Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:44 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I'm sitting here listening to Christmas music and trying to motivate myself to vacuum the carpet then shampoo it. I'd rather be sleeping. :sleephat:

I did all my chores and am now waiting for Perky to come home. Listening to Mozart's Requiem because I lost a friend today due to election issues. People are so polarized, there is no middle way anymore. It makes me Christmas sad. Come Wednesday, people still need to live with one Another. Sigh.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

4000 Christmas Posts!!! :rabstar: :blinky1: :merrysleigh:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I did all my chores and am now waiting for Perky to come home. Listening to Mozart's Requiem because I lost a friend today due to election issues. People are so polarized, there is no middle way anymore. It makes me Christmas sad. Come Wednesday, people still need to live with one Another. Sigh.

Yes it is very Christmas sad. As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, some of my family feel the same way as your friend. One called me names. How is that any good for our country? :think:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:31 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:I did all my chores and am now waiting for Perky to come home. Listening to Mozart's Requiem because I lost a friend today due to election issues. People are so polarized, there is no middle way anymore. It makes me Christmas sad. Come Wednesday, people still need to live with one Another. Sigh.

Yes it is very Christmas sad. As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, some of my family feel the same way as your friend. One called me names. How is that any good for our country? :think:

It is no good for the country because no matter which side you are on, people still have to get along the day after the election. Let's hope the Christmas spirit fills up their hearts and they decide to Contact me again. I can't Believe an election trumps (no pun intended) 40 years of friendship.........my heart aches.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Just call it the 've spirit of Scrooge'. My heart aches and I am embarrassed they don't want me at Thanksgiving. Prayers the Christmas spirit will open their hearts Jolly. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Noel+ wrote:Just call it the 've spirit of Scrooge'. My heart aches and I am embarrassed they don't want me at Thanksgiving. Prayers the Christmas spirit will open their hearts Jolly. :cry:

A quiet thanksgiving could be just the thing to prepare your heart for the upcoming Christmas season. After my divorce, I had around three solitary Thanksgivings for various reasons. I found it quite enjoyable. I am sure that though I am looking forward to seeing everyone individually, when the whole family group is together abd chaotic, I will be missing our quiet thanksgiving celebrations in Sweden. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:31 am

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:33 am

50 Days until Christmas!! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:34 am

I saw a shooting star this morning, which made me think of the Great Star that led the Wisemen to the Manger on the first Christmas! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:35 am

There is a trend here - this year - where people are putting their Christmas decorations up inside as they take down their Halloween ones. I prefer Autumn decorations up a bit longer. Have any of you decided to display your Christmas items yet? :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

How many Christmas posts do you think we'll reach by Christmas Eve?! This year, I'm just not sure because we've excelled at all our goals. Now we can relax and share daily our Christmas joys. :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 am

Noel+ wrote:There is a trend here - this year - where people are putting their Christmas decorations up inside as they take down their Halloween ones. I prefer Autumn decorations up a bit longer. Have any of you decided to display your Christmas items yet? :think:

Usually, we leave Autumn up until November in Sweden because we have already had thanksgiving and then make a slow transition to Christmas so that all is ready for First Advent. However, in the colder climate where they already have snow I can see the incongruity of having "fall" up when there is snow outside. If I lived in the US, I Think it would depend on what region. In San Antonio, we have to have an "artificial" fall anyway, so my family leaves the fall decorations up until Thanksgiving weekend and then change to Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:57 am

Did some errans today and picked up a few cute Christmas items to take to Texas.
T minus nine Days and counting.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:59 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Did some errans today and picked up a few cute Christmas items to take to Texas.
T minus nine Days and counting.

How Christmas exciting Jolly. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:59 am

Happy Sunday Christmas friends. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:03 am

First day of time change. I hate the adjustment and I really hate it being dark at 5:30. But the bright spot is Christmas decorations will soon appear and make everything cheery and bright. :lights:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:04 am

We went to a Christmas bazaar this weekend and we have another for this week. Woohoo! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:06 am

One of dds activities has been put on hold until February. This is such great news because our schedule has been so crazy. I want more time to enjoy all the fun of Christmas. :D :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:10 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

So glad you got the 4000th Post. Never say never to some crazy Christmas elves. :elfgrin: :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 am

Noel+ wrote:How many Christmas posts do you think we'll reach by Christmas Eve?! This year, I'm just not sure because we've excelled at all our goals. Now we can relax and share daily our Christmas joys. :snowwow: :snowwow:

I'm with you Noel. This has been such great fun. It'll be interesting to see just how many Christmas posts we have. :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter