Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly: I hope this last weekend of Christmas in July brings you and Perky complete health from this virus. Enjoy! :D

Me too. We usually have the "big" dinner on Saturday of Christmas in July week, so there is still hope. Doubt I will put any more decorations out though. I found a stray cat ornament my mother sent in the living room, so I hung that up in the bathroom. Probably won't get the dishes out this year, but a festive meal could Perk us both up. Perky Ate a restaurant steak dinner last night with fries, asparagus, and a baked tomato with no ill affects. Will continue healthy cooking at home but I think I can expand the menu a bit.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:32 am

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I hope I remember where I hide Michelle's Christmas presents. With me buying them this early I may forget all about them by the time November rolls around. Maybe I should just wrap them now and put them in the closet but in plain sight. That'll drive her crazy. :P

Those Christmas presents wouldn't last a day with me! :elfgrin:

Love your happy little Christmas sleigh too. :santasleigh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:33 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:How are you feeling Noel? Better I hope. Still praying for you my Christmas friend.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Christmas Crazy. This virus is relentless. In some ways it is better............in some ways it is slow progression. Still I cherish Christmas in my heart. :D

Today is the first day in 3-4 weeks that I have felt remotely like my old Christmas self. When I went to the dr a week ago Monday she said it could be 2-3 weeks. I had been sick for two weeks at that point. Of course Perky's midnight ER runs did not help. My theory is he started with the super flu, which with his impaired immune system led to the bacterial ulcer, which led to the heavy antibiotics which led to the second ER visit. He is now being tested for hepititis (sp) and the liver check. I think I need a do-over starting with Half Christmas.

I hope you are on the mend my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:34 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy: wishing you and Michelle a wonderful weekend celebrating Christmas in July. Are you traveling or staying at home? :P

We are heading to the beach for the last day of Christmas in July. We're taking KK (daughter, 20 yrs old) with us. Should be a lot of fun. :elfgrin:

Enjoy your Christmas in July family time.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:35 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I hope I remember where I hide Michelle's Christmas presents. With me buying them this early I may forget all about them by the time November rolls around. Maybe I should just wrap them now and put them in the closet but in plain sight. That'll drive her crazy. :P

If TVs were still furniture you could put them on top of the TV. That would be too Christmas fun.

That would be Christmas fun! :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:38 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Jolly: I hope this last weekend of Christmas in July brings you and Perky complete health from this virus. Enjoy! :D

Me too. We usually have the "big" dinner on Saturday of Christmas in July week, so there is still hope. Doubt I will put any more decorations out though. I found a stray cat ornament my mother sent in the living room, so I hung that up in the bathroom. Probably won't get the dishes out this year, but a festive meal could Perk us both up. Perky Ate a restaurant steak dinner last night with fries, asparagus, and a baked tomato with no ill affects. Will continue healthy cooking at home but I think I can expand the menu a bit.

I hope my fellow veteran is back to his "Perky" Christmas self soon.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:40 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy: wishing you and Michelle a wonderful weekend celebrating Christmas in July. Are you traveling or staying at home? :P

We are heading to the beach for the last day of Christmas in July. We're taking KK (daughter, 20 yrs old) with us. Should be a lot of fun. :elfgrin:

Thanks! We are actually heading to the beach tomorrow which is not the last day of Christmas in July like I was originally thinking. :oops:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Thanks! We are actually heading to the beach tomorrow which is not the last day of Christmas in July like I was originally thinking. :oops:

We've all been a day off this week. I think we are just trying to move Christmas one day closer. :toychase:
Last edited by CandyKane on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

It depends on when you celebrate. Usually we celebrate weekend to weekend for a whole week with christmas only Movies and Music. It has been a bit subdued this year due to illness, heat, and lack of energy. Normally Sunday is "undecorating day" but all I have out are two cat rugs which will need washing, the merry christmas sign, and the cat ornament in the bathroom. I was hoping to go to Copenhagen next CIJ for the Santa World Congress, but we want to take an expensive norway fjörd Cruise for our 10th anniversary, so we shall see.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:54 am

Love Christmas All Year! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:58 am

Over 2100 posts. Christmas in July is going out with a bang. :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 am

I can't wait to see how many Christmas posts we end up with this year. joyelf

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:02 am

CandyKane wrote:I can't wait to see how many Christmas posts we end up with this year. joyelf

I hope the web server can keep up with all our Christmas posts! Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 am

CandyKane wrote:Love Christmas All Year! :smilecc:

I only celebrate Christmas 3 times a year. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. :P :lol: :laugh:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I can't wait to see how many Christmas posts we end up with this year. joyelf

I hope the web server can keep up with all our Christmas posts! Image

Yup because I just love stopping by and sharing random bits of Christmas. :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Love Christmas All Year! :smilecc:

I only celebrate Christmas 3 times a year. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. :P :lol: :laugh:

Love this Christmas post! :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:53 pm

It's funny but after the back to school shopping ends every 'big' thing I buy for my dd is an early Christmas gift. :lol:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Perky's meal is making me hungry for lunch. :lol: So glad you can expand menu options and that way enjoy a little Christmas in July splurge.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:

Those Christmas presents wouldn't last a day with me! :elfgrin:

Too Christmas in July funny. :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:34 pm

We've all been a day off this week. I think we are just trying to move Christmas one day closer. :toychase:

Now that is my Christmas in July secret wish!!!! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter