Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:05 am

Christmas Countdown 2017

It is 12:01am on the East Coast and that initiates our new Countdown for Christmas in 2017.

One essential: each post must contain the word "Christmas". Last year we set a new record for Christmas posts so I challenge us to break an even higher record in 2017.

Let the Christmas fun begin............

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:08 am

Let's begin our countdown with a blessing to carry us through the New Year until Christmas Day!

Image[/b]

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:50 am

Noel, that is a wonderful Christmas blessing for this next year! Let's keep that simple message in our hearts from this Christmas and through every day in this new year!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:55 am

Today we spent the day skiing at Smuggler's Notch with friends and playing games before ringing in the new year. I took a spectacular spill on the last run of the day, but the beer and champagne have helped me forget that. Keep Christmas in your heart this year! I plan on staying better connected with friends and keeping my focus where it belongs... on my family, friends, and my own happiness and well being...an ongoing Christmas present to myself. Thank you 2016 for putting things in perspective for me!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:46 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, that is a wonderful Christmas blessing for this next year! Let's keep that simple message in our hearts from this Christmas and through every day in this new year!

I will toast to that plan, kiwi! :thumbs:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:48 am

Christmas 2017 posts goal: 5000.

2016 closed with 4773 Christmas posts and I think we can exceed that achievement. No pressure -- just fun. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:28 am

Happy New Year Christmas friends! I hate to start the new year with a prayer request, but I have a possible blot clot in my leg an am trying to make it until I can see the regular dr. I have no desire to go to ER on New Year's Day when they are short staffed and probably very busy. I chatted with my cousin who is a nurse practitioner last night and we are staying home today and taking it easy. I am "ordered" by my cousin to see the dr Before I go to work and resume normal activity. Peronally, I am hoping it is just "reverse" sciatica (going from the calf to the hip, rather than the other way as usual) but understand the need to rule out blood clots in a hypertensive diabetic who is under alot of job stress and has recently flown long haul. Pray for Quick drs appointment, Quick resolution, and Quick attention if it is indeed something serious.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 am

Happy 2017 Christmas friends :happyny:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:16 am

Noel+ wrote:Christmas 2017 posts goal: 5000.

2016 closed with 4773 Christmas posts and I think we can exceed that achievement. No pressure -- just fun. :smilecc:

Great Christmas minds think alike. :snowink: Thank you Noel for our new thread and goal.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Jolly you are in our prayers. How soon can you see the doctor? So glad you have a trusted family member to wisely advise you. Hugs :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:28 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Great Christmas minds think alike. :snowink: Thank you Noel for our new thread and goal.

We are a great Christmas team! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:09 am

That is a Christmas goal I think we can all get behind! 5000... no problem!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:10 am

Jolly, sending warm Christmas prayers and wishes your way. Get well soon!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:04 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly you are in our prayers. How soon can you see the doctor? So glad you have a trusted family member to wisely advise you. Hugs :angelsnow:

Hoping for today but don't know yet. Christmas prayers appreciated.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:55 am

Greetings Christmas friends, I saw the dr this morning and have an ultrasound at 13. If there is something there, I will go to the ER. Othewise, I return to work tomorrow. Of course I pray for nothing, but if it is something I pray for Quick treatment. This is a bad week to be out of work.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:05 am

Happy First Monday of a brand new year Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:08 am

We enjoyed our first church service of 2017 yesterday. I even remembered to take in all the stuff that I've bought for Operation Christmas Child at the after Christmas sales. We are blessed to have a room at our church that's dedicated to OCC. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:35 am

Since its raining today I thought I'd use my time indoors to start taking down my Christmas decorations. It's bittersweet. While it's sad it be packing away this years stuff I'm already planning and looking forward to next Christmas. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:37 am

The Christmas tree that I griped and complained about last year looked so good after I strung it with new lights that I think I'll use it again next year. :treewiggle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Dd has decided to leave her pink Christmas tree up so she can decorate it for Valentine's Day. :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Next

Return to Holiday Chatter