Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:46 am

Also I just watched Puternut's 2015 Christmas video. Lovely! I just needed to see itone more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5xi34CZa8A

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:25 am

Noel+ wrote:Last night I dreamed my Christmas memories were a movie! Nowadays I am not sure most people would relate to quiet country snow-covered farm/land and home folk celebrations. They are the joy of my heart though. Simple and true.

Noel your Christmas past is my Christmas past and present. :scene: I can't imagine living anywhere else. Just curious as to how you ended up far away from your country upbringing. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:27 am

Noel+ wrote:which metallic do you prefer to decorate with at Christmas time? I prefer silver and mixing textures of antiqued, shiny and matt. :holly1:

I prefer silver in my Christmas decorating too. :merrygift:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:54 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Last night I dreamed my Christmas memories were a movie! Nowadays I am not sure most people would relate to quiet country snow-covered farm/land and home folk celebrations. They are the joy of my heart though. Simple and true.

Noel your Christmas past is my Christmas past and present. :scene: I can't imagine living anywhere else. Just curious as to how you ended up far away from your country upbringing. :holly1:

It wasn't by choice but necessity. My husband lost his job in the bad economy and we took the available job. Life throws you curveball sometimes. The rest of my family loves Summer but I miss 4 seasons country living.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

It wasn't by choice but necessity. My husband lost his job in the bad economy and we took the available job. Life throws you curveball sometimes. The rest of my family loves Summer but I miss 4 seasons country living.

Adulting is tough but you've made the best of your situation. We have 4 seasons here. Sometimes in the same day. Lol :laugh: Glad Christmas comes no matter where we live. :smilecc: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:45 am

Tonight we are watching Amaazon Prime movies. A Christmas movie I particularly enjoyed was The Winter Stallion. The setting is a farm in Wales. Try it sometime. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:45 am

Tonight we are watching Amazon Prime movies. A Christmas movie I particularly enjoyed was The Winter Stallion. The setting is a farm in Wales. Try it sometime. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:47 am

Noel+ wrote:Tonight we are watching Amaazon Prime movies. A Christmas movie I particularly enjoyed was The Winter Stallion. The setting is a farm in Wales. Try it sometime. :wink:

I need a good Christmas movie for this rainy day. Thanks for the suggestion. :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:48 am

Happy Sunday Christmas friends. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:49 am

We are one day closer to Christmas! :orn1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:50 am

Only 132 days left until Christmas. :bell1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Noel+ wrote:Tonight we are watching Amazon Prime movies. A Christmas movie I particularly enjoyed was The Winter Stallion. The setting is a farm in Wales. Try it sometime. :wink:

It's not Christmas, but I just watched Snow Dogs on YouTube. One of my favorite Winter Movies. I just checked to see if they had a soundtrack for it, no luck.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:Tonight we are watching Amaazon Prime movies. A Christmas movie I particularly enjoyed was The Winter Stallion. The setting is a farm in Wales. Try it sometime. :wink:

Couldn't talk the family into this one but we watched 'A Madea Christmas'. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:33 pm

This rain and cool weather is really putting me in the Christmas Spirit. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Sitting here on this hot and humid Sunday watching A Christmas Story. One day closer to Christmas and one day closer to cooler more comfortable weather. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Tonight we are watching Amazon Prime movies. A Christmas movie I particularly enjoyed was The Winter Stallion. The setting is a farm in Wales. Try it sometime. :wink:

It's not Christmas, but I just watched Snow Dogs on YouTube. One of my favorite Winter Movies. I just checked to see if they had a soundtrack for it, no luck.

Even though it is not a Christmas movie it is fun! :santa:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:

Couldn't talk the family into this one but we watched 'A Madea Christmas'. :smilecc:

Any Christmas movie is better than none and Madea is a funny one. Hope someday, when you're alone, you can enjoy Winter Stalllion. :santa:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:02 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Sitting here on this hot and humid Sunday watching A Christmas Story. One day closer to Christmas and one day closer to cooler more comfortable weather. :smilecc:

Righty now [color=#008000]I consider cooler weather the first necessity for feeling like Christmas is just around the corner. We're still going to be near 110F this week. Hope your pre-Christmas weather is much cooler ksrjreed! :snowwow: [/color]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Merry Spiritual Sunday Christmas!!
Jesus is the reason for the sesason! :nav2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Today on Prime we are going to watch again Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Action/adventure movies are such fun! Then we are watching some Christmas cartoons on youtube. :popcorn: :balloon:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter