Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:26 am

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished VBS for 2016, its hard tiring being youth leader during Bible school, but seeing kids some of which may never come to church but this one time a year seeing and showing what they have learned, that is a Christmas present I enjoy receiving early. :smilecc:

I helped with the kids at our VBS. It's so tiring and so rewarding. I always thought a one day Christmas in July themed VBS would be awesome. You could start with Christmas and end with Easter. :nav2:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:28 am

ksrjreed wrote:Starting to really get into my Christmas shopping phase. The kids go back to school in about 3 weeks and that thought alone gets me in the Christmas mood, must be the fact I play Andy Williams "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" really loud the first day of school just to annoy my kids. Hey, I never claimed to win father of the year, but when it comes to traditions, my kids will always know I will have something planned. :smilecc:

That is awesome! We have to play Holiday Road before we head out on vacation. :lol: Back to school puts me in a Christmas shopping mood too. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:31 am

We dvr'd our new favorite series Homestead Rescue. They are helping a family in Pennsylvania. Their homestead is covered with 3 feet of snow. The scenery is Christmas card perfect. :merrytree: :reindeer2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:19 am

Am now reminded why our Christmas in July plans Always go awry. It is one of the hottest weeks we have. Aside from being sick, the heat zaps my energy. watching snow Movies is sounding pretty good.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Thinking of each of my Christmas friends as tomorrow we celebrate Christmas in July Eve.........and.........Monday is the official Christmas in July day!

Now if only I could breathe, stop coughing, and have a smidgen of energy. Still my heart is rejoicing. Miss you everyone.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:07 am

Noel+ wrote:Thinking of each of my Christmas friends as tomorrow we celebrate Christmas in July Eve.........and.........Monday is the official Christmas in July day!

Now if only I could breathe, stop coughing, and have a smidgen of energy. Still my heart is rejoicing. Miss you everyone.

Minimum celebrating here due to recovering from the super flu and Perky being on a limited diet. Took out a few Christmas things, the leftover Christmas toilet paper and kitchen paper, bought pork filets for when Perky can eat again. Mostly trying to keep cool and watch snow movies. Probably won't put out the Christmas in July tree. Have to go into work tomorrow on a vacation day to finish the fall schedules as well as do some work at home today. All in all, a Christmas in July to forget. Hoping to make up for it next year.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:23 am

It's Christmas in July Eve! :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:24 am

Noel+ wrote:Thinking of each of my Christmas friends as tomorrow we celebrate Christmas in July Eve.........and.........Monday is the official Christmas in July day!

Noel I'm so sorry you are still sick. You're in our Christmas hearts and prayers. :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:46 am

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished VBS for 2016, its hard tiring being youth leader during Bible school, but seeing kids some of which may never come to church but this one time a year seeing and showing what they have learned, that is a Christmas present I enjoy receiving early. :smilecc:

Praise God for you my Christmas friend. VBS can make memories that last a lifetime. I still remember VBS when I was very young. You will be part of many testimonies. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:48 am

ksrjreed wrote:Starting to really get into my Christmas shopping phase. The kids go back to school in about 3 weeks and that thought alone gets me in the Christmas mood, must be the fact I play Andy Williams "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" really loud the first day of school just to annoy my kids. Hey, I never claimed to win father of the year, but when it comes to traditions, my kids will always know I will have something planned. :smilecc:

That is so Christmas cool!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 am

CandyKane wrote:It's Christmas in July Eve Eve! :santadance:

I've been celebrating Christmas Eve Eve with my in-laws.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 am

CandyKane wrote:We dvr'd our new favorite series Homestead Rescue. They are helping a family in Pennsylvania. Their homestead is covered with 3 feet of snow. The scenery is Christmas card perfect. :merrytree: :reindeer2:

I miss the snow. Christmas time and good snow storms.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:51 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Am now reminded why our Christmas in July plans Always go awry. It is one of the hottest weeks we have. Aside from being sick, the heat zaps my energy. watching snow Movies is sounding pretty good.

I hope my Swedish Christmas friends get well soon. VERY SOON!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:52 am

Praying for my special Christmas friend. Get better soon! :elf:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:53 am

CandyKane wrote:It's Christmas in July Eve! :snowjump:

Merry Christmas in July Eve CandyKane!!! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:56 am

Merry Christmas in July Eve my friends. Have a fun festive day if you can. My in-laws are still visiting today, so I won't be around till later tonight. Be blessed!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:48 pm

In-laws have headed home. We had a great visit. We did a little shopping while they were here. I bought Michelle a Christmas present with her standing only 15 feet away at her favorite boutique. The cashier and I were very sneaky. Michelle never had a clue.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Chistmas in July sure is hot!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:49 pm

I hope all my Christmas friends are having a super day!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:49 pm

1900 Christmas Posts!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter