Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:16 pm

Wishing my Christmas Elf friends a little quiet time each day to reflect on the true meaning of this day. It seems to be the hardest present to find -- time -- under the tree for each of us. :nav1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 pm

http://www.countryliving.com/life/a4049 ... cialflowFB

This will put a Christmas smile on your face. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Here is the link to this cute Christmas ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr6lr_VRsEo

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:23 am

Good evening my Christmas friends. I will definitely be looking into getting those Netflix Christmas movies downloaded for future viewing!

This past weekend I decorated gingerbread trees and people with my wife's family. I think 21 big cakes were decorated!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:25 am

A set of lighted garland went out on the porch tonight. I think it's time for some LED lights. An early Christmas present perhaps?
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:56 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Good evening my Christmas friends. I will definitely be looking into getting those Netflix Christmas movies downloaded for future viewing!

This past weekend I decorated gingerbread trees and people with my wife's family. I think 21 big cakes were decorated!

What a great Christmas family memory kiwi. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:48 am

http://www.svtplay.se/video/11507122/lu ... -avsnitt-3

Glad Luciadag! Happy Lucia Day! There is the link to the televised concert if you have an hour to spare. I went to the Lucia concert here at the university this morning and we have our department julbord (Christmas dinner at a restaurant) this afternoon. I don't feel much like working today............most schools are out today and the department will be empty as people start their Christmas vacations.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:08 am

Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:10 am

I bought dds 2016 Christmas Barbie yesterday. She is really special this year. Her packaging looks like she's in a snow globe. :snowhappy2: :snowhappy:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:16 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.svtplay.se/video/11507122/lucia/lucia-sasong-6-avsnitt-3

Glad Luciadag! Happy Lucia Day! There is the link to the televised concert if you have an hour to spare. I went to the Lucia concert here at the university this morning and we have our department julbord (Christmas dinner at a restaurant) this afternoon. I don't feel much like working today............most schools are out today and the department will be empty as people start their Christmas vacations.

How great to have a workplace allow you to attend the celebration and then have a Christmas dinner late. Enjoy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 am

CandyKane wrote:Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

That is definitely too Christmas cool! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:32 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:33 am

Cristmas Crazy: when you check in with us I hope you are feeling better, stronger and recovering in full Christmas spirit. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.svtplay.se/video/11507122/lucia/lucia-sasong-6-avsnitt-3

How great to have a workplace allow you to attend the celebration and then have a Christmas dinner late. Enjoy! :D

The two Christmas events do not normally coincide. We usually have a concert at the univ by the choir. The department Christmas dinner is usually a bit closer to Christmas. But I guess they wanted to have it before people started disappearing. Most schools and daycares will close today and parents and grandparents will be taking time off. While vacation time at the North Pole is very generous, it does not account for all the school "leave" time, so parents and often grandparents have to juggle the breaks. I was listening to a friend describe a similar problem she was having when her grandson was out of school the week of Thanksgiving. A Swedish single parent wrote an article a few months ago in the local paper a few months ago that you really need about 90 vacation days to account for all the school breaks. Sadly, she was probably right.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:12 am

Puternut!! Just found the 2016 video on YouTube. Sharing it on Facebook too. Here is the link....Enjoy!! :smilecc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEidmzfGSW4

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:52 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Wishing my Christmas friends a good week. It is very busy at work. I am on vacation next mon-wed. WE are going on a Christmas lunch cruise on Monday. Perky has his job interview on Tuesday, and Wednesday, we will clean and get things in order to celebrate Christmas!

Merry Tuesday Christmas Jolly!
I'll be praying for Perky's interview.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 am

CandyKane wrote:http://www.countryliving.com/life/a40490/john-lewis-christmas-advert-helping-the-wildlife-trusts/?src=socialflowFB

This will put a Christmas smile on your face. :D

That put a Christmas smile on my face! Love it.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Good evening my Christmas friends. I will definitely be looking into getting those Netflix Christmas movies downloaded for future viewing!

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas time Kiwi.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:54 am

CandyKane wrote:Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas CandyKane!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:54 am

Noel+ wrote:Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas Noel!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter