Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:14 am

3000 Christmas posts! How awesome is that. :rockettes:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:15 am

Happy Thursday Christmas friends. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:16 am

We're another day closer to Christmas. :snowdeer:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:23 am

ksrjreed wrote:Question of the day:
You have a child that is a freshman in high school that happens to be autistic and still believes in Santa, do you let the dream live or do you have the talk with her before another kid kills her dreams first?

It's tough being a parent isn't it. I personally would let her believe as long as she can. As I began to doubt as a child, Mom always told me Santa and the Magic of Christmas are real ax long as YOU believe. I'd say if she's made it this long in school without being told by another child, then they respect her enough not to hurt her by saying anything. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:28 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:30 am

Happy September 1st as we countdown to Christmas!

Ao hopeful cooler weather will even prevail in Phoenix!!

As we begin our long weekend tomorrow, wishing everyone safe travels, great fun and even better food to eat! Cheer on your family -- your team -- your life!

I will be checking in but we plan to travel 'way up north' for some real Autumn landscaping! Enjoy your first day of September!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:40 am

CandyKane wrote:
You have a child that is a freshman in high school that happens to be autistic and still believes in Santa, do you let the dream live or do you have the talk with her before another kid kills her dreams first?

It's tough being a parent isn't it. I personally would let her believe as long as she can. As I began to doubt as a child, Mom always told me Santa and the Magic of Christmas are real ax long as YOU believe. I'd say if she's made it this long in school without being told by another child, then they respect her enough not to hurt her by saying anything. :smilecc:

Beautiful advice ksrjreed! Children hold Christmas in their hearts forever. :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:42 am

[quote="CandyKane"]3000 Christmas posts! How awesome is that. :rockettes:[/quote ]

Supercalichristmasfragilisticexpealadoshus!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Has anyone seen this little guy anywhere?
I would love to get him for Michelle this Christmas.

Too Christmas cute! I want one too. :snowgirl:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:This will be our first Christmas without one of our kids being home.
They grow up and everything changes. You know that's the way it's supposed to be, but it ain't easy.
:|

Life is a series of embracing and releasing. Letting our children fly away after years of giving them wings, is bittersweet. May your new Christmas celebrations with Michelle be filled with wonderful new traditions as you create new memories together. Blessings. :angelmerry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:48 am

CandyKane wrote:Happy Thursday Christmas friends. :scene:

Happy 1st day of SeptmBER to you too CandyKane! Christmas is closer day by day. :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:49 am

ksrjreed wrote:With tomorrow being the first day of meteorological fall the Mrs. and myself count it as the start of the season, so we went ahead today and retrieved our fall décor from the closet which made both of us happy and sad at the same time. Happy for the change in the season, sad because to get to the box with fall décor in it we had to look right and move the Christmas boxes. Is it to early for a light Christmas decorating?

The question is rhetorical for me, those on here who have paid attention we are at 15 days and the magic starts happening. :smilecc:

Every year, ksrjreed, you inspire me to decorate for Autumn sooner so I can begin Christmas decorating earlier too! Thanks! :peekleaves2: :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:56 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Well, we did it. And we did it BIG!
As I said in a post earlier, our largest number of Christmas posts in one calendar month was 473 in October of 2015. For the month of July 2016, we had 707 Christmas Posts!!!

The Christmas Spirit is abundant this summer.

Well, we did it again. And we did it bigger!
Last month we had 707 Christmas posts.
For the month of August 2016, we had 830 Christmas Posts!!!
The Christmas Spirit is extremely abundant this summer.Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:57 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:11 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
As I said in a post earlier, our largest number of Christmas posts in one calendar month was 473 in October of 2015. For the month of July 2016, we had 707 Christmas Posts!!!

Christmas cheers to all of us! :shop: :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:23 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

As a non parent, of course, I have the best advice. *Teasing on that, but if I were that Child I would want the magic to continue as long as possible. If they start asking questions or come home when someone has spoiled the Dream, you can say that for your family the magic will Always continue as much as they want it to. Hopefully it won't happen anytime soon. Christmas is in the heart, mind, and attitude as we all know.

Great advice Jolly!!!
Your Christmas heart beats strong. (It sounds like Jingle Bells) :P

So THAT's what the nurse was hearing.......my heart beating out Christmas tunes and she just thought it was fast. :laugh:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 am

:whistle: :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:13 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

We are too Christmas awesome! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 am

There is just something about September that really brings out the Christmas Spirit. :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:19 am

CandyKane wrote:There is just something about September that really brings out the Christmas Spirit. :carolbells:

Absolutely. As the BER months begin the Spirit of Christmas joyfully rises. :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter