Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Cooler temps the last 2 days have gone a long way towards improving my Christmas Spirit. :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 pm

To clear up the confusion I caused, Perky's job interview is 12 *December. Not quite as Close to Christmas as I thought.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:55 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Election Day US Christmas friends. Don't care who you vote for, just hope everyone made it to the polls at some point. :smilecc:

Yes I voted. To me it is both a privilege and duty of those blessed to be Americans. That is a great Christmas gift. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:47 am

Stuck at home due to snow chaos and watching election results I said I would not. LOL
Santa has quite a sense of humor. Hope his reindeer are ready to go. This snowmageddon would be great if it was Christmas day. To my American Christmas friends, I don't care how you voted, now is the time to make America great by Being Stronger Together. I wish I could take credit for that, but it was a facebook friend who said it first.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:09 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Stuck at home due to snow chaos and watching election results I said I would not. LOL
Santa has quite a sense of humor. Hope his reindeer are ready to go. This snowmageddon would be great if it was Christmas day. To my American Christmas friends, I don't care how you voted, now is the time to make America great by Being Stronger Together. I wish I could take credit for that, but it was a facebook friend who said it first.

Jolly I have spent the night doing the same: watching election results which I swore I would avoid at[/b] all costs. I mean America's future is involved, so I relented, and now I can't sleep. Send me your snow and I'll send you 90F heat with full sun. In the middle of November! Oh, where is Christmas weather?!?! :x

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:10 am

46 Days until Christmas! :snowhead:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:12 am

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas! :jump: :snowhouse: :hide: :throw:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 am

CandyKane: I still have not received the ornaments for the exchange. If they are late, just know they are coming this December! :wink: eceived my ornamentot

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Stuck at home due to snow chaos and watching election results I said I would not. LOL

Jolly I have spent the night doing the same: watching election results which I swore I would avoid at[/b] all costs. I mean America's future is involved, so I relented, and now I can't sleep. Send me your snow and I'll send you 90F heat with full sun. In the middle of November! Oh, where is Christmas weather?!?! :x

yeah, I worry about getting on the plane I Stockholm with snow, and getting off in Texas with the sun. It will not feel like Christmas at all there. But, we plan on going ot Riverwalk to see the Christmas decorations on the weekend after Thanskgiving. The December program at the Alamo is "Christmas in Texas", can't miss that.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:18 am

Last Christmas my pre-lit wreath and garland stopped working after a decade of use. I have been looking for a new one at so far I find very pretty ones at a reasonable price but without lights. I have tried stringing lights on wreaths/garlands before and the wires show. Christmas is coming very soon and I may have a wreath/garland that doesn't light up. As I love Christmas lights this is a total bummer. Time to keep shopping. :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 am

4090 Christmas Posts! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 am

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Well, I guess I got my Christmas wish. My back surgery will be December 2nd (My wish was for it to be after Thanksgiving). 2-3 days in the hospital and 12-15 weeks recovery. I hope it goes well and I'm back to work sooner than later.
Prayers appreciated. :elfgrin:

Prayers and best wishes Christmas friend. :angelpray:

Thank you Christmas friend. I'm in good hands. :wink:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:14 am

CandyKane wrote:I purchased the mailing envelopes and picked out the Christmas cards for the CAY card/ornament exchange. I can't wait to get mine sent off. :elfgrin:

Me too! I'm getting very excited.
I've also noticed that almost every commercial break on TV has a Christmas themed commercial in it.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Happy Election Day US Christmas friends. Don't care who you vote for, just hope everyone made it to the polls at some point. :smilecc:

Yes I voted. To me it is both a privilege and duty of those blessed to be Americans. That is a great Christmas gift. :D

Amen Christmas Pal!
I voted too.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:20 am

Noel+ wrote:

I'm nearly as tired as Santa the day after Christmas. I was up watching the election results until 1:30 AM. I like your Facebook friend's saying Jolly.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:21 am

Noel+ wrote:Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas! :jump: :snowhouse: :hide: :throw:

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas Noel!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:22 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

yeah, I worry about getting on the plane I Stockholm with snow, and getting off in Texas with the sun. It will not feel like Christmas at all there. But, we plan on going ot Riverwalk to see the Christmas decorations on the weekend after Thanskgiving. The December program at the Alamo is "Christmas in Texas", can't miss that.

That sounds so Christmas wonderful Jolly. San Antonio is such a beautiful city.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant