Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 am

Happy Monday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:This morning at 3am my alarm rang so I could watch the movie Holiday Inn on Hallmark Movies. I love this movie! In my core family it was a holiday tradition. We're big on holidays all year long, but it also symbolizes the beginning of Thanksgiving-Christmas celebrations. I giggle, smile and shed tears in different parts of the movie as I remember sweet relatives waiting in heaven for me to join them.

Just found a colorized version of that and am looking forward to watching it on the plane trip. Can't wait to Watch it. I'm sure the Christmas scenes are spectacular.

I hope your pre-Christmas trip goes well and you have a great time with your family.

Thank you Christmas Crazy. I am getting nervous. We will celebrate Swedish First Advent before we leave. My mother has asked us to continue that Christmas tradition when we are there. We also cook as much of a smörbåsbord as we can while we are there. Perky wants to make beet salad from scratch, but I think I draw the line there. It is too much work. Here you just buy it. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am

Jolly I always make beet salad from scratch. It's a Christmas tradition going back generations . :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:17 am

Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas! :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am

49 Days until Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:19 am

It's that time of year when my to-do list picks up speed like reindeer on Christmas Eve! :merrysanta: joyelf

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 am

Election Day is tomorrow and what a relief! I vote absentee but it is a Christmas gift to have this election behind us before we start the official Christmas season! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:25 am

How many Hallmark movies have you watched so far this pre-Christmas season?

I lost count but today/tomorrow are all movies I have seen in the past. That is good as I have many items to focus on this time of year. Still, I rejoice we have Hallmark. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 am

Hmmmm......my friends in the east say their Directv music channel is playing Christmas music? Mine is not. Some Christmas elf fun trickery? :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 am

4050 Christmas Posts!!! :shop: :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:55 am

Noel+ wrote:Election Day is tomorrow and what a relief! I vote absentee but it is a Christmas gift to have this election behind us before we start the official Christmas season! :scene:

Yes, it will be a much better Christmas season once it is over, one way or the other. Hopefully people can start being decent to each other again. I do have a slight worry traveling so soon afterwards, but just have to think positive thoughts.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Election Day is tomorrow and what a relief! I vote absentee but it is a Christmas gift to have this election behind us before we start the official Christmas season! :scene:

Yes, it will be a much better Christmas season once it is over, one way or the other. Hopefully people can start being decent to each other again. I do have a slight worry traveling so soon afterwards, but just have to think positive thoughts.

On 60 minutes last night they showed the vitriol between opposing sides. This hate speech labeling of other Americans has to end!! It is just another opinion. Our next president needs to inspire and unite us again. A United America is formidable.

My family is gloating in their "win" already so I hope that means now I can still participate in family events. I hope your friend also changes her mind and repairs your friendship.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Perky received a call today on a job interview. It is a civilian job with the defense department. They wanted to see him November 21, but we will be in Texas then. So, the interview is 12 December, a few Days after we get back. Praying he gets an early Christmas present in the form of a job! His current contract with the preschool is up. The location is not far from the University where i work, but would mean evenings and weekends (some). That's okay, we are pretty good at making our own holidays, with the best being Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

On 60 minutes last night they showed the vitriol between opposing sides. This hate speech labeling of other Americans has to end!! It is just another opinion. Our next president needs to inspire and unite us again. A United America is formidable.

My family is gloating in their "win" already so I hope that means now I can still participate in family events. I hope your friend also changes her mind and repairs your friendship.

Yes, hopefully your family can put aside their differences and enjoy a nice Thanskgiving, otherwise, a quiet year might be good healing for your heart. I honestly don't know how my family is voting. I can guess, but we don't talk about it. Not actively avoiding, just other things to talk about. I know my parents "cancelled each other out" as my mother put it. I hope my relationship with my friend is restored, but as I was not the one who mouthed off, I am unsure I should be the one to try to re-initiate Contact. Hopefully he will calm down after this week. I have a feeling he will be on the "winning" side.......hopefully the Christmas spirit will bring people back together.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky received a call today on a job interview. It is a civilian job with the defense department. They wanted to see him November 21, but we will be in Texas then. So, the interview is 12 December, a few Days after we get back. Praying he gets an early Christmas present in the form of a job! His current contract with the preschool is up. The location is not far from the University where i work, but would mean evenings and weekends (some). That's okay, we are pretty good at making our own holidays, with the best being Christmas!

That is a nice stocking stuffer to have a good job interview before Christmas! Prayers on their way. :angelmerry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Noel+ wrote:How many Hallmark movies have you watched so far this pre-Christmas season?

I lost count but today/tomorrow are all movies I have seen in the past. That is good as I have many items to focus on this time of year. Still, I rejoice we have Hallmark. :D

I've watched close to 10 Christmas movies on Hallmark so far. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky received a call today on a job interview. It is a civilian job with the defense department. They wanted to see him November 21, but we will be in Texas then. So, the interview is 12 December, a few Days after we get back. Praying he gets an early Christmas present in the form of a job! His current contract with the preschool is up. The location is not far from the University where i work, but would mean evenings and weekends (some). That's okay, we are pretty good at making our own holidays, with the best being Christmas!

Yay! Praying for a Christmas miracle. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Well, I guess I got my Christmas wish. My back surgery will be December 2nd (My wish was for it to be after Thanksgiving). 2-3 days in the hospital and 12-15 weeks recovery. I hope it goes well and I'm back to work sooner than later.
Prayers appreciated. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Well, I guess I got my Christmas wish. My back surgery will be December 2nd (My wish was for it to be after Thanksgiving). 2-3 days in the hospital and 12-15 weeks recovery. I hope it goes well and I'm back to work sooner than later.
Prayers appreciated. :elfgrin:

Yes-love answered prayers. Your surgery is great timing. You can be home for Christmas and have free time for family, friends and celebrations. Pain meds should help you recover with minimal discomfort for short term. Prayers coming now and through your recovery CC. :angelsnow: :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:51 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:How many Hallmark movies have you watched so far this pre-Christmas season?

I've watched close to 10 Christmas movies on Hallmark so far. :elfgrin:

Be sure to share the titles of your new Christmas favorites, so I can try to find them on alternate sources. Watching new Christmas movies is so much fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter