Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:08 am

Be happy Christmas friends! It's Friday! :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:28 am

Noel+ wrote:Just ordered a 3ft tree for our living room this year. Nowadays we place the large tree in our family room where we eat and watch Hallmark Christmas movies. Our living room has wreath, garland and candle rings wth decorations, but I always wanted a little tree too. I love Christmas lights and this tabletop tree seems perfect. Except.........I also always wanted a small tree in our bedroom. So............decisions, decisions, decision. :wink:

Merry Friday Christmas! We put a 4 ft tree in the living room. European apartments are very small by US standards, and a 2 ft tree on top of the book shelf in the kitchen. It is where I spend most of my non working hours cooking, doing dishes, etc, so I like it. I am in charge of the 2 ft tree and put it up as close to American Thanksgiving as I can. Perky is in charge of the Swedish 4 ft tree and he puts it up on the 23rd as per tradition. We put a few Christmas stuffed animals around the bed room shelves, but hubby is not allowed to put lights in there. I can't sleep. I would like to find a Swedish straw star with no lights for the window. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:05 am

CandyKane wrote:Be happy Christmas friends! It's Friday! :santadance:

That is definitely one reason for Christmas joy. :merrysanta: joyelf

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just ordered a 3ft tree for our living room this year. Nowadays we place the large tree in our family room where we eat and watch Hallmark Christmas movies. Our living room has wreath, garland and candle rings wth decorations, but I always wanted a little tree too. I love Christmas lights and this tabletop tree seems perfect. Except.........I also always wanted a small tree in our bedroom. So............decisions, decisions, decision. :wink:

Merry Friday Christmas! We put a 4 ft tree in the living room. European apartments are very small by US standards, and a 2 ft tree on top of the book shelf in the kitchen. It is where I spend most of my non working hours cooking, doing dishes, etc, so I like it. I am in charge of the 2 ft tree and put it up as close to American Thanksgiving as I can. Perky is in charge of the Swedish 4 ft tree and he puts it up on the 23rd as per tradition. We put a few Christmas stuffed animals around the bed room shelves, but hubby is not allowed to put lights in there. I can't sleep. I would like to find a Swedish straw star with no lights for the window. :scene:

JOLLY that sounds like practical Christmas cheer to me. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:38 am

the last two days at work i've been watching old home improvement holiday episodes

Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

man this show holds up so well.
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Pretjah wrote:the last two days at work i've been watching old home improvement holiday episodes

Those are some of the best Christmas episodes. We watched the series recently and it does stand the test of time. Even the clothes are not all that dated. (then again I am from the 80's and loved long skirts and big shirts.........).
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Pretjah wrote:the last two days at work i've been watching old home improvement holiday episodes

Home Improvement Christmas episodes are still the best! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 pm

CandyKane wrote:

Home Improvement Christmas episodes are still the best! :smilecc:

Absolutely! They are so Christmas cute! Great to have you back again Pretjah. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Just finished reading "The Immortal Nicholas", if you haven't read this book you really need to. It puts a whole new perspective on St. Nicholas.

Is it historically accurate? If it is, I'm putting it on my Christmas list. :santa:

Yes, it is historically accurate. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:33 am

ksrjreed wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Just finished reading "The Immortal Nicholas", if you haven't read this book you really need to. It puts a whole new perspective on St. Nicholas.

Is it historically accurate? If it is, I'm putting it on my Christmas list. :santa:

Yes, it is historically accurate. :smilecc:

Sounds like a Christmas book I would like. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:35 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends! :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:36 am

Only 141 days left until Christmas! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 am

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:28 am

Yesterday very early morning we finally had a storm cross our house with rain! It rained for over an hour! YAY! Total Christmas joy! :sing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:30 am

Last evening we saw Star Trek Beyond. It is a good movie with several tribute to the 50th Anniversary of the universe. There is one touching moment near the end that brought tears to my eyes. If you love this crew and universe, you will enjoy the movie. A nicepre-Christmas treat! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:30 am

Where is our Christmas Crazy? He's been MIA for 24 hours now? Don't think we don't notice when you are gone Christmas elf! Enjoy your weekend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:31 am

And Jolly must be on Caturday duties for we also miss this Christmas friend this morning. Give Zoe & ZZelda a pat on the head for us. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:18 am

Noel+ wrote:And Jolly must be on Caturday duties for we also miss this Christmas friend this morning. Give Zoe & ZZelda a pat on the head for us. :D

Zoe and Zelma have their Caturday pictures on facebook this morning.
We (or rather "I") am catching up on chores this weekend.
I could definitely lay down for a nap and sleep until Christmas.
We made a second attempt at giving Zoe a "butt trim". She seemed to like the process but the shaver is cheap, makes a nice comb. I know it's not Christmas related, but does anyone have any personal experience with pet shavers/trimmers? If so, what brand?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Jolly this Cristmas elf gave up on pet trimmers years ago. They never work properly for very long. Hope someone else knows of a better brand now. Hope your Saturday is an end to your chore list for the weekend.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:45 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly this Cristmas elf gave up on pet trimmers years ago. They never work properly for very long. Hope someone else knows of a better brand now. Hope your Saturday is an end to your chore list for the weekend.

Well, the "hygiene" issues need to be handled regularly and a big trim cost 1000 SEK and they put her to sleep which I don't really like. Pet groomers are few and far between at the North Pole. She is such a calm cat we thought we could do it ourselves. She was quite calm yesterday, the trimmer was just ineffective. If I could go back in time, I would leave myself a note to take her short haired brother instead. Perky says the personality is in the hair.....maybe. She has her mother's winning personality while her shorter haired sister does not. She will be getting a new trimmer as an early Christmas present.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter