Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:05 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy sure hope you are no longer in pain and have been given some positive options to deal with your disc issues. Please keep us posted friend. Sending prayers and hugs. :pumpkin:

Unfortunately I'm heading to the hospital in a couple of hours for a blood patch. My head and neck are just killing me. It feels better to be lying down, so that's what I'm doing until Michelle takes me to the hospital.

Thank you for all the prayers.

Hope you feel better soon Christmas friend.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:07 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly my Myanmar friend wants me to teach her how to make a pumpkin pie. I thought I would add your idea of a pumpkin roll too. And maybe some Christmas cookies! :D

Since moving to the North Pole I have learned how to make pumpkin pie from the pumpkin. I would do it in Texas except "Pumpkin pie" is considered one of my mother's specialties and I don't want to show her up. I eat Pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread at Thanskgiving, but Christmas has to be mincemeat! :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:45 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Jolly my Myanmar friend wants me to teach her how to make a pumpkin pie. I thought I would add your idea of a pumpkin roll too. And maybe some Christmas cookies! :D

Since moving to the North Pole I have learned how to make pumpkin pie from the pumpkin. I would do it in Texas except "Pumpkin pie" is considered one of my mother's specialties and I don't want to show her up. I eat Pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread at Thanskgiving, but Christmas has to be mincemeat! :dinner:

My Dad loved Mincemeat Pie. My Mom or I made one every year. As a diabetic too, he had to eat a small slice and up his insulin. Still that was the only time he went off the diabetic exchange diet and the joy it gave him was delightful. I just don't bake them anymore because they are pure sugar heaven.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:26 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

My Dad loved Mincemeat Pie. My Mom or I made one every year. As a diabetic too, he had to eat a small slice and up his insulin. Still that was the only time he went off the diabetic exchange diet and the joy it gave him was delightful. I just don't bake them anymore because they are pure sugar heaven.

I bake 4 small tarts with the pie recipe. Then we eat 1/4 of a tart each as a dessert serving. Each tart then is 2 days worth of dessert. We usually wait a few months in between tarts. Now I have two left in the Freezer from last Christmas, so I don't have to make any this year.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 am

Happy Thursday Christmas friends :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:30 am

Christmas Crazy I sure hope you have a better day today :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:03 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!

There is always something to be grateful for each day. :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 am

I got the Heifer International and Samaritans Purse Christmas catalogs in the mail this week. If you don't know with Heifer International you donate money that's used to purchase livestock for people in need. Samaritans Purse purchases livestock and uses donations for other humanitarian needs too. We'll have to make our final decision on what we're donating to but right now we are leaning toward donating the amount of money needed to provide chicks. Can you imagine a world where instead of spending on Christmas 'stuff' we donated it all to charity and the charity actually gave it all to the ones who need it? It's a nice thought isn't it. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:31 am

Yes those are practical life saving Christmas gifts that give people hope and independence all year round. I wish I could give at least one of each to these precious people. My Samaritan Purse catalog arrived last week and I am still struggling to make a final choice. It is also one month from today for Christmas box pickups. Just love this ministry/charity...and rejoicing in your generous heart CandyKane.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Winterself wrote:Christmas Crazy...im glad you are feeling better.i also have disc issues and yet even tho i cant hardly walk or stand up but for a few minutes been fighting dissability for years..hope you get some relieaf from yous..

NOEL.....when i was single and alone i would buy myself gifts and wrap them and it was a nice surprise to open on christmas day i felt so much better and got everything i wanted hahah :smilecc:

Thanks Winterself! I love your Christmas spirit!!! :snowman1:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:Christmas Crazy I sure hope you have a better day today :D

Thanks CK!
I am feeling soooo much better today. I slept in till 8:00 and woke without any pain, anywhere. What a relief. God is good!

I watched a Christmas movie this morning and now I'm listening to Christmas music while I tackle the bills and finances.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. You're all the BEST! :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Glad you're pain free today Christmas friend. Continued prayers :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Just saw the Hershey's Kisses Jingle Bell Christmas commercial :bell1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Rejoicing in answered prayers and Christmas Crazys' pain free! :leafjump:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:Rejoicing in answered prayers and Christmas Crazys' pain free! :leafjump:

Thank you my blessed Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:33 pm

CandyKane wrote:Just saw the Hershey's Kisses Jingle Bell Christmas commercial :bell1:

I saw it last night!
I was very excited.
:snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:57 am

Eating my Swedish thanksgiving leftovers for lunch at work and wishing all my Christmas friends a Merry Friday Christmas!

Hope this plays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12_jaJ4ZH0w
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter