Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:21 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I think I've found my next Christmas project.
I got inspired when I saw this mailbox at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Now that is a very cool Christmas project, CC! Hope you post a picture of your project when it is finished so we all can admire it! :feedbird:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:51 am

Noel+ wrote:Who wears Christmas jewelry all through the season? [I do!] :balloon:

I have two pairs of red/green bead earrings that do not necessarily scream "Christmas" that I wear when I need a pick me up. Perky calls them "Christmas anytime" earrings.

Perky's MRI was normal but he had to go see the vampires again this morning.
Please pray for either completely normal results or for something definable to appear.
This "there's something wrong but we don't know what" is as stressful as late Christmas shopping.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:53 am

Noel+ wrote:Does anyone know of a Christmas dvd/bluray tht shows snowy landscape with just nature sounds? I love the sound of the wind in the woods and the sound of snow crunching below your feet. We had one once long ago but so far I have not been able to find another one to replace it. Thanks for thinking it over fellow Elves. :D

Christmas in Yellowstone is relaxing but there is narration. It's like the old Disney nature films, so not so bad.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 am

Noel+ wrote:There is one thing I have yet to find a lasting answer to a Christmas dilemma. As you know I decorate with an artifical tree here for safety. I have tried dozens of Christmas Pine/Balsam/Fir tree sprays, ornaments, sticks, beads, melting wax and candles to simulate the authentic smell of a live tree. The thing is none of them truly smell exactly like a tree but also the aroma only carries in the air in a small area in the house. I still use the candles and other items but if you have a permanent solution idea I would really appreciate your sharing it with all of us. Thanks. :treeclap:

The ex husband used pot pouri (sp) made with real Christmas tree needles and pine cones. I have no clue where you would find some, you might try a nursery. I might add that it had the same affect on my allergies as a regular tree, so if that is a problem, potpourri is not the solution. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:48 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Who wears Christmas jewelry all through the season? [I do!] :balloon:

Please pray for either completely normal results or for something definable to appear.
This "there's something wrong but we don't know what" is as stressful as late Christmas shopping.

Prayers for Perkys tests and health and your peace of heart Jolly. Please keep us updated. Christmas Hugs

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:41 am

man this morning was beautiful...slight breeze not hot, not cold, sucks i'm sitting in an office now

but christmas season is coming soon
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Happy Wednesday Christmas friends. :ornwave:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Pretjah wrote:man this morning was beautiful...slight breeze not hot, not cold, sucks i'm sitting in an office now

Keep thinking those happy Christmas thoughts. It won't be long now. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Noel+ wrote:Sometimes I hide Christmas gifts in the oddest places and then find them much later. While looking in one of my totes I found one I intend for a close friend. Now I can wrap it and display it with Christmas decorations and surprise my friend when they visit the house during the season! This makes my morning and my heart smiles! :opengifts: :ornasmile:

I love finding those little bits of Christmas throughout the year. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Noel+ wrote:There is one thing I have yet to find a lasting answer to a Christmas dilemma. As you know I decorate with an artifical tree here for safety. I have tried dozens of Christmas Pine/Balsam/Fir tree sprays, ornaments, sticks, beads, melting wax and candles to simulate the authentic smell of a live tree. The thing is none of them truly smell exactly like a tree but also the aroma only carries in the air in a small area in the house. I still use the candles and other items but if you have a permanent solution idea I would really appreciate your sharing it with all of us. Thanks. :treeclap:

For me there is no substitution for a real Christmas tree smell. As you know I grew up with cedar trees. Even though I use an artificial tree now I still use cedar branches in decorations. The smell doesn't last past a few days so I simply discard those branches and replace them with fresh. :treehat: :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:22 pm

I love this. This would be a perfect addition to my Christmas decor. The distressed paint is a nice touch. :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:25 pm

I have several Christmas bracelets that I wear. I also have some tree shaped earrings I like to wear. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Thinking about Christmas cards today. Do you use the same image card for everyone or use an assortment? I like assorted cards that why I can pick the perfect one for each person/family. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Pretjah wrote:man this morning was beautiful...slight breeze not hot, not cold, sucks i'm sitting in an office now

Happy your morning was so beautiful Pretjah. We all are looking forward to Christmas too. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:42 pm

CandyKane wrote:Thinking about Christmas cards today. Do you use the same image card for everyone or use an assortment? I like assorted cards that why I can pick the perfect one for each person/family. :scene:

I purchase separate boxes of Christmas designs and enjoy selecting an appropriate card for each person. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

I have two pairs of red/green bead earrings that do not necessarily scream "Christmas" that I wear when I need a pick me up. Perky calls them "Christmas anytime" earrings.

I hope they find out what's wrong very soon my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Now that is a very cool Christmas project, CC! Hope you post a picture of your project when it is finished so we all can admire it! :feedbird:

I sure will. I hope I can get it done between surgeries and before Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Christmas is coming and so are the BERS!
So excited!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:13 pm

CandyKane wrote:Thinking about Christmas cards today. Do you use the same image card for everyone or use an assortment? I like assorted cards that why I can pick the perfect one for each person/family. :scene:

We usually send out a family picture Christmas card every year.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Christmas Crazy, are you having more surgery?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter