Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:18 pm

CandyKane wrote:We came home from church and turned on the news only to see this horror and insanity playing out again in Baton Rouge. It just makes me sick.

Wishing all the peace of Christmas. :nav2:

I think the whole world needs the peace and spirit of Christmas more this year than any year that I can think of.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:A little trivia....What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season? :smilecc:

I would have guessed a manger.
It was a wreath in 1962 according to usps.com.

I assumed this question referred to the first Christmas stamp overall, and not just in the U.S. But apparently even that is debatable. Who knew the Christmas stamp had such a rich history. :holly1:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_stamp

The US was very late coming to the Christmas stamp game.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:47 pm

ksrjreed wrote:
CandyKane wrote:We came home from church and turned on the news only to see this horror and insanity playing out again in Baton Rouge. It just makes me sick.

Wishing all the peace of Christmas. :nav2:

I think the whole world needs the peace and spirit of Christmas more this year than any year that I can think of.

Truly sad. They need to have the Christmas Spirit in their hearts year round like us.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:49 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Miss Fischer'S Mysteries starting soon at the North Pole. Just read that there is a Christmas in July episode. Being Australian this means a cold weather Christmas. Might have to just order the Dvd.

Christmas fun!
Wasn't she in one of the Indiana Jones movies?

If you are referring to the main character/actress, I have not seen any yet. The only things I know for sure is that the series is Australian and set in the 1920's. Perky found some audio books of the same name on his subscription service. It will take them awhile to get to the Christmas episode. If I like the first few, I might jump ahead and buy the DVDs.

I saw Hallmarks Deck the Halls. It was cute, but the character of Alvira Meehan seemed a bit Glamorized by Kathy Najimy. I thought the husband was perfect, in the books he often reminded me of Perky. I always pictured Alvira a bit frumpier like me. I would be super happy if they turn The Santa Cruise with the same characters into a movie.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Miss Fischer'S Mysteries starting soon at the North Pole. Just read that there is a Christmas in July episode. Being Australian this means a cold weather Christmas. Might have to just order the Dvd.

Christmas fun!

If you are referring to the main character/actress, I have not seen any yet. The only things I know for sure is that the series is Australian and set in the 1920's. Perky found some audio books of the same name on his subscription service. It will take them awhile to get to the Christmas episode. If I like the first few, I might jump ahead and buy the DVDs.

I saw Hallmarks Deck the Halls. It was cute, but the character of Alvira Meehan seemed a bit Glamorized by Kathy Najimy. I thought the husband was perfect, in the books he often reminded me of Perky. I always pictured Alvira a bit frumpier like me. I would be super happy if they turn The Santa Cruise with the same characters into a movie.

It appears I was wrong.
Essie Davis stars in Miss Fisher's Mysteries and Cate Blanchett was in Indiana Jones. But they looked very similar to me when I saw Essie Davis' picture.
Oh well.
160 Days till Christmas! :santa:

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 am

Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:50 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:22 am

Who's ready for a Merry Monday Christmas?
I sure am. We are over half way thru July already and August will be here before we know it.
I am so looking forward to the BERS.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:41 am

It's Monday Christmas friends. Might as well be happy about it. :snowjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Christmas fun!

It appears I was wrong.
Essie Davis stars in Miss Fisher's Mysteries and Cate Blanchett was in Indiana Jones. But they looked very similar to me when I saw Essie Davis' picture.
Oh well.

I see now that Neflix has the first season up. Might start that tonight.
Just got back from the local med clinic, good news, my blood work is normal. bad news they said after a bad flu it can take 2-3 weeks to feel good again. No Chrismtas fun! We have a Cruise on Friday. I want to enjoy it.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:49 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Who's ready for a Merry Monday Christmas?
I sure am. We are over half way thru July already and August will be here before we know it.
I am so looking forward to the BERS.

We are facing a week of brutal heat. The BERS can't get here fast enough for me. And not just because they bring Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. :pumpkin: :thanks: :treeswave:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:55 am

The back to school sales are perfect for stocking up on items for Operation Christmas Child. :shop: :shop: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Christmas fun!

It appears I was wrong.
Oh well.

I see now that Neflix has the first season up. Might start that tonight.
Just got back from the local med clinic, good news, my blood work is normal. bad news they said after a bad flu it can take 2-3 weeks to feel good again. No Chrismtas fun! We have a Cruise on Friday. I want to enjoy it.

I hope you feel better soon my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

CandyKane wrote:The back to school sales are perfect for stocking up on items for Operation Christmas Child. :shop: :shop: :shop:

OCC - Christmas in July
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article ... ery-month/
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Just received a Christmas present early! My oldest son has been selected to march in the 2017 U.S. Army All American Band in San Antonio TX in January. He will be performing during the Army All American Bowl and we are so excited for him, he has put in a lot of work to accomplish this and it has truly been an early Christmas present and proud parent moment all in one event. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:05 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Just received a Christmas present early! My oldest son has been selected to march in the 2017 U.S. Army All American Band in San Antonio TX in January. He will be performing during the Army All American Bowl and we are so excited for him, he has put in a lot of work to accomplish this and it has truly been an early Christmas present and proud parent moment all in one event. :smilecc:

Super Christmas Congratulations! I am from San Antonio and makes me homesick to hear that! Be sure to pick up some San Antonio Coffee.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Just received a Christmas present early! My oldest son has been selected to march in the 2017 U.S. Army All American Band in San Antonio TX in January. He will be performing during the Army All American Bowl and we are so excited for him, he has put in a lot of work to accomplish this and it has truly been an early Christmas present and proud parent moment all in one event. :smilecc:

Super Christmas Congratulations! I am from San Antonio and makes me homesick to hear that! Be sure to pick up some San Antonio Coffee.

Super Christmas Cheers, ksrjreed!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!

Make it a great day my Christmas friends. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Last night we had thunder!! No lightening.......no rain.........and the storm passed within 10 minutes but the sound of thunder still lifted my spirits. Today it is muggier than any Christmas lovers heart can remember. Counting the days til under 100F temperatures. :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Well I have picked up some kind of a dozzy of a virus. Nausea, body aches, sweats and total fatigue. If it was close to Christmas I would rejoice in a day off to rest. But in this sweltering heat I just want to moan. And it is Monday. Oh, well..... :x

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter