Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:20 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:22 am

Only 106 days until Christmas :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:23 am

Glad you enjoyed your visits and your Christmas shopping Noel. :shop: :merrygift:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:25 am

Noel+ wrote:A neighbor noticed my autumnal decorations outside and was invited inside to view the decorations too. She said she thought I had 'overdone' it. Who - moi?!?! :lol: For the first time in my life I have autumn garlands, wreaths, swags, pumpkins large/small/medium/tiny in every since room. I love it. Of course when it is 105F outside I may have overdone it ........... a bit. :oops:

If your Fall and Christmas decorations bring you happiness, there's no way they are overdone. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:28 am

Noel+ wrote:I had a spell of clumsiness this week so I wonder if the Halloween fae are sneakly at work? I broke my favorite Christmas swhite snowflake Scentsy fragrance warmer. It had been a lavish spend for me at work several years ago. I have loved it ever since. Walmart had a cute Love, Life, and Love one I can now use all year long. Still I will miss the snowflake shape bouncing off the walls. :|

I'm so sorry Noel. It's a horrible feeling to break a favorite Christmas decoration. Hope you can find a replacement you'll love just as much. :snowgirl:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:32 am

It looks like eBay has several different snowflake scentsy warmers. You might find one like you had. Or you might find a different Christmas one you like. :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:It looks like eBay has several different snowflake scentsy warmers. You might find one like you had. Or you might find a different Christmas one you like. :hohat:

Thanks CK. Checking on it now. What Christmas joy. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:41 pm

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:55 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:A neighbor noticed my autumnal decorations outside and was invited inside to view the decorations too. She said she thought I had 'overdone' it. Who - moi?!?! :lol: For the first time in my life I have autumn garlands, wreaths, swags, pumpkins large/small/medium/tiny in every since room. I love it. Of course when it is 105F outside I may have overdone it ........... a bit. :oops:

If your Fall and Christmas decorations bring you happiness, there's no way they are overdone. :rabstar:

I have to agree Candy,

I get the same response with all my Christmas décor, and the only thing I can say to people is that it brings me happiness as well as my family so that is all that matters to me. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Had a decent day today, where basically if it could go wrong with my yard work today, it did. Thankfully I was listening to Christmas music while I was going through this trying day and it made the problems a little less troublesome.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Merry Sunday Christmas!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Here is my homemade Autumn wreath. The leaf twig base and spray items were all bought at the dollar store! It hangs in my dining area and will stay there until I replace it with my Christmas one.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:22 pm

May we all remember the brave Americans who perished on September 11,2001 that embodied the true American spirit. There families have shared 15 Christmases without their loved ones. Never Forget! :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Who is not singing Christmas ditties in their minds? There is something about Autumn that brings Christmas so very close to mind and heart. Yay - sing away! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Is there a 'national klutz day'?! I think I would be at the top of the list. Yesterday late afternoon I fell going out the front door! I am so stiff and sore; not to mention the chest pains. Afterwards, I was just determined to heal before Christmas!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:26 pm

CandyKane wrote:Christmas in Dixie :smilecc:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOGZJvNa8S4

Too Christmas cute!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:26 pm

How are our fellow Christmas elves Jolly & Christmas Crazy doing? We miss ya!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Over done it?! Is that even possible? That's like having to much Christmas Spirit. No such thing! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Noel+ wrote:Here is my homemade Autumn wreath. The leaf twig base and spray items were all bought at the dollar store! It hangs in my dining area and will stay there until I replace it with my Christmas one.

Love it! Can't wait to see the Christmas one. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Noel+ wrote:Who is not singing Christmas ditties in their minds? There is something about Autumn that brings Christmas so very close to mind and heart. Yay - sing away! :singing:

I know, right?
Fall is a wonderful prelude to the Christmas season.
I'm looking forward to some fun Fall festivals.
:peekleaves2:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter