Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I missed all my Christmas friends last week.
Michelle and I plus four other couples went on a 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. We visited St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. We had an absolutely awesome time. It's late tonight, so I will catch up tomorrow or Tuesday. I have my Myelogram Monday morning. I hope that goes well with no complications. :D

Have a blessed night!

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Prayers for you today Christmas friend. :angelpray:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:47 am

Noel+ wrote:My local post office still does not have Christmas stamps in stock yet. That is both frustrating and a little exciting at the same time. It does give me a smile to wait expectantly for the stamps to arrive. :D

I haven't even checked about Christmas stamps yet. I'm still using the bird ones. The cardinal stamp is like a little bit of early Christmas. :feedbird:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:20 am

Merry Magic Monday Christmas!
I just got done with my myelogram and put back in my room for all day observation. Oh boy what fun. :lol:

They've given me a turkey sandwich, chips, a banana, and some crackers for lunch.
Bon Appetite!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Magic Monday Christmas!
I just got done with my myelogram and put back in my room for all day observation. Oh boy what fun. :lol:

They've given me a turkey sandwich, chips, a banana, and some crackers for lunch.
Bon Appetite!

That is no Christmas fun, CC, but it may be your best path to healing. If you want a snack be sure to ask for ice cream, pudding, etc. Nurses have a stash. :wink: Rest up friend...prayers surround you.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:06 pm

3765 Christmas posts!!! :santadance: :santadance:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Magic Monday Christmas!

Bon Appetite!

Look on the bright side. You're getting all this over with now so they can have you all fixed up for Christmas. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 pm

There's a code out today for free shipping from Oriental Trading. Perfect if you need some Christmas crafts or small gifts for OCC boxes. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:45 pm

CandyKane wrote:There's a code out today for free shipping from Oriental Trading. Perfect if you need some Christmas crafts or small gifts for OCC boxes. :santagifts:

Thanks CK. I am going to check it out for Christmas :D craft items.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:11 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Actually Perky says if we have Christmas in July, we should have thanksgiving in June, but then we have Midsommar and Half Christmas. He is too Christmas cute though I could Think that some turkey salad around that time of year sounds very nice. I usually Cook one turkey a year to have the extra meat in the freezer for such things, but I have also found that a deboned rotissiere chicken works well for most things too. Less work and less planning ahead. :dinner:

Yes Perky is too Christmas cute and I use him as an example to my DH from time to time. He thinks Christmas in July is the only 2nd holiday we need. Still, I like your idea of a pork roast instead of a whole turkey with some fixins that remind us of Thanksgiving. And that would be a great time for pumpkin cheesecake. Thanks for the inspiration Christmas friend! :D

The sausage we had this week was turkey, though pork sausage would work just as well. We also often have pork roast for New year's day as swedes order pizza.....and have their "new years dinner" the night before. In my family, new year's day was a family dinner and my former husband's aunt made it a gourmet one........with a meal that was almost as well presented as Christmas dinner. Since turkey is a relatively new common food, pork with squash and apple, pear, etc is more "European". I ask poor Perky every year what Swedes eat for thanksgiving and he tells me over and over again there is no special meal that everyone eats......I told him this year that if they did it would probably just be the same old meatballs and prince sausage we eat for every holiday for Christmas to Midsummer. ;-) :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Good morning Christmas friends. Not doing so well today. I've had a headache for most of the morning and nausea for part of it. I never want to have a myelogram again. :razzberry:

I also got some bad news. The doctor says that two of my discs will need to be replaced.
And here I thought he would just go in and trim off the bulging part.
He told me one disc is 90% gone and the one below it is over 50% gone.
Not sure what to do now.
Oh, well. God will lead me through this.
Trusting Him. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Good morning Christmas friends. Not doing so well today. I've had a headache for most of the morning and nausea for part of it. I never want to have a myelogram again. :razzberry:

I also got some bad news. The doctor says that two of my discs will need to be replaced.
Not sure what to do now.

Christmas Crazy is he suggesting replacement surgery? Your pain level is understandable with such compromised discs. Sure hope your nausea and headache pass soon. Prayers and faith God will lead and bless you!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Good morning Christmas friends. Not doing so well today. I've had a headache for most of the morning and nausea for part of it. I never want to have a myelogram again. :razzberry:

Not sure what to do now.

Praying that the God of Christmas will lead you to make the right decisions.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Jolly the idea of meatballs for Swedish Thanksgiving is yummy but sausage is for breakfast everyday. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 am

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!!

:jump: :snowhouse: :hide: :throw:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:49 am

67 Days until Christmas! :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:49 am

9.5 Weeks until Christmas! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:50 am

A special friend from Mynamar is coming to America for a Christian conference in November and then flying here for a visit. We hope she can stay with us for Thanksgiving Day as she'll be staying at my house. What a wonderful way to introduce her to an American feast and Miracle on 34th Street! A grand entrance to the Christmas season! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 am

CandyKane hope you and family are feeling fine and enjoying your beautiful Autumn weather. Have you found any great Christmas buys this week? :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter