there was a red bird sitting in the big Christmas tree. Too sweet! :treewiggle:

I think she's absolutely Christmas correct on that one.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:03 pm

CandyKane wrote:There are only 107 days left until Halloween. :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: Christmas is coming back at Reindeer speed. :snowdeer:

Only 161 days till Christmas now!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky was released today. He has a small none bleeding ulcer. His only instructions besides meds are no smoking (he doesn't) and avoid hard liquor, not something we have often, but we have been hitting the Fireball whiskey almost every day this week trying to kill the itching bottle brush throat feeling (Swedish cough medicine is a joke). Now I don't have to share my Fireball and I can buy myself all I want for Christmas! Seriously, medication and minor Lifestyle Changes we should probably make anyway. Perky says shoot him, but it's not the end of the World. Common sense goes a long way.

Good to hear Jolly. I hope he's resting comfortably and watching Christmas movies now. Praying for a speedy recovery.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:10 pm

CandyKane wrote:A little trivia....What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season? :smilecc:

I would have guessed a manger.
It was a wreath in 1962 according to usps.com.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:13 pm

CandyKane wrote:I miss Christmas past. :gbhouse: But I am really looking forward to Christmas future. :scene:

The older I get them more I long for the old days and Christmas past.
Christmas was more special to most people back then.
When I say back then, I mean 50's and early 60's.
Towns and stores decorated big time for the season.
I was born in the mid 60's, so missed it. But I like seeing the pictures.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:16 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you use or have used a real Christmas tree, what kind of tree? Spruce, cedar, ??? :snowtree: Ours have always been cedar cut from our farm.

I have only ever known an artificial Christmas tree.
Never had a real one. YET!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:20 pm

ksrjreed wrote:This has been an exhausting but also a fun week. We started off with two days worth of doctor's appointments at Cincy Childrens, all went well there just some med changes for the youngest two (this is always fun). Seeing that we live about four hours away from the hospital we made it into a mini vacation and stayed in a hotel, which the kids loved. Did some shopping for back to school and also spent time coming up with Christmas ideas as well.

Hello my friend! Good to see you again.
If I'm thinking correctly, changing meds can be a bit of a crap shoot. I hope the changes are positive and go well.
I'm also loving these Christmas movies this July. Makes summer more fun! :D

Take care and we'll see you soon.

:elfgrin:
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Miss Fischer'S Mysteries starting soon at the North Pole. Just read that there is a Christmas in July episode. Being Australian this means a cold weather Christmas. Might have to just order the Dvd.

Christmas fun!
Wasn't she in one of the Indiana Jones movies?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Good afternoon my Christmas friends!
I hope you are having a restful Sunday.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Merry Super Sunday Christmas!!!
ImageI hope that everyone has a blessed day!Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

I would have guessed a manger.
It was a wreath in 1962 according to usps.com.

I assumed this question referred to the first Christmas stamp overall, and not just in the U.S. But apparently even that is debatable. Who knew the Christmas stamp had such a rich history. :holly1:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_stamp

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:08 pm

We came home from church and turned on the news only to see this horror and insanity playing out again in Baton Rouge. It just makes me sick.

Wishing all the peace of Christmas. :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter