Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:39 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:41 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I'm sitting in the living room watching the 2014 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Rockettes were just on. And I swear the smell of a turkey cooking keeps coming from kitchen. *Wishing thinking*
Now I'm just waiting for Santa to show up and start the Christmas season. :santa:

The Rockettes put on a Christmas in August show to promote the Christmas show and celebrate the start of ticket sales. If you check youtube tomorrow, you might see some clips. I bet they were hot out there today. :rockettes: :rudolph1:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am

I was looking for some "alaskan" christmas Music. No luck........but I did find this:
It's not Christmas, but is the closest thing this Sami artist has:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAFySe9 ... 05632E12FD

I really wish she would do a Christmas album. Sami are the Lapplander indigenous Culture. As an almost anthropology student, seeing blonde haired and blue eyed "inuits" is fascinating. The God of Christmas created some truly Amazing people Groups. Some of her songs are in English on this album. I Think I'm going to put it on my Christmas list.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:55 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:25 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I'm sitting in the living room watching the 2014 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Rockettes were just on. And I swear the smell of a turkey cooking keeps coming from kitchen. *Wishing thinking*
Now I'm just waiting for Santa to show up and start the Christmas season. :santa:

Christmas doesn't officially start for me until I see Santa at the end of the Macy's parade. :merrysleigh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:28 am

I was thinking about ordering new address labels for my Christmas cards but I have so many now that I really need to use up. Must resist...must resist :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:47 am

CandyKane wrote:I was thinking about ordering new address labels for my Christmas cards but I have so many now that I really need to use up. Must resist...must resist :elf:

Just remember how wonderful Christmas will be when you are debt free!!! Image
All the little things add up.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas in Augusr! Working at home until my diabetic check, then having dinner tonight with Perky. Might be able to squeeze in a Christmas movie or at least a tv episode.

Hope your diabetic check is a good one Jolly. The rest of your evening sounds perfect sharing Christmas movies with Perky. Enjoy. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:04 am

ksrjreed wrote:Merry Thursday to everyone, trying to get some stuff done around the house before the fun really begins (sarcasm). We have to work a volleyball concession stand tonight but before that we have to go to Sam's Club and restock the stand (life of Band Boosters), but I do enjoy my trips to Sam's because I am always on the lookout for their first signs of Christmas or fall this year with how hot it has been. :smilecc:

We Christmas lovers are always on the look out, even in summer, for Christmas bargains! ksrjreed enjoy your evening. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I was thinking about ordering new address labels for my Christmas cards but I have so many now that I really need to use up. Must resist...must resist :elf:

Just remember how wonderful Christmas will be when you are debt free!!! Image
All the little things add up.

Thanks Christmas friend! That's just the encouragement I needed today. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 am

CandyKane wrote::jump: My Christmas snow happy dance I hope to be doing on Christmas Eve.

That makes two Christmas elves a dancing! :pile: :cold: :snovel:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:08 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I was looking for some "alaskan" christmas Music. No luck........but I did find this:

I really wish she would do a Christmas album. Sami are the Lapplander indigenous Culture. As an almost anthropology student, seeing blonde haired and blue eyed "inuits" is fascinating. The God of Christmas created some truly Amazing people Groups. Some of her songs are in English on this album. I Think I'm going to put it on my Christmas list.

Thanks Jolly for some Christmas education. And I totally agree that our God is an awesome artistic creator of nature and peoples. Our little Christmas tribe is also a great one! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 am

My Christmas 'must resist' list is way way too long! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Re: Christmas 2016Merry Than

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:11 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!

Thankfully just 4 months until Christmas Day!! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:12 am

Happy Rudolph Day!
Christmas is a coming!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:13 am

Over 15 Christmas posts completed so far today by all of us!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:50 am

Christmas Joy has filled my heart today. The next 4 months are the best time of the year.
One week from today is September 1st. The beginning of the BERS.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas in Augusr! Working at home until my diabetic check, then having dinner tonight with Perky. Might be able to squeeze in a Christmas movie or at least a tv episode.

Hope your diabetic check is a good one Jolly. The rest of your evening sounds perfect sharing Christmas movies with Perky. Enjoy. :D

Except for the nurse being not pleased with my bp, which I thought was quite good, it was fine. Didn't say a Word about my blood work so all was good. She asked what I had been doing. I said we were sick for all of July and then for two weeks ate Perky's ulcer diet......it should be fantastic! I am unclear if I see her in a month about the bp or the dr. I was a thrilled as a kid on Christmas morning. 'The first time she took it, it was 155/100. She took five minutes and left me to try to relax and then it was 135/95 so I don't really see the problem. Hopefully they will give me at least enough meds to last through the Texas trip. My poor mother thought we were coming for Christmas. I had to tell her it was only Thanksgiving. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:I was looking for some "alaskan" christmas Music. No luck........but I did find this:

Thanks Jolly for some Christmas education. And I totally agree that our God is an awesome artistic creator of nature and peoples. Our little Christmas tribe is also a great one! :smilecc:

Perky's great grandmother was fullblooded Samí. He said his grandmother was a mirror image of the great grandmother. Unfortunately, he is one generation too far removed to be considered a member of the Samí nation, but he is proud of his heritage. I wish we had time to study the Culture more. If I had grown up here, I would have tried to learn Finnish, Swedish and Samí the three major languages of Sweden's past. Christmas in Lappland must be quite special. I Think Donal Skeehan, the irish kitchen hero has a Christmas special filmed in Northern sweden. I was also surprised to learn that the Russian Orthodox Church is a big influence up there as Russians of generations past have taken refuge there for various political reasons. Many communities celebrate Christmas according to the orthodox calendar.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:53 pm

JOLLY by medical standards your BP is high. The lower number should ideally be 80 or below. Take it at home and it probably is lower. Awesome your BG level must be good. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter