Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:39 pm

CandyKane wrote:Yesterday I got a catalog in the mail and it's just loaded with Christmas stuff like DVDs, books, and decorations. :smilecc:

Where was your Christmas catalog from?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:114 Days till Black Friday Christmas Shopping. :roll:

Funny stores here have "Black Friday" sales even though there is no Thanksgiving Thursday. When I was in Texas, I made it a Point to stay home on Black Friday and the day after Christmas. Too many crazies out there. When I worked for a bank, I had to work both Days anyway. When I was a Church admin, I had the day off and stayed home to either put up the Christmas tree (Thanksgiving) or relax.

I stay home both days also. But Michelle and her mom always shop the day after Christmas. :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Yesterday I got a catalog in the mail and it's just loaded with Christmas stuff like DVDs, books, and decorations. :smilecc:

Traditions. I never got one before and it's not even a Christmas catalog. It just has tons of Christmas stuff in it. :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I added a new Christmas book to my collection today. 'Winter's Gift'. It's about a widower and a lost horse on Christmas Eve. It reminds me of my Dad. That makes me sad and happy all at the same time. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:I added a new Christmas book to my collection today. 'Winter's Gift'. It's about a widower and a lost horse on Christmas Eve. It reminds me of my Dad. That makes me sad and happy all at the same time. :holly1:

Oh I have to order this Christmas story on Amazon right now.. Thanks CK. :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Traditions. I never got one before and it's not even a Christmas catalog. It just has tons of Christmas stuff in it. :elf:

I checked it out. Very nice. I liked it. And yes, a lot of Christmas stuff. :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Just finished reading "The Immortal Nicholas", if you haven't read this book you really need to. It puts a whole new perspective on St. Nicholas.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:01 pm

The humidity here is something awful but at least I have my Christmas movies and music to remind me there are colder days ahead.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:21 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished reading "The Immortal Nicholas", if you haven't read this book you really need to. It puts a whole new perspective on St. Nicholas.

Is it historically accurate? If it is, I'm putting it on my Christmas list. :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 pm

ksrjreed wrote:The humidity here is something awful but at least I have my Christmas movies and music to remind me there are colder days ahead.

I know what you mean Christmas friend. It was 87 here with a heat index of 101.
Sticky! Yuck!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:31 am

CandyKane wrote:I added a new Christmas book to my collection today. 'Winter's Gift'. It's about a widower and a lost horse on Christmas Eve. It reminds me of my Dad. That makes me sad and happy all at the same time. :holly1:

Just requested an order of Traditions. I received this catalog some Christmas past, but now want to receive it for the holidays. Thanks CK! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:33 am

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished reading "The Immortal Nicholas", if you haven't read this book you really need to. It puts a whole new perspective on St. Nicholas.

'
Yes it is a lovely Christmas time book to read. Well...........anyh time all year. Glad you enjoyed it too. :santa:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:35 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:The humidity here is something awful but at least I have my Christmas movies and music to remind me there are colder days ahead.

I know what you mean Christmas friend. It was 87 here with a heat index of 101.
Sticky! Yuck!

Mega Dittos here: 107F today with 70% humidity which is high in the desert plains. The long weekend averages 119-111F. It's time for lower cooler temps all across this country now. :|

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:31 am

Merry Fa La La La Friday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:33 am

gOOD mORNING! My Christmas friends let's start the weekend with a full Christmas heart!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:40 am

142 Days Until Christmas! :blinky1: :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:42 am

Here at work someone shared a Grandin catalog from last year. It was filled with the end of Harvest autumn designs and new pthen] Christmas designs. We had such fun talking about decorating for Christmas early this year. Our hearts are in the mood but 110F temperatures make it hard to conceive of once home. :angelmerry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:43 am

Just ordered a 3ft tree for our living room this year. Nowadays we place the large tree in our family room where we eat and watch Hallmark Christmas movies. Our living room has wreath, garland and candle rings wth decorations, but I always wanted a little tree too. I love Christmas lights and this tabletop tree seems perfect. Except.........I also always wanted a small tree in our bedroom. So............decisions, decisions, decision. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:46 am

2260 Christmas posts!!! :hohat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter