Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:55 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Merry Monday Christmas! :snowtoast:

It's always a Merry start of the week with you and my Christmas friends here!
:treeswave:

Thank you my Christmas friend!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:55 am

Noel+ wrote:What is your favorite pre-Christmas activity in August? For me it is checking my Christmas gift list and checking - twice! - the list against gifts ready to wrap. I never want to forget anyone at Christmas time! :cheer:

Celebrating Christmas in August!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:59 am

Noel+ wrote:[i]We searched for one last Christmas movie to watch as the sun sets on CIJ but found none of the tv roster. Children - of all ages - miss ABC Family and the classic cartoons they once showed for CIJ. :| [/i]

Oh yeah, we forgot to watch Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July, have to do that this week or next weekend. Can't miss it even if July is over! Yesterday we watched Yeti. Waste of time, Lost meets And Then There Were None. I like Christmas disaster movies, but this won't be a repeat.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:07 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:[i]We searched for one last Christmas movie to watch as the sun sets on CIJ but found none of the tv roster. Children - of all ages - miss ABC Family and the classic cartoons they once showed for CIJ. :| [/i]

Oh yeah, we forgot to watch Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July, have to do that this week or next weekend. Can't miss it even if July is over! Yesterday we watched Yeti. Waste of time, Lost meets And Then There Were None. I like Christmas disaster movies, but this won't be a repeat.

"Lost meets And Then THere Were None". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Two of my favorite movies ..... just not combined for Christmas! :lol: :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

"Lost meets And Then THere Were None". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Two of my favorite movies ..... just not combined for Christmas! :lol: :lol:

it is not worth the time. There are too many good Christmas or other Winter movies out there....I'll be deleting it from the hard drive. It's not the most terrible thing I have seen, but as I said, not worth a repeat. Peter DeLuise was the best thing about it.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:16 am

Well, we did it. And we did it BIG!
As I said in a post earlier, our largest number of Christmas posts in one calendar month was 473 in October of 2015. For the month of July 2016, we had 707 Christmas Posts!!!

The Christmas Spirit is abundant this summer.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:What is your favorite pre-Christmas activity in August? For me it is checking my Christmas gift list and checking - twice! - the list against gifts ready to wrap. I never want to forget anyone at Christmas time! :cheer:

Celebrating Christmas in August!

Now that's a HOT Christmas topic.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 am

August 1st. We are one month closer to Christmas. :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 am

Happy Monday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:52 am

I don't know if I have an August activity? For me it's just that August starts bringing the first real hints of Christmas. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:53 am

146 days left until Christmas! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:55 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Well, we did it. And we did it BIG!
As I said in a post earlier, our largest number of Christmas posts in one calendar month was 473 in October of 2015. For the month of July 2016, we had 707 Christmas Posts!!!

The Christmas Spirit is abundant this summer.

We did our Christmas best that's for sure! :merrysleigh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:59 am

I remember years ago we might go a week without a Christmas post on this thread. And I remember the times where we would post like crazy on the days leading up to Christmas. It is so much fun seeing the flurry of activity. Checking in with your friends and seeing how we each celebrate. :treeclap:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:01 am

CandyKane wrote:I remember years ago we might go a week without a Christmas post on this thread. And I remember the times where we would post like crazy on the days leading up to Christmas. It is so much fun seeing the flurry of activity. Checking in with your friends and seeing how we each celebrate. :treeclap:

Great Christmas fun! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:45 am

well my family beach vacation is done now..today is my first day back at work...UGGGHHHHHH

but that only means it's time to turn my thoughts to christmas.

i was joking with the wife about putting the tree up this week (we wont we always wait until 1st or 2nd week of november)
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:23 am

Pretjah wrote:well my family beach vacation is done now..today is my first day back at work...UGGGHHHHHH

i was joking with the wife about putting the tree up this week (we wont we always wait until 1st or 2nd week of november)

Great to see you again my Christmas friend. I hope your vacation went well. When do the kids go back to school?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:07 pm

Pretjah wrote:well my family beach vacation is done now..today is my first day back at work...UGGGHHHHHH

Hi Pretjah! Glad your beach vacation was a good one but you have been missed. So looking forward to your Christmas posts with us. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello Christmas friend! It's great to see you! :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:15 pm

A gift for Christmas that I ordered last week just arrived. :D Fa la la la la

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:16 pm

2200 Christmas posts!!! :smilecc: :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter