Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Just finishing up some last minute details in the house for Christmas. Tomorrow I need more batteries for my candles. Then I start on the tree. I have 2 new ornaments beautifully hanging on the tree right now! Thanks. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Did anyone else watch Dolly Partons Christmas of Many Colors? It's a great movie. I recorded it on the dvr and I'm gonna have to watch it again. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:06 am

I missed that movie but hope to catch it later on the app. The original was wonderful last Christmas. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 am

Merry Snowy Sunday Christmas!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

The house is completely decorated inside and the outside will be completed Monday morning. After a rest and church, I will start the tree decorating.
Then I can fully enjoy making Christmas merry & bright!
:snowgirl:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 am

Christmas Crazy: thinking of you all night and this morning prayers my Christmas friend. You most likely are sore and experiencing some pain. Hang in there! Remember when ou are discharged you'll have the most Christmas fun as you heal before the fireplace, listening to Christmas carols or watching Christmas movies. And you are in our hearts and prayers daily. :smilecc

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:57 am

Tonight on the Hallmark Movies channel there is a special movie I am excited to be viewing. It is called Hearts of Christmas and nursing is part of the storyline. Hope you get a chance to see it too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 am

Happy Sunday Christmas friends :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:21 am

Only 3 weeks until Christmas :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 am

My cell phone finally died. It's been on life support for awhile but this time I couldn't revive it. So looks like I'm getting a new one as an early Christmas present. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:30 am

CandyKane wrote:My cell phone finally died. It's been on life support for awhile but this time I couldn't revive it. So looks like I'm getting a new one as an early Christmas present. :santagifts:

I am sure Santa has a pretty phone for Christmas in his stocking for you. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Finally got some Christmas decorations up this weekend. I had the sickest flight I ever had on the way home followed by two Days of near coma sleep. I wondered if I picked up a flu, but other than on the plane, I had no other flu like symptoms, just could not stay awake........for someone who is a light sleeper, that kind of sleep coma is scary. But, today is the first day I feel relatively "normal". Not looking forward to work tomorrow, but at least it is Another week closer to Christmas. Got the Christmas stars up, the christmas Candlesticks out, and lit the two Candles for the Second Sunday of Advent during dinner. The Little tree is decorated and has the "texmas" chrismas Towel around it and the Texas Santa standing underneath. We will put up the "Swedish" tree on the 23rd. The traditional tree trimming night. Perky has, however, already cleared the table. I put a few things there (free space does not stay free very long in North Pole apartments), but they are quickly moved. We work two weeks and then are off a few Days. Perky's contract was not renewed and he goes back to sit the time for two weeks, and then is on vacation the rest of the year. Please keep his upcoming job interview on 20 December in prayer.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Jolly just off to church but wanted to let you know you'll be in my prayers. And for Perky to find a new job. So glad your virus/flu has passed and you are recovering a little. Christmas is coming, my friend, and means a blessing. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Feeling bad about missing evening services tonight at church but needed some time to catch up on things at home and just to take a moment and take a deep breath to remember what season we are in and to enjoy it. Already watched A Christmas Story with the youngest and now it is time to watch Elf. Hope everyone has had a blessed Sunday, we don't have many more until Christmas. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:42 am

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We put up all of the Christmas decorations in the house and decorated our tree. The only thing that is left is to set up the village on top of the piano.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:43 am

This morning I found some cool Christmas lantern lights that I am going to put on. Tree in the front yard tomorrow. I know I haven't posted the picture of the wreath I made yet. I had forgotten.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:44 am

Is anyone else amazed that it is only 3 weeks today from Christmas!!! I can't wait, but I don't want it to go by too fast!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:13 am

ksrjreed wrote:Feeling bad about missing evening services tonight at church but needed some time to catch up on things at home and just to take a moment and take a deep breath to remember what season we are in and to enjoy it. Already watched A Christmas Story with the youngest and now it is time to watch Elf. Hope everyone has had a blessed Sunday, we don't have many more until Christmas. :smilecc:

ksrjreed so understandable to take a moment to reflect on the deep meaning of Christmas. After our guest leaves I plan on doing just that. Wishing you a blessed week. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:16 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Is anyone else amazed that it is only 3 weeks today from Christmas!!! I can't wait, but I don't want it to go by too fast!

Exactly Kiwi! My tree is almost done but I have decorations still to use somewhere. Tomorrow I do outdoors and then after my guest leaves I can enjoy every month. And, after waiting a while year, 3 weeks isn't long enough. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter