Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:52 pm

CandyKane wrote:Anyone watching the Olympics? I haven't watched much. Just mostly the news highlights. I wonder if the reindeer are having Olympic Games to get in shape for Christmas. :snowdeer: :rudolph: :reindeer2: :blinky1:

We've been watching gymnastics and swimming. Some cycling and basketball.
Reindeer Olympics? :think: Sounds Christmasy. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:06 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I placed my Avon order today. Halloween and Christmas items should start showing up I the books soon. :shop:

My tree has arrived. What did you order for Christmas?

Yay! Hope you love your new tree. :treewiggle: Avon had 3 wick candles on sale so I got one for me and one for a gift. I love their Christmas scented candles. They should be in the books soon. :treeclap:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:06 pm

CandyKane wrote:Yay! Hope you love your new tree. :treewiggle: Avon had 3 wick candles on sale so I got one for me and one for a gift. I love their Christmas scented candles. They should be in the books soon. :treeclap:

Yes the Avon candles are pretty and smell wonderful. What a great Christmas gift! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Anyone watching the Olympics? I haven't watched much. Just mostly the news highlights. I wonder if the reindeer are having Olympic Games to get in shape for Christmas. :snowdeer: :rudolph: :reindeer2: :blinky1:

We've been watching gymnastics and swimming. Some cycling and basketball.
Reindeer Olympics? :think: Sounds Christmasy. :D

There were so many commercials - so often - that we stopped watching prime time. We watch late night - sort sport via Directv - and catch up with those we enjoy. Swimming, gynaastics, 4K were fabulous performances and gold metals for the USA. We cheered with our best Cristmas roars. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:09 pm

for me, the fun comes in the decorating not putting up the tree itself. As a short, round person, putting up the 6 ft tree by myself was a Christmas challenge.
Jennifer Lundgren

I can relate to the difficulty of reaching the top fourth of a large Christmas tree. Ours in the family room is always a bit more sparse than the rest of the tree. I use a step ladder, but our ladder is too wobbly for me. Still I love the Christmas lights so much and use them everywhere I can throughout the house. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 am

CandyKane wrote:I placed my Avon order today. Halloween and Christmas items should start showing up I the books soon. :shop:

Are you an Avon dealer? That would be too Christmas cool!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:01 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!

Time to think about Christmas decorating. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:09 am

Who is thinking of decorating for Autumn early this year? I am! And then I can decorate early for Christmas!! Well....I dream this every year but usually school, work, family and church activities jam pack my schedule. :peekleaves2: :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:10 am

The Americans rocked the olympic swimming and diving contests last night. Woot! Woot! and Christmas cheers. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Are you an Avon dealer? That would be too Christmas cool!

No I buy from a friend. I order a little throughout the year but a lot at Christmas time. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:09 am

Only 138 days left until Christmas! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:52 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm longing for some Christmas cookies and milk.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Next week I'm gonna binge watch 'The Ranch' on Netflix. I love Sam Elliott. I've watched a few episodes and I can't watch it around the kiddo because of bad language and content. I know if it's inappropriate I shouldn't watch it either but did I mention I love Sam Elliott. He's great in everything including one of my favorite Christmas movies 'Prancer'. :reindeer2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:18 pm

There are over 20,000 posts in the Holiday Chatter section. That's sharing a lot of Christmas! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:21 pm

We just need 9 posts everyday to reach our goal of 3500 Christmas posts. We are gonna shatter our record! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 pm

CandyKane wrote:We just need 9 posts everyday to reach our goal of 3500 Christmas posts. We are gonna shatter our record! :smilecc:

Here's a toast to shattering our previous Christmas posts record this year!!!! :smilecc: :smilecc: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:There are over 20,000 posts in the Holiday Chatter section. That's sharing a lot of Christmas! :smilecc:

:scene: :shop: :snowgirl:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:55 pm

CandyKane wrote:We just need 9 posts everyday to reach our goal of 3500 Christmas posts. We are gonna shatter our record! :smilecc:

ImageImage
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:40 pm

What if we each made 9 posts a day?! WOW! It would be a Christmas bonanza of total posts!! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:29 pm

9 Christmas posts a day huh? No problem! :hohat:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter