Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:42 pm

CandyKane wrote:I saw a cute idea today. Just wrap up all your Christmas movies and every night you unwrap one and that's your family movie for the night. :popcorn: :scene:

That's a great Christmas time idea!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:01 am

Merry Snowy Sunday Christmas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:02 am

Just 9 Weeks until Christmas! :blinky1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:03 am

63 Days until Christmas! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:19 am

Trying to decide when Schedule my last 4 vacation Days around Christmas. Perky will be off from 19 December to the end of his contract on 31 December. Whether he returns to work in January remains to be seen. Most swedes like to be off between Christmas and New Year's but I like to be off the week Before to prepare and have all the work done ahead of time so I get to enjoy Christmas. I was going to try to save my last 4 Days and add to my "pot" of saved Days in case of emergency in the US (my parents are in their 70's), but I decided my sanity was also Worth something. The University does not help us by scheduling Admission Round 2 on 22 December and Registration starting 29 December. They have no Christmas spirit at all. The previous rektor scheduled a two week leave for all University personnel over Christmas. You had to use vacation, over time or take it unpaid, but it was still nice to be able to Count on those Days off.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Trying to decide when Schedule my last 4 vacation Days around Christmas. Perky will be off from 19 December to the end of his contract on 31 December. Whether he returns to work in January remains to be seen. Most swedes like to be off between Christmas and New Year's but I like to be off the week Before to prepare and have all the work done ahead of time so I get to enjoy Christmas. I was going to try to save my last 4 Days and add to my "pot" of saved Days in case of emergency in the US (my parents are in their 70's), but I decided my sanity was also Worth something. The University does not help us by scheduling Admission Round 2 on 22 December and Registration starting 29 December. They have no Christmas spirit at all. The previous rektor scheduled a two week leave for all University personnel over Christmas. You had to use vacation, over time or take it unpaid, but it was still nice to be able to Count on those Days off.

Jolly we women have so much work to make Christmas ready I understand the scheduling conflict. Nurses never have time off at Christmas unless favor smiles on you. I am certain you will make the best decision for you, Perky and family.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:09 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Trying to decide when Schedule my last 4 vacation Days around Christmas. Perky will be off from 19 December to the end of his contract on 31 December. Whether he returns to work in January remains to be seen. Most swedes like to be off between Christmas and New Year's but I like to be off the week Before to prepare and have all the work done ahead of time so I get to enjoy Christmas. I was going to try to save my last 4 Days and add to my "pot" of saved Days in case of emergency in the US (my parents are in their 70's), but I decided my sanity was also Worth something. The University does not help us by scheduling Admission Round 2 on 22 December and Registration starting 29 December. They have no Christmas spirit at all. The previous rektor scheduled a two week leave for all University personnel over Christmas. You had to use vacation, over time or take it unpaid, but it was still nice to be able to Count on those Days off.

Jolly we women have so much work to make Christmas ready I understand the scheduling conflict. Nurses never have time off at Christmas unless favor smiles on you. I am certain you will make the best decision for you, Perky and family.

I tell Perky all the time that wives and mothers make holidays happen, especially Christmas, we rarely get to "enjoy" them the same way everyone else does.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:59 am

My fondest Christmas memories center on my Grandmas, great aunts, aunts and Mom making our celebrations great! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Noel+ wrote:My fondest Christmas memories center on my Grandmas, great aunts, aunts and Mom making our celebrations great! :wink:

Yes, that is true. But my Grandmother did not work outside the home during my lifetime. My mother did up decorating in a big way . The day after Thanksgiving the house was transformed into Christmas, and it was taken down on New Year's day.
My aunt is a holiday minimalist, though she tries to make more of an effort when we are there, but we wind up doing the cooking. Last Thanksgiving in Texas, I thought "wait a minute", we Cook a full dinner for ourselves in Sweden, the only difference is the number of people we have to Cook for. This time I am going with no big expectations but my aunt did say she wants us to Cook a turkey. I told Perky that is not so bad, we can Cook it on Wednesday, then Thursday I want to Cook thanksgiving breakfast (turkey sausage, sweet potatoe pancakes, cranberry muffins), Watch the parade, and sit back while the rest of the family does Everything else. ;-)

by the way, i do see my run on sentences and am just too lazy to correct them. Run on sentences are common in Swedish grammar. ;-) :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:44 pm

:D :D Too Christmas cute Jolly.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Hello everyone!
Merry Sunday Christmas!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Yesterday, Michelle and went shopping. ALL DAY. It was a very long but fun day. :D
Almost every store had Christmas items on the shelf. It will be nice when the stores are also decorated.

:blinky1:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday, Michelle and went shopping. ALL DAY. It was a very long but fun day. :D
Almost every store had Christmas items on the shelf. It will be nice when the stores are also decorated.

:blinky1:

So glad you & Michelle had a fun day Christmas shopping. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 am

Merry Musical Monday Christmas! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 am

62 Days til Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:19 am

My friend coming from Mynamar may not be here until Thanksgiving week and wants to see my home decorated for Autumn. I had planned to take it all down the first week of November and put up Christmas decorations early. I am in the mood to have them up longer. But my friend's wishes come first so my Christmas decoratons may stay up til the end of January. Again. :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Noel+ wrote:My friend coming from Mynamar may not be here until Thanksgiving week and wants to see my home decorated for Autumn. I had planned to take it all down the first week of November and put up Christmas decorations early. I am in the mood to have them up longer. But my friend's wishes come first so my Christmas decoratons may stay up til the end of January. Again. :lol:

You can't put Christmas decorations up until after Thanksgivkng. ;-)
unless you are in Sweden and observing Swedish Thanksgiving.
Just teasing.
We have put up the red curtains in the living room, but will probably wait until we get back from Texas to do anything else. My cousin's family used to put up the tree on the evening of Thanksgiving. That could be fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Good points Jolly. And as your motto declares: Christmas is one adventure after another. This will be a new one for me. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Noel+ wrote:My friend coming from Mynamar may not be here until Thanksgiving week and wants to see my home decorated for Autumn. I had planned to take it all down the first week of November and put up Christmas decorations early. I am in the mood to have them up longer. But my friend's wishes come first so my Christmas decoratons may stay up til the end of January. Again. :lol:

With January and February being so dreary, it may be a good thing to leave up your Christmas decorations as long as you can.

I wish Michelle would let us leave ours up longer. :cry: :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter