Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 am

Happy Friday Christmas friends! Hope it's a fabulous one! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:39 am

Better start shopping. :shop: :shop: :shop: There are only 156 days left until Christmas. :santa:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:41 am

Sing a tune. :whistle: It's Fa la la la Friday Christmas! :whistle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:45 am

Noel, my Christmas buddy
The word Noel entered the English language in the late 1300s. It originated from the Latin word 'natalis' which means 'day of birth'. :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:25 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Back at ER with Perky, no Christmas fun.

Praying for my Christmas Buddy!

Thanks for the Christmas Prayers. Nothing definitive found, could all be complications for the antibiotics he is taking for the ulcer. He has more tests at the local med center on Monday. Cancelled the weekend Cruise, but got most of the Money back as i had purchased the Insurance since we are at "that age"........hope the rest of Christmas in July is more Christmas fun!

The strangest thing is that we were at the hospital for only 6 hours and have spent the day in the same foggy feeling as if we had flown across the World. Could the air have been that dry???
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:07 pm

I enjoyed a nice visit with Dad today. We went through some of dd's toys to donate to a yard sale. It always makes me happy and sad to see the things my Mom bought for her. Losing someone you love makes you appreciate things more. Christmas is even brighter because you're with the ones you love. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:09 pm

As you know, I credit my Mom with my strong love of Christmas. I was blessed to share it with her, and doubly blessed to share it with my dd. :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:12 pm

America’s official national Christmas tree is located in King’s Canyon National Park in California. The tree, a giant sequoia called the “General Grant Tree”, is over 90 meters (300 feet) high, and was made the official Christmas tree in 1925. :merrytree:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Just a quick Christmas in July check in while I recover from whatever they named this virus. Miss you all...........enjoy your celebration!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:39 pm

So glad you checked in Noel! Christmas All Year just isn't the same without you. :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Noel+ wrote:Just a quick Christmas in July check in while I recover from whatever they named this virus. Miss you all...........enjoy your celebration!

I am calling it the super flu and it has been no Christmas fun. Still coughing somewhat and Perky, normally more of a tenor, is sounding like Barry White.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:26 pm

I just realized that tomorrow is Christmas in July Eve Eve. Woohoo! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:17 pm

The popular Christmas song “Jingle Bells” was actually written for Thanksgiving. The song was composed in 1857 by James Pierpont, and was originally called “One Horse Open Sleigh”. :sing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:19 pm

In 1647, the English parliament passed a law made Christmas illegal. The Puritan leader Oliver Cromwell, who considered feasting and revelry on what was supposed to be a holy day to be immoral, banned the Christmas festivities. The ban was lifted only when Cromwell lost power in 1660. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Michigan has no official state song, but one, ‘Michigan, My Michigan,’ is frequently used. The words were written in 1863, and the melody used is that of the Christmas song “O Tannenbaum”.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 pm

The Canadian province of Nova Scotia leads the world in exporting lobster, wild blueberries, and Christmas trees.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Just finished VBS for 2016, its hard tiring being youth leader during Bible school, but seeing kids some of which may never come to church but this one time a year seeing and showing what they have learned, that is a Christmas present I enjoy receiving early. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:18 pm

Starting to really get into my Christmas shopping phase. The kids go back to school in about 3 weeks and that thought alone gets me in the Christmas mood, must be the fact I play Andy Williams "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" really loud the first day of school just to annoy my kids. Hey, I never claimed to win father of the year, but when it comes to traditions, my kids will always know I will have something planned. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:22 am

ksrjreed wrote:Starting to really get into my Christmas shopping phase. The kids go back to school in about 3 weeks and that thought alone gets me in the Christmas mood, must be the fact I play Andy Williams "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" really loud the first day of school just to annoy my kids. Hey, I never claimed to win father of the year, but when it comes to traditions, my kids will always know I will have something planned. :smilecc:

that is too Christmas cute, and you definitely deserve Father of the Year.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:22 am

It's Christmas in July Eve Eve! :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter