Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:00 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Greetings Christmas friends, I saw the dr this morning and have an ultrasound at 13. If there is something there, I will go to the ER. Othewise, I return to work tomorrow. Of course I pray for nothing, but if it is something I pray for Quick treatment. This is a bad week to be out of work.

The ultrasound showed no blood clots, so that is good. The dr said it is a "ruptured water sack". no clue what that is. I am wondering if iti s bad English for "fluid sack". He said everyone has them around the knee and sometimes they rupture. No real advice other that do what feels right. excercise if it feels good, don't if it doesn't. I return to work tomorrow which is no Christmas fun. Please keep Perky in your Christmas prayers, he starts a new round of low dose chemo as soon as he picks up the pills.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:16 pm

CandyKane wrote:We enjoyed our first church service of 2017 yesterday. I even remembered to take in all the stuff that I've bought for Operation Christmas Child at the after Christmas sales. We are blessed to have a room at our church that's dedicated to OCC. :angelmerry:

Now that is a great Christmas idea CK. I will investigate if our church does the same thing as I know they store items donated late somewhere. This charity is definitely an all-year one. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:19 pm

CandyKane wrote:Since its raining today I thought I'd use my time indoors to start taking down my Christmas decorations. It's bittersweet. While it's sad it be packing away this years stuff I'm already planning and looking forward to next ChrThistmas. :thumbs:

I have excuses - er, reasons - for postponing in taking down our Christmas decorations. They are:

1. I need to finish the 12 days of Cristmas first,
2. My decor is more 'winter' than Christmas: snow, ice, greens, snow families, and animals of all sorts in the snow.
3. The batteries are stil working in the wreaths, garlands and fdecorations. When the batteries die then I can take down the decorations.

I have more if you ever want to borrow one. :wink: :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Greetings Christmas friends, I saw the dr this morning and have an ultrasound at 13. If there is something there, I will go to the ER. Othewise, I return to work tomorrow. Of course I pray for nothing, but if it is something I pray for Quick treatment. This is a bad week to be out of work.

The ultrasound showed no blood clots, so that is good. The dr said it is a "ruptured water sack". no clue what that is. I am wondering if iti s bad English for "fluid sack". He said everyone has them around the knee and sometimes they rupture. No real advice other that do what feels right. excercise if it feels good, don't if it doesn't. I return to work tomorrow which is no Christmas fun. Please keep Perky in your Christmas prayers, he starts a new round of low dose chemo as soon as he picks up the pills.

That is the best post-Christmas news, Jolly!! :scene: Prayers for your healing - and Perky's treatment/healing - continue daily. Thank goodness it is not a life-threatening situation. Sure wish you could have had it checked out here in America first. So take extra good care of yourself and Perky!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Merry Monday January 2 my Christmas friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:25 pm

A lazy Monday holiday always feels so awkward. Yesterday felt like a holiday and today feels like I'm staying home on a workday. We are watching the Rose Bowl parade and later the game. It still feels Christmasy with the decorations are lit up and a chill in the house. Yay! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:26 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:That is a Christmas goal I think we can all get behind! 5000... no problem!

Great Christmas elf minds think alike! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Good news Jolly! I'm Still praying for your healing and prayers for Perky too.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas. (Maybe next year.)
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Noel+ wrote:Christmas 2017 posts goal: 5000.

2016 closed with 4773 Christmas posts and I think we can exceed that achievement. No pressure -- just fun. :smilecc:

5000 Christmas Posts for 2017!
Sounds like a great plan to me.
I'm looking forward to the fun and friendship.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:52 pm

It's was a sad day last week when Michelle wanted to take down all the Christmas decorations. She's a go getter and gets things done now rather than waiting till later. But that's OK. Looking forward to Christmas 2017 decorating.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Since its raining today I thought I'd use my time indoors to start taking down my Christmas decorations. It's bittersweet. While it's sad it be packing away this years stuff I'm already planning and looking forward to next ChrThistmas. :thumbs:

I have excuses - er, reasons - for postponing in taking down our Christmas decorations. They are:

1. I need to finish the 12 days of Cristmas first,
2. My decor is more 'winter' than Christmas: snow, ice, greens, snow families, and animals of all sorts in the snow.
3. The batteries are stil working in the wreaths, garlands and fdecorations. When the batteries die then I can take down the decorations.

I have more if you ever want to borrow one. :wink: :D

All great reasons! A lot of my decorations are more Winter too so they stay up. Just the Christmas trees are coming down today. :peek:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Michelle and I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought a few Christmas items 90% off. Gotta love it!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 pm

357 days till Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Here's an interesting article on the 12 days of Christmas. I know a lady who gave her daughters 12 gifts to open everyday and ending on Christmas Eve. She called it the 12 days of Christmas but it was really just 12 gifts of Christmas. :holly1:
http://thefederalist.com/2014/12/29/let ... christmas/

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:59 pm

*Back update*
My back is doing really well. Absolutely NO pain. I'm able to sleep thru the night (as long as I don't have to go to the bathroom :lol: ). I have my first post-op appointment with my back surgeon January 12. Hopefully he'll let me go back to work soon.

Thank you again for all the prayers my Christmas friends. You're the best. :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle and I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought a few Christmas items 90% off. Gotta love it!

Love me some discount Christmas! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:01 pm

I started a new 1000 piece Christmas puzzle yesterday. It's a tough one.
Gonna take a while to finish this one. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:*Back update*
My back is doing really well. Absolutely NO pain. I'm able to sleep thru the night (as long as I don't have to go to the bathroom :lol: ). I have my first post-op appointment with my back surgeon January 12. Hopefully he'll let me go back to work soon.

Thank you again for all the prayers my Christmas friends. You're the best. :smilecc:

That's wonderful news Christmas friend. I especially love that no pain part. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:It's was a sad day last week when Michelle wanted to take down all the Christmas decorations. She's a go getter and gets things done now rather than waiting till later. But that's OK. Looking forward to Christmas 2017 decorating.

Oh that would be hard on me. Neighbors, friends and other family have put away their Christmas decorations too. It great how you value Michelle's strengths. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter