Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:My morning coffee brought this classic Christmas commercial to mind
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kNl7cQdcU :D

This retro commercial is a sentimental Christmas favorite of mine. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Well, it is starting to happen. Most of you on here know that I have two children with Autism, well my son who is 12 and is still in love with Thomas the Tank, in fact he will sit for hours watching Youtube videos about Thomas the Tank and the different trains that go along with it. He came home from school today and as watching one of the videos and they were showing a kid getting some of the trains and "unboxing" (his word)them, I asked him who it was and if he wanted it and he said "Santa will get it for me", he may not know how to tie his shoes but he knows who Santa is and what Santa does, I will take that as a even trade. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:45 am

ksrjreed That is a deeply moving account. Your son is demonstrating his trust in gifts from a heart of Christmas love. It brings tears to my eyes. Thankyou for sharing your joywith us. :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:15 am

ksrjreed wrote:Well, it is starting to happen. Most of you on here know that I have two children with Autism, well my son who is 12 and is still in love with Thomas the Tank, in fact he will sit for hours watching Youtube videos about Thomas the Tank and the different trains that go along with it. He came home from school today and as watching one of the videos and they were showing a kid getting some of the trains and "unboxing" (his word)them, I asked him who it was and if he wanted it and he said "Santa will get it for me", he may not know how to tie his shoes but he knows who Santa is and what Santa does, I will take that as a even trade. :smilecc:

That is so great! Thank you for sharing. Christmas wil be extra special for your family this year. :thumbs:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:16 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends! joyelf

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:17 am

We're one day closer to Christmas. :toychase:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:42 am

Listening to Christmas music and trying to clean but it is feeling more and more like Saturday is calling and will get into something else instead, probably something Christmas related of course. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:13 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Well, it is starting to happen. Most of you on here know that I have two children with Autism, well my son who is 12 and is still in love with Thomas the Tank, in fact he will sit for hours watching Youtube videos about Thomas the Tank and the different trains that go along with it. He came home from school today and as watching one of the videos and they were showing a kid getting some of the trains and "unboxing" (his word)them, I asked him who it was and if he wanted it and he said "Santa will get it for me", he may not know how to tie his shoes but he knows who Santa is and what Santa does, I will take that as a even trade. :smilecc:

That is so awesome and sweet. He's a true Christmas believer.
The bell will forever ring for him. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:15 pm

CandyKane wrote:My morning coffee brought this classic Christmas commercial to mind
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kNl7cQdcU :D

Their cans even came in Christmas colors. Red and green.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:16 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Listening to Christmas music and trying to clean but it is feeling more and more like Saturday is calling and will get into something else instead, probably something Christmas related of course. :smilecc:

Good luck my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Merry Saturday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:44 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Listening to Christmas music and trying to clean but it is feeling more and more like Saturday is calling and will get into something else instead, probably something Christmas related of course. :smilecc:

My Saturday started the same way ksrjreed! I need tovacuum, etc, but it just seemed time for a Cristmas movie! Cheers! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:46 pm

We are thinking of new garlands we can make for our Christmas tree this year. Last year, with the new tree, we did not have a garland. Since I only used new white and silver ornaments, it was impossible to find one in that color. So........any suggestions?

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Amazon sent us an email of the movies we watched this summer, and they noted "numerous Christmas movies". :wink: :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Right now it is 102F with a few tiny clouds in the sky. I now dream of rain instead of snow just so the temperatures are cooler. Of course my ultimate dream is for a White Christmas............even in the desert!! :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:01 pm

This morning I needed a little Christmas humor. Try this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgP0aUKlmNw

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Here's my winter wonderland accompanied by Burl IVes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcj749wMIU

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:03 pm

A little Rudolph and toys this Christmas dreamer remembers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH1j1luFOw

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:04 pm

A little nostalgia with the hope of Christmas in this Polar Express clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bpZTz3_A70

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter