Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 am

Noel+ wrote:Last night the day was ended with a viewing of the original black-and-white Miracle on 34th Street. The Christmas tree, wreaths, garlands, and figures all softly glowing with lights. It was so peaceful and beautiful. That deep joyful Christmas rest. :angelmerry: :angelsnow:

That is one of my absolute favorites and my favorite time to watch it is Thanksiving night. Even though we were in Texas and the house was empty, my uncle wanted to watch Christmas Vacation, so that is what we did. I still have not seen Miracle on 34th street yet this year.....since we have been back, I just can't get into Christmas. I know that is terrible. We managed to decorate the apartment last weekend, but I am just so tired............if this keeps up I may be visiting my dr in January which is no Christmas fun.

I totally agree about convenience. Perky was telling me that you can now download movies from Netlfix for later viewing. I have no idea if there is a limit or not. I have not looked into it yet. I loaded a lot of our own stuff on my various devices for travel as airport and hotel wifi is often unreliable and I like to feel "independent" of the web.

Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:01 am

:cold: ......me this morning. 15 degrees. Sure feels like Christmas. :bell1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:02 am

Happy Friday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:03 am

Christmas Crazy hope you can check in soon and let us all know how you are doing. :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:06 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Merry Super Saturday Christmas!
I hope you all are doing well. My meds have me in fog and I find I'm not able to focus much.

I just went thru the worst 4 days of my life physically. I have been down and out since Tuesday night. I got sick that night which made me hit my knees and cause me to stain a nerve on my left side. After all this time in pain and my calf starting to swell, I went to the ER to get checked for blot clot. Thank God, no clot. They gave me a steroid and sent me home at lunch time. I am feeling better today than I have since the surgery. I need to go lay down again. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'll try to get caught up some day.

God bless you all!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Super Saturday Christmas!
I hope you all are doing well. My meds have me in fog and I find I'm not able to focus much.

I just went thru the worst 4 days of my life physically. I have been down and out since Tuesday night. I got sick that night which made me hit my knees and cause me to stain a nerve on my left side. After all this time in pain and my calf starting to swell, I went to the ER to get checked for blot clot. Thank God, no clot. They gave me a steroid and sent me home at lunch time. I am feeling better today than I have since the surgery. I need to go lay down again. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'll try to get caught up some day.

God bless you all!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Christmas friend.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:21 pm

God bless you all!

Oh my Christmas Crazy! What a delay to your healing. I am so sorry to learn of your fall, nerve issues and pain. It is good news to know you atleast feel better today. Hopefully the pain meds will keep you comfortable but allow you to enjoy Christmas movies and music. Just look at your new ornaments - like the one you bought this summer of Santa - and know we are praying for you. Hugs :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:23 pm

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:24 pm

It is a quiet lovely day here...........so far. I am catching up on the computer, writing emails, and checking in with my favorite Elves here on Christmas All Year. Hope your day is merry & bright. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:25 pm

4530 Christmas Posts! :shop: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Thinking of Puternut this Christmas season. No posts here or on YouTube. I loved the annual Christmas lights/decorations display. Praying health is one of the gifts God brings this year to their home.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

God bless you all!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Christmas friend.

Noel+ wrote:Oh my Christmas Crazy! What a delay to your healing. I am so sorry to learn of your fall, nerve issues and pain. It is good news to know you atleast feel better today. Hopefully the pain meds will keep you comfortable but allow you to enjoy Christmas movies and music. Just look at your new ornaments - like the one you bought this summer of Santa - and know we are praying for you. Hugs :wink:

Thanks you all so much. I just took a pain pill and muscle relaxer so I thought I better stop by here immediately before it's too late. If you know what I mean. :lol:

I've been watching a lot Hallmark Christmas movies today and loving each one of them. I'm still feeling really great (Thanks meds and prayers!) and hope to continue to improve thru tomorrow.

Have a blessed night and a wonderful Sunday tomorrow.
God bless!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Thanks for updating us on how you feel Christmas Crazy. I am relieved to know you are feeling somewhat better and enjoying Christmas movies. Have a merry and bright Sunday. Hugs and prayers. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 am

God bless you all!

So thankful it wasn't a blood clot. Sorry you have to go through all this but im glad that the surgery is behind you and the healing has begun. Prayers and Christmas wishes continue for you friend. :angel:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:46 am

Happy Monday Christmas friends! :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:47 am

We've got a whole lot of Christmas packed into the next 2 weeks. :merrysleigh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:56 am

Wishing my Christmas friends a good week. It is very busy at work. I am on vacation next mon-wed. WE are going on a Christmas lunch cruise on Monday. Perky has his job interview on Tuesday, and Wednesday, we will clean and get things in order to celebrate Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Merry Mistletoe Monday Christmas!! :blinky1: :rabstar: :treeclap:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:14 pm

13 Days until Christmas!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter