Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:34 am

Noel+ wrote:We just finished watching Holiday Inn and White Christmas! Older holiday films are some of my favorites so I bought Amazon streaming copies so I can watch them on my schedule. :smilecc:

I have both of those Christmas films on DVD. I still love my DVD's. Streaming is nice, but I don't feel like I "own" something unless I can hold it in my hands and watch it with only electricity needed. I was away at a work conference yesterday and though we had wifi, I did not check any personal email or facebook. I found I liked it. My world has gotten too busy...........I need to unplug and enjoy Christmas a bit more.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:18 am

4500 Christmas posts!!!!! :santadance: :santadance: :santadance: :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:19 am

Santa brought me my Christmas present early. A new iPhone. It's nice to be back among the calling and texting again. :elfgrin: :santachim:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:20 am

We had snow flurries yesterday. It was so beautiful. 20 degree temps and falling snow really recharged my Christmas Spirit. :snowhappy: :merrysleigh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am excited because tomorrow I work on one of my favorite Christmas traditions: making the gingerbread house!

Do you make yours from scratch? I haven't made one in a few years but I found a really cute kit yesterday. I'm gonna buy it and it'll be perfect for family time. I know a family who's had a pretty rough year and their rough patch has carried over to Christmas. I think I'll buy them a gingerbread house kit too. The family time and Christmas cheer might help ease their burden. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:53 am

Christmas Crazy hope you are doing good with your recovery. :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

I didn't get any Christmas cards in the mail yesterday but I did get my favorite seed catalog. That's almost as good. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:We just finished watching Holiday Inn and White Christmas! Older holiday films are some of my favorites so I bought Amazon streaming copies so I can watch them on my schedule. :smilecc:

I have both of those Christmas films on DVD. I still love my DVD's. Streaming is nice, but I don't feel like I "own" something unless I can hold it in my hands and watch it with only electricity needed. I was away at a work conference yesterday and though we had wifi, I did not check any personal email or facebook. I found I liked it. My world has gotten too busy...........I need to unplug and enjoy Christmas a bit more.

Whatever relaxes us at Christmas is a good thing. I have the devs too but when traveling that is not helpful. What a blessing that we have so many choices available. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:17 pm

CandyKane wrote:Santa brought me my Christmas present early. A new iPhone. It's nice to be back among the calling and texting again. :elfgrin: :santachim:

Give Santa a big kiss! We need our CandyKane elf. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am excited because tomorrow I work on one of my favorite Christmas traditions: making the gingerbread house!

How did your gingerbread home turn out Kiwi? They are such Christmas fun. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Last night the day was ended with a viewing of the original black-and-white Miracle on 34th Street. The Christmas tree, wreaths, garlands, and figures all softly glowing with lights. It was so peaceful and beautiful. That deep joyful Christmas rest. :angelmerry: :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:42 am

Merry Fa-La-La Friday Christmas!

Share a cup of eggnog, sing a few carols, and give someone a Christmas surprise this weekend!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:43 am

Leaving now for a splendid Friday with friends. We are in the Christmas celebration spirit! Wishing each of you a cheerful day filled with Christmas spirit! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:44 am

Christmas Crazy: thinking of you and hoping your recovery continues to be smooth and pain free. You are in our hearts and prayers. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:45 am

So, CandyKane, how many Christmas calls & texts have you made on your new phone?!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:46 am

Jolly: it is Friday and no more work this weekend. Time to relax and enjoy the Christmas spirit!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am

Kiwi: time this weekend for another Christmas project? Enjoy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am

ksrjreed: Hope your Christmas spirit is bright and your church activities fun this weekend. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am

Winterself: we are missing you and sending you a huge bag of Christmas cheer! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am

17 Days until Christmas!! :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter